What a weird day....

cdizzle86

9 hours ago, greenb.o.g. said:

Has nothing to do with my opinion. 

Let's paint a picture:

A person with several bankruptcies, no job, and deep in debt...yet he walks into the bank and declares he wants a mansion, you know, just because...

imagine how that would go in the bank lobby--now you've got an idea of what this thread looks like to the folks outside of gmg's homers...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Mean_Green09 said:

I wouldn't be that surprised if he stays committed. Frank Harris is a probably the best recruiter in CUSA. He has had a great offseason and really set a tone when it comes to recruiting. I don't think Littrell and his staff are that good at getting big time recruits, but I really believe they are better coaches and developers. I also think the system is better. Littrell has 12 games to showcase his program. He needs to show kids how much fun it is to play here. 

UTSA has won the offseason by a mile, but UNT can still beat them and finish strong. 

It is the kid's third commitment. I'll believe it when I see an actual signing.

15 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Why do I always have to point out the low expectations of this program and its fans?

#mystruggle.

I guess because we're all a bunch of low life retards who can't find out asses with both hands. Thank God, we have you, 90 to show us the way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Let's paint a picture:

A person with several bankruptcies, no job, and deep in debt...yet he walks into the bank and declares he wants a mansion, you know, just because...

imagine how that would go in the bank lobby--now you've got an idea of what this thread looks like to the folks outside of gmg's homers...

Horrible analogy. 

We're more like a Ferrari with busted wheel bearings and a faded paint job. However, we may have hired the right mechanics (SL&WB) to get us running and shiny.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

UNT should be offering to SEC and Pac12... Both of those Conf. I bet have interested in getting into the DFW Market for viewers and recruits. 

I agree. It makes more sense and no one is doing it. We could be the first knocking on their front door. 

6 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I agree. It makes more sense and no one is doing it. We could be the first knocking on their front door. 

I'm pretty sure UNT in terms of sports, we all would be okay becoming the new Vandy or another whooping boy for the Pac12. UNT needs/could sale this.. DFW is a Top 5/Top 10 media market, UNT is top 25 colleges in the US in terms of # of students, and UNT has a huge fan base.. The SEC or Pac12 could instantly come into DFW with UNT and take the arear away from the Big12. 

What I have heard is schoosl don't want to join the SEC because of the academic side is weaker, but outstanding sports, while the Pac12 is the opposite with focusing on Academics followed by sports.. 

Another thing, with Baker.. Maybe he can make a few calls around to people at Mizzou and other schools in the SEC for a few favors... (also, with UNT given the SEC or Pac12 the ability to play in the DFW area, I bet the conferences would have no problem paying the exit fee for C-USA)

7 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

I'm pretty sure UNT in terms of sports, we all would be okay becoming the new Vandy or another whooping boy for the Pac12. UNT needs/could sale this.. DFW is a Top 5/Top 10 media market, UNT is top 25 colleges in the US in terms of # of students, and UNT has a huge fan base.. The SEC or Pac12 could instantly come into DFW with UNT and take the arear away from the Big12. 

What I have heard is schoosl don't want to join the SEC because of the academic side is weaker, but outstanding sports, while the Pac12 is the opposite with focusing on Academics followed by sports.. 

Another thing, with Baker.. Maybe he can make a few calls around to people at Mizzou and other schools in the SEC for a few favors... (also, with UNT given the SEC or Pac12 the ability to play in the DFW area, I bet the conferences would have no problem paying the exit fee for C-USA)

I think the Pac12 would be a better bet if this were to happen. They are desperately trying to get into this market and have been for some time. Well, WB and Prez needs to smear lipstick all over us and present us to the conference as a viable option. 

Edited by Ben Gooding

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

I think the Pac12 would be a better bet if this were to happen. They are desperately trying to get into this market and have been for some time. Well, WB and Prez needs to smear to lipstick all over us and present us to the conference as a viable option. 

I agree with the Pac12 trying to come into TX, but UNT would have to pay alot more in travel if we join the Pac12. What i mean by travel is we would have to travel farther for Division games, but I think UNT would still take whatever the PAC12 offers them money-wise. Also, I'm not sure how fans would feel about the time differences(would anyone have any worries?). 

UNT needs to bring this up, because SMU is more likely to prefer the PAC12 than the SEC. UNT has a much larger Alumni base that is in the area, and could lead to a bidding/ reward war between the 2 mega conferences... 

1 minute ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

I agree with the Pac12 trying to come into TX, but UNT would have to pay alot more in travel if we join the Pac12. What i mean by travel is we would have to travel farther for Division games, but I think UNT would still take whatever the PAC12 offers them money-wise. Also, I'm not sure how fans would feel about the time differences(would anyone have any worries?). 

UNT needs to bring this up, because SMU is more likely to prefer the PAC12 than the SEC. UNT has a much larger Alumni base that is in the area, and could lead to a bidding/ reward war between the 2 mega conferences... 

If we were in the Pac12 not 1 fan would care about the kickoff times or the time differences. Or at least they shouldn't. 

• Upvote 1

UNT needs to find a partner for a package deal.. Maybe Colorado State for the PAC12 and Memphis(Because of Bakers connections) and offer UNT +1 to each conference... The other college would bring in a more competitive athletic program while UNT brings in the Top5/10 market. 

We need to forget about the Big12... Its a sinking ship and the Big12 wants to keep its big schools happy(UT, OU, TCU, OSU,KAS(only during basketball)), the big12 doesn't care about the others... the others are just sticking with the big12 bc of the $, and we should easliy beat schools like Baylor, and Tech because of the fan base, market, and troubles with Baylor...