A very Dodge-esqe 1st quarter

UNT90

Against a football team not named Oklahoma. As this beat down continues, remember that we are losing to a BAD football team. And losing badly.

Morris's arm in live action looks very much like Andrew McNulty. That deep ball that was picked had zero on it. 

SMU had 243 yards of offense on the first quarter. Do the math..,

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 14

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Against a football team not named Oklahoma. As this beat down continues, remember that we are losing to a BAD football team. And losing badly.

Morris's arm in live action looks very much like Andrew McNulty. That deep ball that was picked had zero on it. 

SMU had 243 yards of offense on the first quarter. Do the math..,

Look, anyone with a brain knows this is how this year is going to be. SL doesn't have the horses--hell, he doesn't even have any hay for the horses--yet.

SMU is a year ahead--we've been saying it all offseason to the homers on here. We have 1-2 wins on the field this year, max. But only wins in recruiting matter this fall...the rest is about development, gaining experience, and learning a new mindset.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Just now, untjim1995 said:

Look, anyone with a brain knows this is how this year is going to be. SL doesn't have the horses--hell, he doesn't even have any hay for the horses--yet.

SMU is a year ahead--we've been saying it all offseason to the homers on here. We have 1-2 wins on the field this year, max. But only wins in recruiting matter this fall...the rest is about development, gaining experience, and learning a new mindset.

A year ahead shouldn't equal a 30 point loss. That's where this is headed.

• Downvote 10

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

A year ahead shouldn't equal a 30 point loss. That's where this is headed.

I disagree. What Littrell has taken over is doubly worse than what Morris took over. We lost to them by 18 points last year. And we had a full scholarship roster, unlike now.

Raising expectations has to be realistic. Butt Cookman remains, as it has all year, the only game we will be favored to win--and even that will be a dogfight.

Mac left us in a hole that is worse than what Dickey AND Dodge left us combined...

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

The Dodge moment so far was the 2ndQ 3rd and 4th and 1 from the gun, leading to no gain then INT.

The Dodge moment is 3rd and 45 being converted for a TD.

A bad team has 371 total yards of offense in the first half against this defense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I'm not saying SL is a failure, I am saying that first half was incredibly disappointing in front of a very good crowd.

We're lucky to be down only 10. If the coaches can make adjustments and keep this game contested till the end I'll consider it a small win.

This. So much this.

I was hoping my 2-10 prediction would be proven wrong today. Now I worry that we won't win next week or once this season. This team has exhibited zero explosive ability in the first half. 

Morris wearing #5 is very apropos. He can't throw the ball more than 15 yards downfield. I think we see Fine fairly soon. 

• Downvote 3

14 minutes ago, unt37 said:

This is a brand new coach with 51 new players. I'm actually really impressed with the defense. I wish if we have a qb taking freshman lumps it not be a 5th year senior.

Defense has been anything but impressive. SMU will roll up over 600 yards of total offense tonight. And do it easily. The defense has been worse than awful.

This is SMU, not OU.

UNT has a hard time tackling. 

• Downvote 8