Tee Goree and Willie Robinson Update

TheReal_jayD

39 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Whatever they did Littrell doesn't f___ around.

And I'm totally fine with this. Our school should win with players that understand the team concept and do what they need to do to help the team

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Dodge?  As far as team discipline I would rate Dodge way ahead of Dickey and probably McCarney.  

Mac disciplined his players. When Schilleci was arrested, Mac suspended him. Mac cut Dajon Williams for his off the field issues (in addition to his lack of knowledge). 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

Mac disciplined his players. When Schilleci was arrested, Mac suspended him. Mac cut Dajon Williams for his off the field issues (in addition to his lack of knowledge). 

Not sure if you are jesting:  Schilleci got an one game suspension.   Williams' dismissal as far as I know had nothing to do with punishment, only a continued lack of effort.    McCarney's discipline appeared to be always measured with how does this effect the team's performance.   Not uncommon, but hardly praise worthy.    

54 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Not sure if you are jesting:  Schilleci got an one game suspension.   Williams' dismissal as far as I know had nothing to do with punishment, only a continued lack of effort.    McCarney's discipline appeared to be always measured with how does this effect the team's performance.   Not uncommon, but hardly praise worthy.    

From my time in housing, I would agree that Dickey didn't do a damn thing, Mac was better, and Dodge was better than Mac... but it seemed towards the end of Dodge's time he wasn't as disciplinarian as he was in the beginning. 

Stil, I would say you are correct. 

10 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Names don't show up in the Denton arrest records...

You may check the Fort Worth records, because the team stays down near TMS.. but could it be grades? Because didnt SL make Ivery  sit out the entire spring to get right in the classroom?

10 hours ago, 97and03 said:

If you mean bc of this incident, I agree it is disappointing. 

Otherwise I don't define disappointing as leading the team in receptions.

disappointing bc of this and the lack of production as well.. Avg. less then 4 catches a game... 

I wouldn't expect to see them play for UNT again.  Robinson was a walk on and I'm pretty sure he was close to getting a scholarship since he was starting.  That may be done now.

Goree was a big recruit, so he may get a team to give him a scholarship and transfer.

I am just speculating and not going on any facts.  I am just assuming players are going to figure it's time to change scenery if the coaches are that pissed at you.  

8 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

For someone who the #1 target in an Air-Raid and was expected to have a breakout year.. he did not.. thats why he was a disappointment this year

An "air raid" offense with more rushing attempts than passing attempts? One with more than double the rushing TDs than passing? That air raid offense?