UTSA Fans discuss UNT game

Harry

9 hours ago, NM Green said:

At the Alamodome last year UTSA fans - students came to an open spot right in front of the Mean Green students that had been bussed in.  They were a holes and started mocking the Mean Green students and being bonified douches the whole game.   They didn't set up that spot until the Mean Green students were all assembled and they purposely moved from the other side of the stadium to right in front of the students to give them hell. 

San Antonio fan is passionate that turns into obnoxious.  I have seen this with Spurs fan and now especially with Runner fans.  I have not witnessed our sole win over them but have seen 2 losses.  It will be great to see us finally take these jobs down.

So much for a welcome committee and then they wonder why they are perceived as terrible fans to watch a game with.  Loads more respect for La Tech, SMISS, Rice and even SMU fans.

Beat the UTSA.

GMG

Reminds me of those a-hole ULL fans back in the Sun Belt days when we played them in Lafayette.  Punks sitting in front of our students and fans, harassing them nearly the whole game.  Guess they were trying to be LSU fan wannabes.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1

On 10/1/2017 at 8:39 PM, Harry said:

This was a nice comment from a fan:

"From listening to the game (I wasn't about to pay a dime to stream a cUNT game that UTSA wasn't in.), it sounded like Fine was just chucking it up to Guyton and none of the USM Db's could cover him. UNT really only has 2 players, Guyton & Wilson. The midget at QB doesn't scare me."

Weird. There are plenty of examples of champions that surrounded an average QB with great players.   If he’s saying he just doesn’t want to be scared of a QB, power to him.  If he’s saying we can’t win games, he needs another angle.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, greenminer said:

Weird. There are plenty of examples of champions that surrounded an average QB with great players.   If he’s saying he just doesn’t want to be scared of a QB, power to him.  If he’s saying we can’t win games, he needs another angle.

What they (UTSA fans) are missing is that it is a different receiver leading the charge each week. It’s totally predicated on what the defense elects to take away and how they scheme. Last week, USM took away the inside guys and left Guyton on an island. The week prior, UAB matched up better outside and left the inside open for Smith and Lawrence. Expect that trend to continue throughout the remainder of the season, and the UTSA game will be no different. Remember, in addition to receiver matchups, teams have to try and stop Jeffrey and generate a disruptive pass rush. It’s very challenging to stop, and I’d expect the same for UTSA. We will get plenty of offense.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Bold Prediction:   Ito Smith to rush for 180yds & 3TDs.   He's gonna bounce back after getting bested by Wilson last week.

Yeah after the USM OC and USM HC both said they should have had more touches for Ito I think he will be a big part of their offense this week. 

4 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

What they (UTSA fans) are missing is that it is a different receiver leading the charge each week. It’s totally predicated on what the defense elects to take away and how they scheme. Last week, USM took away the inside guys and left Guyton on an island. The week prior, UAB matched up better outside and left the inside open for Smith and Lawrence. Expect that trend to continue throughout the remainder of the season, and the UTSA game will be no different. Remember, in addition to receiver matchups, teams have to try and stop Jeffrey and generate a disruptive pass rush. It’s very challenging to stop, and I’d expect the same for UTSA. We will get plenty of offense.

Yeah the different receiver thing is by design. The Air Raid is a democratic offense that gets the ball to the open guy and lets him make plays. Last season when they tried to take away certain things . . . they were successful. This season, they haven't been. When NT's offense has struggled it usually has been self-inflicted this season -- drops, mishandled snaps, INTs . 

1 hour ago, aztecskin said:

Yeah after the USM OC and USM HC both said they should have had more touches for Ito I think he will be a big part of their offense this week. 

Yeah the different receiver thing is by design. The Air Raid is a democratic offense that gets the ball to the open guy and lets him make plays. Last season when they tried to take away certain things . . . they were successful. This season, they haven't been. When NT's offense has struggled it usually has been self-inflicted this season -- drops, mishandled snaps, INTs . 

+ penalties. Those killed us against Iowa and to a lesser degree, SMU.

37 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

+ penalties. Those killed us against Iowa and to a lesser degree, SMU.

Yeah. An undermentioned item was how disciplined we were vs USM. The Golden Eagles were the more undisciplined team. The had a 15-yarder after the Kelvin Smith catch that put us in scoring range. 

we better be ready next week for the roadrunners they are going to be pissed off for sure.  SOMETH ended the perfect season. I didnt know they were such a passing team and that concerns me. we can't give their qb all day to throw the ball.  UAB is for real and has a favorable schedule.  They might be bowling this year.  Glad we have played SOMETH and UAB already.  UTSA is still concern for me because they always find away to beat us.   What the heck is up with UTEP.  glad we had this week off.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Truly, this UTSA who just shat the bed against a Southern Miss team that we just beat, without their starting quarterback, at home, is going to kick our asses. 

Also, SMU lost to Houston tonight.  Sure, they go to a bowl game, but F that BS "P6" logo they have on their down markers. 

I thought that stood for Prostitute #6.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3