Breaking at WKU: Harper out, three suspended

Brett Vito

9 hours ago, UNT90 said:

We really don't even deserve to be in CUSA. That's how backasswards UNT athletics is at the moment.

I'm surprised RV hasn't paid a sheep 400k to come to Apogee...

He did pay for Peterson to come and go from UNT, so that is pretty close.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On March 17, 2016 at 6:21 PM, Army of Dad said:

@dahbeed do you have any insight you can share?

Do you want the official version or my best Mel Gibson Conspiracy Theory take on it?

Official version is 3 players went before University Tribunal (?) not sure what its proper name is and were suspended.  Ray resigned shortly thereafter.  Thanking university.  President of university thanking him.  Blah blah blah.

All the rumor is there were 3 players that had consensual sex with a student.  This happened in November.  Everything was cool.  Until one of the dummies released a video.  She wasn't cool with that.  Or her dad wasn't cool with it.  Didn't break any laws.  Didn't break any NCAA regs.  But did lose out in University Tribunal.  I know that's not the proper term but that's what it is.  Google Yale Rape.  There was no rape involved here but the same type of system that took these 3 out was the same system they used at Yale.  They're using it all over the country pretty much on campuses.

I know a professor at another school.  Not Western.  He has been involved in these type committees.  He was involved in one where a regular student had consensual sex with a friend.  She regretted it and said she had been drinking.  He was asked if he knew she had been drinking.  He said yes but she was fine.  He was expelled.  No trial.  Her word.  His.  

He said if a male student witnesses a female having a drink at a party there is no such thing as consensual sex.  If these rules are in place everywhere some of you ugly folks ain't ever getting laid now.

Our fanbase was somewhat divided on Ray.  The biggest thing is Ray was not the President's pick.  Ross Bjork (now AD at Ole Miss) picked him.  Pres doesn't love him.  Pres. does in fact LOVE/MAN CRUSH Dennis Felton.  Wanted to bring Felton back.  Felton was early leader.  Everyone up here thought he was a shoe in.  Todd Stewart wanted to interview many and he was leaning towards Stansbury.  Our president has approximately one year left.  He's already said he's stepping down in 2017 after 20 great years up here.  I'm guessing Todd convinced him he would have to live with the hire.  Pretty sure this is all Todd Stewart.

I can live with Stansbury but am concerned about his 56% winning percentage in conference.  He has some shadiness attached to him.  Was accused of impropriety by USC and UCLA when he stole Reynardo Sidney out of San Diego.  How either of those 2 schools could ever accuse anyone of shady behaviour makes my tail hole tickle.

PS.  Word is Todd Stewart had already worked out an extension with Ray whose contract expired in June.  Then someone undercut him.  I honestly believe we were going to be a very good team next year.  This year was a rebuilding year with 10 newbies and we still took out MTSU and UAB in the last couple weeks of the season and finished above .500  We had a guy sitting out from Tennessee that in my opinion will be a stud.  Add him with Justin Johnson and we have hella front court for next couple years.  

Oh well.  I'm heading up to Diddle Arena Monday at 1:00 for introduction of our new coach.  I personally didn't believe we needed a new coach but I don't get asked.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, dahbeed said:

Do you want the official version or my best Mel Gibson Conspiracy Theory take on it?

Official version is 3 players went before University Tribunal (?) not sure what its proper name is and were suspended.  Ray resigned shortly thereafter.  Thanking university.  President of university thanking him.  Blah blah blah.

All the rumor is there were 3 players that had consensual sex with a student.  This happened in November.  Everything was cool.  Until one of the dummies released a video.  She wasn't cool with that.  Or her dad wasn't cool with it.  Didn't break any laws.  Didn't break any NCAA regs.  But did lose out in University Tribunal.  I know that's not the proper term but that's what it is.  Google Yale Rape.  There was no rape involved here but the same type of system that took these 3 out was the same system they used at Yale.  They're using it all over the country pretty much on campuses.

I know a professor at another school.  Not Western.  He has been involved in these type committees.  He was involved in one where a regular student had consensual sex with a friend.  She regretted it and said she had been drinking.  He was asked if he knew she had been drinking.  He said yes but she was fine.  He was expelled.  No trial.  Her word.  His.  

He said if a male student witnesses a female having a drink at a party there is no such thing as consensual sex.  If these rules are in place everywhere some of you ugly folks ain't ever getting laid now.

Our fanbase was somewhat divided on Ray.  The biggest thing is Ray was not the President's pick.  Ross Bjork (now AD at Ole Miss) picked him.  Pres doesn't love him.  Pres. does in fact LOVE/MAN CRUSH Dennis Felton.  Wanted to bring Felton back.  Felton was early leader.  Everyone up here thought he was a shoe in.  Todd Stewart wanted to interview many and he was leaning towards Stansbury.  Our president has approximately one year left.  He's already said he's stepping down in 2017 after 20 great years up here.  I'm guessing Todd convinced him he would have to live with the hire.  Pretty sure this is all Todd Stewart.

I can live with Stansbury but am concerned about his 56% winning percentage in conference.  He has some shadiness attached to him.  Was accused of impropriety by USC and UCLA when he stole Reynardo Sidney out of San Diego.  How either of those 2 schools could ever accuse anyone of shady behaviour makes my tail hole tickle.

PS.  Word is Todd Stewart had already worked out an extension with Ray whose contract expired in June.  Then someone undercut him.  I honestly believe we were going to be a very good team next year.  This year was a rebuilding year with 10 newbies and we still took out MTSU and UAB in the last couple weeks of the season and finished above .500  We had a guy sitting out from Tennessee that in my opinion will be a stud.  Add him with Justin Johnson and we have hella front court for next couple years.  

Oh well.  I'm heading up to Diddle Arena Monday at 1:00 for introduction of our new coach.  I personally didn't believe we needed a new coach but I don't get asked.

You don't need one and get one.

UNT doesn't have one and have to keep his non-coach ass because a terrible AD and president that clearly doesn't care about athletics can't be bothered. 

Shocking y'all are consistently so much better than than UNT at... Everything... Eh?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6