BREAKING NEWS: We Did It!!!

Green P1

9 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

The flapping access panel on top of the I35 Apogee sign has been closed!  I know I said "We" in the title... but I'd really mostly like to thank myself for this accomplishment.  Job well done.  I think I now understand the over-inflated sense of self-worth/importance 90 felt when the RV news came down... and I like it. 

Sorry I didn't have the chance to grab a picture as I drove by this morning... but I promise its not flapping anymore. 

You're Welcome

Funny how the only people that ever bring up the banner are those who want to deride me for something accomplished BY A GROUP. OF DONORS. 

And, of course, these are the same people that didn't contribute one dime to the effort and made fun of it at the time. 

Its pretty clear the motivation:

Someone told me right after RV was fired that I should keep a list of those that contributed because a lot of people would claim to have in the future. I dismissed that at the time because I thought that banner would be quickly forgotten, but the jealous butthurtedness that has reared its head on here since RV's termination make me wonder if that guy (honestly can't remember who it was) didn't have a valid point.

One thing is for sure, if there are people who attempt to take credit for something they didn't do, it will be this segment of fans. 

But, hey, P1, congrats on getting a door shut... 

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 14

8 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

From the guy who did nothing to help the cause....

youre welcome

Hey, I incorrectly thought you were griping about a Rudy's fabric banner (there's that word again) being draped across the sign for like two pages.

If that's not contributing, I don't know what is.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

30 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I for one applaud you.  

Now, can we PLEASE get me the kudos I deserve because I said Fouts needed to be replaced at least ten times.  I made things happen people!!!

I, for one, have always credited you for Fouts' replacement.  

Thank you. 

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, UTSA Fan said:

I want credit for this whole thing turning around. Since I joined, new HC, new AD, bump in recruiting and facility upgrades.

Consider this your pat on the back.

You've done more for improving that athletic department than anyone in the past five years that I can think of.  

Honestly, can ANYONE think of a grand gesture that garnered more attention than UTSA Fan coming around?  Me neither

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

8 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Consider this your pat on the back.

You've done more for improving that athletic department than anyone in the past five years that I can think of.  

Honestly, can ANYONE think of a grand gesture that garnered more attention than UTSA Fan coming around?  Me neither

I think it's been amazing, not my imput which is tongue in cheek, but watching the end of last season and reading all the threads and then all of the changes. I'm really excited (although some would warn against it) because the changes look significant and in the right direction. 

4 minutes ago, UTSA Fan said:

I think it's been amazing, not my imput which is tongue in cheek, but watching the end of last season and reading all the threads and then all of the changes. I'm really excited (although some would warn against it) because the changes look significant and in the right direction. 

Still a very big hire to make before we know if things are "headed in the right direction."

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

13 hours ago, Green P1 said:

Well Hank apparently got the Flap fixed....

I believe Green P1 would make a fantastic deputy Athletic Director under Hank's leadership.

If all it takes is a little Hank & Green P1 to finally get this travesty addressed, I've really seen all I need to see as far as the future direction of this program.  Get rid of Kuehne (Trip, not Ernie) and Sicuro, and just hire these fine men.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I am seriously considering pulling every favor I have on campus to get me up into that billboard so I can re-open that flap.   I just don't know if I can live with @Green P1's resulting stroke on my conscience.  

They keep that door at the bottom locked up real tight. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

The wind probably blew it shut. 

Can we be sure that it didn't just succumb to metal fatigue and get hauled away by some beer can scavenger?

• Upvote 2