Hank Dickenson advertising for the AD job

UNT90

5 hours ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Legit question.... you think George is openly campaigning for what he thinks isn't the best for UNT? Look, I don't want them to hire Hank either.... I'm also open to believe George is a good high profile alum who cares overwhelmingly about NT and legitimately thinks Hank is the right choice. Sure, they're friends and that sways it... but I don't think George wants anything more than UNT to be successful.... even when i disagree with him, which I do here. 

I think if a clearly better candidate were presented to George, he would dismiss that candidate and continue to push for Hank. 

I don't know if you were at the fan meeting, but that was abundantly clear when George got up to comment. He tried to use false emotion in an attempt to campaign for Hank. It was calculated, but to me came off as very contrived. Then George went and talked to the media both before and after the event, using his sizable media weight to further the campaign. George is a one candidate guy. It wouldn't matter if the college football version of John Daniels was out there, George wants a friend to get a job. Period. 

Look, this is what Geirge is used to at UNT. He is the ultimate insider from the RV regime. This is the culture that he knows so well and has used to his own advantage. He also faces the possibility of losing influence inside the program with an AD not named Hank Dickenson. 

I just hope this university does the right thing for athletics for the first time in a very long time. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

10 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

He also faces the possibility of losing influence inside the program with an AD not named Hank Dickenson

BOOYAH!!  Its well past the time that the "good ole boys club" be dismantled and dissolved. Now, I have nothing against Hank and would not have a problem with him being involved with the Athletic Department in some capacity but NOT as the Athletic Director.

If Hank is appointed AD, it would prove to me once and for all that this University is not serious about Athletics at UNT and after 46 years of being a loyal fan I will willingly walk away. I will not renew my 5 season tickets for football, my 4 season tickets for men's basketball and my annual MGC membership will end immediately, not that it would matter to anyone anyway.

Again, I appreciate Hanks dedication and loyalty to UNT Athletics but we desperately need someone with experience and someone from the outside.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1