UNT to the Big12...

Ben Gooding

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Thank God, he's not from some mean suburb...

Awe, you still mad I ripped on Keller three years ago? Grow up.

Although not surprising you're obsessed with me, considering you brigade downvote everything I post. Kinda pathetic tbh

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

29 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Awe, you still mad I ripped on Keller three years ago? Grow up.

Although not surprising you're obsessed with me, considering you brigade downvote everything I post. Kinda pathetic tbh

I don't get into down or up votes, since it really doesn't matter...you know, since it's a website and all...otherwise, it'd be "kinda pathetic" to even care about what others think of your opinions.

You telling someone to grow up is just a tad ironic...Ill let you figure out why, although I'm not gonna peg critical thinking as a real strong suit of yours.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

You telling someone to grow up is just a tad ironic...Ill let you figure out why, although I'm not gonna peg critical thinking as a real strong suit of yours.

1. First off, you clearly don't understand the definition of irony. That's okay, many people think Alanis Morrissette's version of irony is the definition. I would hate to bring you down a notch, but it's true.

2. I do have a masters. Congrats on your business undergrad. Bet you got a fulfilling, nice and happy 9 to 5 office job. That's why, at 40, you're on here making snarky comments based off of a post from three years ago.

Have a great life, buddy. You're back on the ignore list.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Downvote 18

On August 15, 2016 at 7:03 AM, BigWillie said:

Yay!! 6 body bag games a season!

Seriously though, I think the state of our athletics is becoming better with all of the changes that have been made, but we really have to prove something on the field before we say, "Yeah! We hired a new staff, we can compete with UT, Tech, Baylor, etc."

On the other hand, I say give it a shot, what's the worse that can happen, as mentioned before, we get our name out there and they say no.

Yes, the initial beatings would be thorough and decisive, however simply being in the conference would make us a far more attractive destination for top local talent.  Yes, I will acquiest that Baylor, being in the Big 12, did not help it.  But, what we do offer beyond Baylor (and it's not being the FBS equivalent of Mos Eisley as a haven of all the villainy of the college football galaxy) is a legitimate collegiate experience, something that had hindered Baylor in the years prior to the coach who's name escapes me time current.  So, the improvement that would be made would be quick.  I think what would ultimately hinder us is the fact that we would not be able to upgrade our facilities to meet the minimum stadium capacity- almost exclusively due to resistance from the "alternative" student population that would protest.  You know, the ones that make our school look like the real life version of PCU (which is a great movie if you haven't seen it."

4 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

1. First off, you clearly don't understand the definition of irony. That's okay, many people think Alanis Morrissette's version of irony is the definition. I would hate to bring you down a notch, but it's true.

2. I do have a masters. Congrats on your business undergrad. Bet you got a fulfilling, nice and happy 9 to 5 office job. That's why, at 40, you're on here making snarky comments based off of a post from three years ago.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I don't get into down or up votes, since it really doesn't matter...you know, since it's a website and all...otherwise, it'd be "kinda pathetic" to even care about what others think of your opinions.

The up down vote thing is the dumbest thing ever included on this website.

Have confidence in your opinions. Disagree without name calling or being an ass, something foreign to our younger posters and some of our older ones. Argue your points on the issue. Don't name call. It only makes you look like you are desperate and unable to get the better of the argument. 

Basically, be an adult.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Have confidence in your opinions. Disagree without name calling or being an ass, something foreign to our younger posters and some of our older ones. Argue your points on the issue. Don't name call. It only makes you look like you are desperate and unable to get the better of the argument. 

Basically, be an adult.

Don't name call, eh? You might want to take your own advice.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Don't name call, eh? You might want to take your own advice.

I only defend myself, and even then with amusement. I realize the internet isn't real life. Maybe you should, also.

I mean, I figured a young guy with a masters would have already come to that conclusion. 

It always amuses me the tough guy roles people play on the Internet, down to challenging another Mean Green fan to "meet me in the parking lot" when EVERYONE knows that meeting would never occur, and if it did it would be 2 guys apologizing to each other over a beer. Because personal interaction is WAY different than Internet message board Bulsh.

I get that.

You should try.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

12 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Basically, be an adult.

Pot meet kettle.  This is just comedy gold.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

12 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Pot meet kettle.  This is just comedy gold.

That would be your response. Sadly, discussion with you has devolved into you name calling and me responding. I'm going to try and be better and just let you show your true colors more. 

Most likely this occurred because you resent the way I went after RV, who you supported for the longest time before being drug, kicking and screaming (literally screaming) into reality. 

I get it. It's kill the messenger. I really wish you could set this aside, but considering a good percentage of your posts are aimed at me and very hateful, I doubt this happens in the near future. 

It really does amaze me that some of you don't realize what happened from Portland St to RV's firing in regards to my persona on this web site. It shocks me even more that some of you continue to have MINIMAL expectations long term for UNT athletics and that makes me wonder if UNT will ever be anything more than the joke of Texas FBS athletic programs. 

It's a new day. Expect Wren Baker to act like a real FBS AD. I do.

Expect UNT to step it up athletically. I do. 

And for God's sake, stop whining about people who disagree with you. Challenge them on the merits  of their opinions. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:05 AM, Ryan Munthe said:

You worked for the RV athletic department...I think that pretty much tells everyone all they need to know about you.

You take this message board very seriously...that's ALWAYS a great sign of maturity and achievement.

I'm sure your life is just full of kick-ass activities, Snowflake...

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

• Harry locked this topic