Not Litrell's Fault But This Has To End.

i think mac couldn't figure out that he was recruiting for UNT instead of Florida.  The big schools have guys standing in line and are NFL size.  We have to be more open minded about recruits.  Fine would have never been at UNT if Mac was still here.  It is great to have the perfect size athlete for each position but you also need to look at a player's heart.  If you see a slightly undersized player but has great stats you need to take a second look at them.  

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

On this general idea of not getting local talent, there is an OLB at Allen right now that is a 3* with 7 FBS offers, including Washington State, and none of those FBS offers are UNT. His name is Jace Waters. Makes you wonder why the staff wouldn’t extend an offer.

Lol, I've sent him to the staff three different times with no reply.  Kid hasn't been in trouble, makes good grades and outworks everyone in offseason.  Idk that we would land hi,m, but we would be his only in state offer.  Alas we haven't extended an offer. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Lol, I've sent him to the staff three different times with no reply.  Kid hasn't been in trouble, makes good grades and outworks everyone in offseason.  Idk that we would land hi,m, but we would be his only in state offer.  Alas we haven't extended an offer. 

Same with Tyler Jackson, the LB from Desoto. No idea why we haven't even thought about offering him other than grades maybe,

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Becoming pretty clear that the way to keep this staff from contacting a kid is to contact the staff about a kid.

I imagine they think they know better...

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

39 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Becoming pretty clear that the way to keep this staff from contacting a kid is to contact the staff about a kid.

I imagine they think they know better...

Then certainly never tell them about this kid.  

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/marquise-conchola-180092

In on just about every defensive play during the state title game.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

"Big Game James" Williams from Aledo(Everman).........(Committed to Montana State)....started in his final high school game last night against College Station.  

It was his 64th straight start.  

Think about that....SIXTY FOURTH!

Rick

If it’s the kid I think it is, would love to add him.. kid was a shorter but D1 talent.. built like a fire hydrant

On 12/24/2017 at 5:11 PM, FirefightnRick said:

He's always reminded me of a Booger Kennedy starter kit.  

RIck

Ehhhhh I’d pump the breaks there, but he’s a 5’9 (maybe) Nose.  Now I’m cool with an offer to him but I don’t think this kid is more than an FCS kid. I’d take him bc he’s from Aledo and if he does make it now you’ve shown Aledo we take care of kids who can ball and maybe you get 1 a year from there. 

Edited by GMG24