Fox College Football Undefeated List

Talon90

3 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Inside Joke.  Old AD said we had to have North Texas all over our uniforms or else people wouldn't know who we are.  @OurRankingisFINE

HAHAHAHA I'm cracking up! That must be before my time. Either way, after this season... everyone will know who we are! GMG!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Look on the bright side -- much better than seeing our name like this:

unt_90s_logo.png

Making font look like it has an eagle beak on every point is a bad idea.  Also, at freshman orientation in 2005 one of my classmates described that logo as looking like a laundry detergent logo and 13 yrs later that 18 yr old is still correct. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, tmjerm said:

Making font look like it has an eagle beak on every point is a bad idea.  Also, at freshman orientation in 2005 one of my classmates described that logo as looking like a laundry detergent logo and 13 yrs later that 18 yr old is still correct. 

As @Peacock says “UNT - now with bleach!” 

• Haha 2

Another bit of credit I'll give to RV and everyone had better be appreciative for is he refused to give in to the demands of "Loggerhead" Lee eF.ing Jackson to place a "UNT" on our helmets after the new branding came out back in 2003.

Many may not know this but Rick considered putting the SOW on the helmet for many years but was always concerned we'd lose the instant recognition that the "North Texas" logo brought when seen in media.  I understood fully why he felt that way but I told him on several occasions that all we needed was a marquee win with the SOW logo and the rest would be history, and I think the 2014 HOD win finally did that for us.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1