DRC: Fine vows to return for senior season after pondering transferring

Brett Vito

2 minutes ago, Brett Vito said:

Oh boy this is going to ruffle some feathers. But good for Mason for thinking about himself and his future. I'm very glad hes staying. In this day and age I don't hold it against a kid for keeping his options open.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 5

My first reaction was WTF!! Where did that come from????

Upon reflection, I would bet there is a P5 out there where he could put up similar numbers- if not better - and raise his national profile significantly. I wouldn’t even be mad about it because it would make too much sense.  

If Littell leaves, he just might take Mason with him or at the very least it might change Mason’s thinking on whether or not he should stay.

Edit: Washington State would make a lot of sense. Their QB is graduating and Leach teams put up video game numbers. I would keep an eye on that...

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

With all the talk of SL jumping ship, he'd be dumb not to consider his options at one point. Mason has legitimate prospects at the next level if someone gives him a chance, so wouldn't you think a year at a P5 would make sense if your HC leaves and the team goes to hell in a hand basket?

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 7

11 minutes ago, THOR said:

this rumor was put out on the csnbbs board last week...glad he is staying

https://csnbbs.com/thread-863424.html

Yep.  Mason had to address this.   Somebody let the cat out of the bag anyway a while back.  I don't think it was initially Mason.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

Someone asked a question in the press conference, and Mason responded truthfully. Should we disown him for considering his options, and deciding to stay. He's staying! He chose us! What a bunch of crybabies.

I don’t see too many 3 year starters at QB coming back to a LOADED offense for their senior year admit they thought about leaving it all behind. It might have just been a passing thought (I don’t think it was) but the optics are still awful and Mason should have known better. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 4