Hank Dickenson advertising for the AD job

UNT90

51 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

You obviously don't understand human behavior.

You clearly do not understand the talent search and hiring process. You really think the president, Kuehne, Scioto, etc. care(s) about the push for Hank in Denton? This is extremely small time thinking --- and I can assure you that they don't. 

Edited by UNT Mean Green
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

You clearly do not understand the talent search and hiring process. You really think the president, Kuehne, Scioto, etc. care(s) about the push for Hank in Denton? This is extremely small time thinking --- and I can assure you that they don't. 

You clearly do not understand UNT culture. 

Yes, having these business people  in his ear will make Smatresk take note. You would be foolish to think otherwise. If Smatresk wants  Hank on the finalist list, he will be there. 

I hope there will be large obstacles to a AD Dickenson sitting on the search committee. Hopefully that process begins Monday night.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

You obviously don't understand human behavior.

I understand enough about human behavior that if anybody disagrees with your all self important opinion, you jump back at them

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

You clearly do not understand UNT culture. 

Yes, having these business people  in his ear will make Smatresk take note. You would be foolish to think otherwise. If Smatresk wants  Hank on the finalist list, he will be there. 

I hope there will be large obstacles to a AD Dickenson sitting on the search committee. Hopefully that process begins Monday night.

looking forward to your presence on Monday.  maybe you can throw your hat into the ring for AD since you obviously know more than everybody

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 3

36 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I understand enough about human behavior that if anybody disagrees with your all self important opinion, you jump back at them

looking forward to your presence on Monday.  maybe you can throw your hat into the ring for AD since you obviously know more than everybody

Good demonstration of human behavior in the bold in this very post. 

Lets see if you are as vocal in the meeting. My guess would be no. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

you will never know because I suspect you will not bother to come out.  it is easy to hide behind a comuter

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Long term leadership tends to build and shape a very strong business culture, along with ingraining business processes.  If you want to continue the past 15 years because you deem them so successful, then go ahead and hire from within.  

If however, you think the culture and processes need fundamental changes, then hiring from within, especially of a long term employee, is not the proper way to go.  

This.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Long term leadership tends to build and shape a very strong business culture, along with ingraining business processes.  If you want to continue the past 15 years because you deem them so successful, then go ahead and hire from within.  

If however, you think the culture and processes need fundamental changes, then hiring from within, especially of a long term employee, is not the proper way to go.  

Pretty fair point if you think Hank was responsible/complicit with the job performance of the teams other than his own. 

I know Hank had responsibility for portions of the broadcasts because of his involvement, but don't really know what else he was responsible for and how well his area performed. 

Clearly, marketing, MGC membership, season ticket sales, promotions/communications, spell checking, etc... were severely lacking. I am just not sure of Hank's involvement in those areas. 

Regardless, if Hank does not get the job he can probably thank RV and the other knuckleheads in senior leadership roles that have underperformed as much as anything. He is guilty by association. 

As I tell my kids, you have to be careful with who you associate with because they will drag you up or down to their level. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

you will never know because I suspect you will not bother to come out.  it is easy to hide behind a comuter

I'll be there front and center, friend. You should be, also. All opinions should be heard. 

21 minutes ago, letsgiveacheer said:

If Frenchiy doesn't work, HD can always hang around Bonnie Brae holding a cardboard sign.

Maybe he will have better luck than the other guy.

Remember the Frenchy "we love RV" signs last winter?

Kiss of death? ?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

30 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

Most of the internet would shut down if everyone always agreed. Boy would that be boring! 

Isn't it funny that the ones who accuse some of us of only wanting our opinion heard are the ones who only want their opinion heard?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4