UNT to the Big12...

Ben Gooding

Just now, Eastwood Eagle said:

So why settle for the Big 12? Why not pressure our AD for PAC or SEC? All conferences would likely expand for the right candidate.

I'm all for it. Let's badger all 5 conferences as far as I'm concerned. Tbh, there is not 1 doubt in my mind that all of them will end up with 16 anyhow. Let the badgering begin. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

Big XII corporate offices are in Irving.  We should just go kidnap Bob Bowlsby and hold him for ransom until he lets UNT in the conference.  (Disclaimer: this is meant in jest).

In all seriousness, the fact that the Big XII offices are right in our back yard should be even more reason to ensure they know all about UNT.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Because the Big 12 is currently taking applications...

A movie taught me the virtue of bold thinking and how unimportant invitations are for getting where you want in life...

wedding crashers- invitations are for p-$$1e$

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gangrene said:

Big XII corporate offices are in Irving.  We should just go kidnap Bob Bowlsby and hold him for ransom until he lets UNT in the conference.  (Disclaimer: this is meant in jest).

In all seriousness, the fact that the Big XII offices are right in our back yard should be even more reason to ensure they know all about UNT.

Does Anthony Wallace still have his sign?

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, RaiderEagle said:

I think UNT offers as much as Houston and UNT would immediately have a rival in TCU given the proximity. Also, I did my MBA at UNT and absolutely loved the school so I'm totally biased. Oh, and I can't leave off that as a Red Raider living in Frisco I could see Tech more often too. :)

That's interesting. Do conferences consider rivalries ( or creating potential rivalries ) in the expansion equation ? I know t.v. market, recruiting,  etc. is, but this is something I've never heard or recognized.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Some of you guys are so linear in your thinking.

Most of the schools on the Big XII list have no shot at this Big XII expansion and know that. By taking a run at it, they just got their name mentioned not just with the Big XII but with the schools they have a realistic chance of aligning with.

It's like seeing a group of hot people at a bar around a celebrity. You can guess which of the 8-10 people you have a shot at and approach them or go hit on the celebrity, watch the reactions and figure out pretty quickly who thinks you are funny/smart/cute/handsome/repellant/annoying and focus your efforts more intelligently.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Arkstfan said:

Some of you guys are so linear in your thinking.

Most of the schools on the Big XII list have no shot at this Big XII expansion and know that. By taking a run at it, they just got their name mentioned not just with the Big XII but with the schools they have a realistic chance of aligning with.

It's like seeing a group of hot people at a bar around a celebrity. You can guess which of the 8-10 people you have a shot at and approach them or go hit on the celebrity, watch the reactions and figure out pretty quickly who thinks you are funny/smart/cute/handsome/repellant/annoying and focus your efforts more intelligently.

Don't want to get booted again by @Cerebus but I think your lack of expectations are fundamentally flawed. If you don't ask the big12, the answer will be an assumed no. If you don't ask the hot girl out, the answer is an assumed no. I like to be told "no" or "yes." I don't live my life on assumptions and I expect UNT to run their athletic program the same. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Shouldn't be asking the Big12, should be asking the SEC and Pac12 which have had thoughts of expanding again... Both the SEC and Pac12 should be interested at least or be willing to hold a meeting with UNT, because could bring them a slice of the DFW market in terms of Alumi, but also letting SEC/Pac12 teams play here as well and getting a slice of the DFW Media Market. That is why Colorado went to the Pac-12, was so the Pac12 could get another major media market in Denver.. 

Also, I would think both conferences maybe willing to over look UNT in athletics because of the academic honors and the DFW market, but this isn't likely to happen. 

• Upvote 1