Name one position

Wag Tag

57 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Optimism? Yep!

Why? Name one position that will not be better than last year. Especially if English is good.

Name one coach that will not be better than last year. Oh wait Seth is ranked 128.

I am optimistic? GMG

I think almost every position will be better.  The problem they must be substantially better to be competitive with most opponents.  

However, the coaches are a complete unknown at this point.  I believe they will be much better, but there is nothing to base that on; other than how bad the coaching staff was last year.   Probably the majority of fans thought McCarney and staff were a vast improvement over Dodge, they were not.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Optimism? Yep!

Why? Name one position that will not be better than last year. Especially if English is good.

Name one coach that will not be better than last year. Oh wait Seth is ranked 128.

I am optimistic? GMG

I have to agree with that thought, but I am concerned with our OT's in the new system. There are plenty of ifs and buts, but I'm hoping for an an upgrade just about everywhere else. Assuming of course that our QB's and receivers can make this thing work.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Since we don't use them I'll say Tight End won't be better than last year. What do I win?

200.gif

TE, TE was that the guy 10yds deep wide open over the middle and the ball was an overthrow or into the dirt? You might be right!

• Upvote 1

I'm a little concerned about our return game. Tre Johnson was a good return man and one of the few bright spots on last seasons team. I thought he played well and should have earned a scholarship. I have to wonder if there were other factors involved.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2016/02/tre-johnson-has-left-unt.html/

Edited by Side Show Joe

2 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

I'm a little concerned about our return game. Tre Johnson was a good return man and one of the few bright spots on last seasons team. I thought he played well and should have earned a scholarship. I have to wonder if there were other factors involved.

I can see one of the several stud freshman WR we have coming in being excellent return men, as well as Anthony Wyche the kid from La Valle JUCO. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

Dion will be the man!

6 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

Tre Johnson would have received a scholarship had he remained academically eligible.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Agree.  Especially with the loss of our anchor, Kirby, and Miles not clicking.

Hopefully the JUCO shows up. I think the line  actually could be better with the quick release passing game and D's not stacking the box. GMG