Tailgating with perfect weather!

KingDL1

Thanks for everyone that came by! Just a great group of folks stopping by. The weather was awesome. It started off a bit slow but finished with a bang. Wren Baker and crew stopped by, he seems to be really headed down the right road for success. 

Lots of great conversations with very knowledgeable people, the energy is really good I like what is going on, just a breath of fresh air. Such a big difference from last year being so bleak and on life support.  

Great ribs, wonderful duck, mean green jell-o shot, tasty tequila chicken, mmmmm cookies, homemade cake and more.  

I am thinking about bringing a notebook to just see how many from the board stop by on a particular game day. Like a guest book or something sign in with gmg username and first names? Is that too much? I was wondering if we would see growth. 

BTW, we found a sunglass clip ons for glasses on the ground ---- anyone lose them? 

43 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

I am thinking about bringing a notebook to just see how many from the board stop by on a particular game day. Like a guest book or something sign in with gmg username and first names? Is that too much? I was wondering if we would see growth. 

My vote is "By All Means!". I'm still looking for my old nameplate from Fouts days that has that information on it.

I haven't tailgated since college and we would go out with my wife's sorority. When I was a kid we use to go out to the fields by fouts all the time. I miss all that open land and large tents with activities. Emmit and Rudy would always bring a football to throw around and we would kick field goals some times when they still had the goal posts up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

BTW, we found a sunglass clip ons for glasses on the ground ---- anyone lose them? 

They were mine but the upper left hinge broke off & I dumped them.  I thought i put them in the trash container.  Great balls of fire, Tony, & the ribs were great, too.  

GMG!

PS: I gave my dvd copy of the 1990 SMU vs North Texas game (and Mean Green win)  to the Beyond the Green producer who was at your tailgate. He told me he was going to digitize it & put it to good (future) use. Thanks for introducing us!?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

13 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

They were mine but the upper left hinge broke off & I dumped them.  I thought i put them in the trash container.  Great balls of fire, Tony, & the ribs were great, too.  

GMG!

PS: I gave my dvd copy of the 1990 SMU vs North Texas game (and Mean Green win)  to the Beyond the Green producer who was at your tailgate. He told me he was going to digitize it & put it to good (future) use. Thanks for introducing us!?

Thank you Jim, the Ribs were made and served by Victor, Amanda and Lauren as were the Mean Green Jell-O shots mmmm good,  if you had any bacon wrapped  duck that was @Army of Dad, the tequila Chicken, brownie cookies and chocolate chip cookies were John's, the cake was Bryan and Holly and of course the balls you know. We like the homemade.

13 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Thanks again for having us T.

Rick

Thank you for being part of it, it just makes game day that much better. 

I will say it again the new energy we have in Denton as we pull away from the negative bleak years is making Tailgate that much better. 

13 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

I don't know...looks like a pretty exclusive tailgate to me! They obviously don't let just anyone in.

Mark:. We Are Family!  Yes, dysfunctional at times but you know we all bleed green & give a damn about our school and if they'd break bread with SUMG & me then they'd do so with almost anyone! LOL!  

Very cordial (but opinionated) group but that's what makes them fun to be around. No petite petunias among this group.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

On 10/3/2016 at 11:05 AM, Cr1028 said:

I might try to swing by Saturday to say hi, sign the guestbook, and possibly taste Tony's balls. You guys are right at the bottom of the hill by the southeast parking lot, correct?

This link should take you to the exact spot. Good luck, hope to see you this Saturday. 

Denton at the Stadium grounds (Click Me)