Another Shoe Drops At Baylor

EagleMBA

I'm not a big fan of Baylor, but it does seem that once the Board became involved they responded correctly.  The Head Coach is gone, as is the AD & the President/Chancellor.  Within a few months a lot of small fish will follow them out the door.  This was a sorry episode but it happens.  Hopefully Baylor will learn from it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, GTWT said:

I'm not a big fan of Baylor, but it does seem that once the Board became involved they responded correctly.  The Head Coach is gone, as is the AD & the President/Chancellor.  Within a few months a lot of small fish will follow them out the door.  This was a sorry episode but it happens.  Hopefully Baylor will learn from it.

I'm with you.  I hope they learn from it but I also hoped they learned from the basketball murder/attempted cover up in 2003.  If it was just about any other school I would think surely they won't do something this corrupt again but I just don't have that confidence in baylor. 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, RaiderEagle said:

I'm with you.  I hope they learn from it but I also hoped they learned from the basketball murder/attempted cover up in 2003.  If it was just about any other school I would think surely they won't do something this corrupt again but I just don't have that confidence in baylor. 

BINGO!! This is a case of deja vu all over again. Raider nailed it, folks. Refresh your memory with this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylor_University_basketball_scandal

Ken Starr faced down a sitting president.  Briles and his Baylor sycophants are amateurs.

If Briles and the rest of the Baylor enablers thought they were going to make him take the fall, they got played like chumps. 

The sad thing about this situation is that Baylor waited until the day before the report was released to do anything at all.  But, better late than never, I guess.

40 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Well Ken, as someone who wasted 40 Million of taxpayers money,  as someone said earlier "chasing a hummer around the White House", how does it feel to have that Karma train run over you? 

200.gif

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

Well Ken, as someone who wasted 40 Million of taxpayers money,  as someone said earlier "chasing a hummer around the White House", how does it feel to have that Karma train run over you? 

1,000 likes to you sir.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

15 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Agree.  His failure to put one scandalous criminal behind bars led to an even bigger criminal to spread her scandals from Bengazi and back.

Rick

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 14

This is unreal, almost to a "We gotta pass the bill to see what's in it" level of lying and deceitfulness.

"Ken Starr Faceplants When Confronted With Email Showing He Was Told About Rape At Baylor"

http://deadspin.com/ken-starr-faceplants-when-confronted-with-email-showing-1780263253?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

9 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

This is unreal, almost to a "We gotta pass the bill to see what's in it" level of lying and deceitfulness.

"Ken Starr Faceplants When Confronted With Email Showing He Was Told About Rape At Baylor"

http://deadspin.com/ken-starr-faceplants-when-confronted-with-email-showing-1780263253?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Rick

Well Ken, looks like that Karma train decided to back up and run over you again. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Sex Assault victim and accused player both say football staff knew of accusations.  Victim also claims that Briles son in law (Coach on Baylor staff) told her that Art knew of the situation.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/06/07/baylor-devin-chafin-assault-allegation-art-briles-aware

Baylor has announced full Pepper-Hamilton will not be released.  Baylor alumni association gathers pitchforks.

What a terrible situation.  

• Upvote 3

On 6/1/2016 at 4:16 PM, RaiderEagle said:

I'd forgotten about that episode and that was only 13 years ago. Well, some folks never learn.

• Upvote 1

A get a feeling this may be the tip of the iceberg.  Once you have this type of situation, there are many who were afraid to come forward who now will.

For all our issues, thank God we have not had to deal with this type of scandal.  Baylor, because they are part of the Big 12 will overcome this but it will probably never get to the level it had under Briles.  Remember, some of us were around when the Dave Bliss fiasco occurred.   Had either of those situations occured at UNT we would probably have had to shut the program down.  I would sincerely hope that we learn from this Baylor tragedy and implement the proper system to protect us from this type of institutional blindness towards the victims of rape and abuse.

My sister graduated from Baylor and I know many good people who went there or sent their kids there.  They are SICK about all of this.  Every one of them wants the administration to release the full details of the report.

Baylor Alumni Association: Regents should release the full Pepper Hamilton report

We acknowledge that there are complex legal issues involved in making Pepper Hamilton’s factual findings public. Privacy laws and promises of anonymity made to victim witnesses must be honored. But Baylor has hired sophisticated and experienced lawyers. They are capable of issuing a report that conceals certain students’ and victims’ identities consistent with the law while laying bare the detailed factual findings and the bases of Pepper Hamilton’s recommendations.  The Baylor Board of Regents should immediately release whatever information can legally be shared.

• Upvote 3