FAU Considering Lane Kiffin

Mean Green 93-98

20 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I know every football coach aspires to be a head coach but why would he leave a national power house at Alabama to go to an outhouse like FAU? 

Coach Mac left a juggernaut at Florida with Urban Meyer to come to North Texas.  Same deal.  Some people want to be head coaches.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I know every football coach aspires to be a head coach but why would he leave a national power house at Alabama to go to an outhouse like FAU? 

I think LK is going to have to prove he can head coach successfully. This would be a stepping stone to a bigger program , because a bigger program would not take the risk. Saw where he is making 1.4m what can FAU offer? 

27 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

He was first in line to be HC for Houston, but for Some reason they decided to go with applewhite last minute. Also he's just sick of nick Saban, and is looking for just about anywhere to get started being a head coach again 

9 minutes ago, PRAK said:

He was first in line to be HC for Houston, but for Some reason they decided to go with applewhite last minute. Also he's just sick of nick Saban, and is looking for just about anywhere to get started being a head coach again 

I will bet Apple because Lk would not accept the buyout clause! 

wow. Gonna be interesting. I guess he really was gonna be kicked out at 'bama. A lot of coaches in Florida that should be able to recruit. Wonder if he and Butch can take some recruits away from UCF and from Charlie Strong at USF. Some of those big names in Florida are bound to be busts, because they will eat each other.

Also all of this has to be bad news for schools that heavily depend on Florida talent, like Marshall and Western Kentucky etc.