What a weird day....

cdizzle86

13 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Good for Arkansas St for expecting more. 

I haven't seen one post on here wanting UNT to apply...

I got you fam..

And nutsack landing a 4* Denton recruit will not stick. We are a looooooong way from February. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I got you fam..

And nutsack landing a 4* Denton recruit will not stick. We are a looooooong way from February. 

Whether it does or not isn't my concern. UTSA has 4 star transfers and now a 4 star verbal, where is the Mean Green activity? I read about the Jimmy and Joes on here and starting to go from concerned to nervous. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

Just now, UTSA Fan said:

Whether it does or not isn't my concern. UTSA has 4 star transfers and now a 4 star verbal, where is the Mean Green activity? I read about the Jimmy and Joes on here and starting to go from concerned to nervous. 

Well, you know, if you want to defend a nutsack (with your SOW avatar) you can always kick rocks. 

I'm not talking shit about nutsack. There is just no way they hold on to a 4* playing in the echo dome. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Why do I always have to point out the low expectations of this program and its fans?

#mystruggle.

I think you are confusing low expectations with "realistic" expectations at the time being.  Have to crawl before you walk, walk before you run.  Yes we ALL want UNT to be in the BIG 12, playing a top 5 schedule (Home and Away) and going undefeated every year, but we realize that it isn't going to happen this year or even next year.  

You are the one telling everyone that thinks this teams is going to win more than 2 game that they are overestimating the power of the new coaching staff, but then turn around and WAY overestimate the power of the new AD in year 1.  

Which one is it?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Why do I always have to point out the low expectations of this program and its fans?

#mystruggle.

The low expectations are well earned here. You can't have 5 winning seasons in 25 years, with a history of keeping a lazy AD around for 15 years, and having a history (until recently) of complete apathy, and think that expectations are going to jump real quick. Hell, after 2013, our best team in years, our fanbase was so excited to watch us follow up our HoD Bowl win that we saw season tickets and attendance DROP for 2014.

You cannot raise expectations from the fans until you win consistently. And you cannot win consistently until you combine solid coaching with much improved recruiting. Right now, there aren't nearly enough Texas HS recruits that want to come here when they have other offers.

Only winning can fix this...and that has only happened here in the 70s under Fry and the early 00s under Dickey.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

I think you are confusing low expectations with "realistic" expectations at the time being.  Have to crawl before you walk, walk before you run.  Yes we ALL want UNT to be in the BIG 12, playing a top 5 schedule (Home and Away) and going undefeated every year, but we realize that it isn't going to happen this year or even next year.  

You are the one telling everyone that thinks this teams is going to win more than 2 game that they are overestimating the power of the new coaching staff, but then turn around and WAY overestimate the power of the new AD in year 1.  

Which one is it?

Tactical and strategic planning. You are talking tactical, I am talking strategic. 

14 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

The low expectations are well earned here. You can't have 5 winning seasons in 25 years, with a history of keeping a lazy AD around for 15 years, and having a history (until recently) of complete apathy, and think that expectations are going to jump real quick. Hell, after 2013, our best team in years, our fanbase was so excited to watch us follow up our HoD Bowl win that we saw season tickets and attendance DROP for 2014.

You cannot raise expectations from the fans until you win consistently. And you cannot win consistently until you combine solid coaching with much improved recruiting. Right now, there aren't nearly enough Texas HS recruits that want to come here when they have other offers.

Only winning can fix this...and that has only happened here in the 70s under Fry and the early 00s under Dickey.

And if you don't expect it, it will never happen. That's how an AD with a revenue sports record of 150 games under .500 sticks around for 15 years.

Because no one expects to do better.

Its a new day. We should try to embrace it with raised expectations. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

10 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Tactical and strategic planning. You are talking tactical, I am talking strategic. 

And if you don't expect it, it will never happen. That's how an AD with a revenue sports record of 150 games under .500 sticks around for 15 years.

Because no one expects to do better.

Its a new day. We should try to embrace it with raised expectations. 

I have friends in the Big 12 office and sent your post over. We're covered.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Why would you not want to play for nUTSAck? Next to no academic expectations, those monstrosities that they call jerseys, losing to the worst team in FBS last year, hiring Todd Dodge to coach...things looking up for em.

Seriously though, nUTSAck's academics (lack of them) are something we can't compete with, so good on them. 

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Well, you know, if you want to defend a nutsack (with your SOW avatar) you can always kick rocks. 

I'm not talking shit about nutsack. There is just no way they hold on to a 4* playing in the echo dome. 

I'm sure if you read my post you would see my angle. I'm not defending, attacking, promoting, degrading, supporting or dismissing anyone nor dI'd i assert you did. I even said in the post I didn't care about the verbal either way, other than to say those things show movement in that program and I am beginning to worry about UNT. Both schools are in the same conference,  division,  state , have head coaches hired in February and are building up their respective programs. Those are facts. Comparisons of the two in my mind help guage "progress" in the programs endeavors. If making valid observations about the team on the team forum triggers keyboard nazis and an ensuing Truthers Cleansing, I have so much more compassion for 90. It appears close to impossible to have objective rational posting exchanges with you.

7 minutes ago, UTSA Fan said:

I'm sure if you read my post you would see my angle. I'm not defending, attacking, promoting, degrading, supporting or dismissing anyone nor dI'd i assert you did. I even said in the post I didn't care about the verbal either way, other than to say those things show movement in that program and I am beginning to worry about UNT. Both schools are in the same conference,  division,  state , have head coaches hired in February and are building up their respective programs. Those are facts. Comparisons of the two in my mind help guage "progress" in the programs endeavors. If making valid observations about the team on the team forum triggers keyboard nazis and an ensuing Truthers Cleansing, I have so much more compassion for 90. It appears close to impossible to have objective rational posting exchanges with you.

It's a 4* recruit that has dexommitted from  a blueblood and ucla. He then turns around and commits to utsa? 100 says he doesn't stick and that's the entire meaning to my post. You think it means something. I think it's meaningless. He'll go on an unofficial to somewhere during the season and right after he'll be tagging twitter with some bs thank you/apology to nutsacks staff and onto his next flav of the week. 

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't be that surprised if he stays committed. Frank Harris is a probably the best recruiter in CUSA. He has had a great offseason and really set a tone when it comes to recruiting. I don't think Littrell and his staff are that good at getting big time recruits, but I really believe they are better coaches and developers. I also think the system is better. Littrell has 12 games to showcase his program. He needs to show kids how much fun it is to play here. 

UTSA has won the offseason by a mile, but UNT can still beat them and finish strong. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, greenb.o.g. said:

Don't get me wrong, I love my alma mater, but let me provide you with a little picture that illustrates the reaction Big 12 Presidents would have to hearing UNT asking to be in their conference: 

Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg

Sorry you have such a low opinion of UNT.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Mean_Green09 said:

I wouldn't be that surprised if he stays committed. Frank Harris is a probably the best recruiter in CUSA. He has had a great offseason and really set a tone when it comes to recruiting. I don't think Littrell and his staff are that good at getting big time recruits, but I really believe they are better coaches and developers. I also think the system is better. Littrell has 12 games to showcase his program. He needs to show kids how much fun it is to play here. 

UTSA has won the offseason by a mile, but UNT can still beat them and finish strong. 

Maybe so. We beat them last year and I don't give a damn if they had to move their left tackle to QB, we were absolute garbage. Also, I think Frank Harris is riding on the tiny G5 hype train that never leaves San Antonio. 

4 hours ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Probably valid points here. Frank Wilson is a "highly touted recruiter" who was able to "coach running backs" at LSU. Nothing about the guy would leave an unbiased person under the premise that the guy can coach and develop.