UTSA fires Brooks Thompson

NTAlum09

1 hour ago, Army of Dad said:

Well, we will actually pay the buyouts. UTSA apparently doesn't feel like they have to do that...

When we probably didn't have to, if you believe the rumors of Mac's behavior.

Maybe our athletic director just isn't as smart as theirs. Ever consider that?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

4 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

In short, no. Track records are easy to look up, but Billy keeps it cleverly posted on here once every few weeks to remind the masses. We suck. The person in charge of our suck somehow isn't going anywhere. Therefore, 0 accountability. Nada. Amazing. 

You can't say you weren't warned, Ben...I'm at 26 years of following the programs and their has only been one theme that has ever been present to make personnel decision--cost.

You mentioned that if we cannot afford to buyout $325k for Benford, we should go down to NAIA. Trust me, there are people at this place that would be completely fine with that, if it was feasible. Fortunately, those voices have really diminished over the last 20 years. But make no mistake, in leadership, faculty, and around Denton, there are still plenty of people who absolutely loathe UNT athletics and wish we would get rid of it to be like some kind of UT-D campus, focused solely on education and academics, but in the areas that we are known for.

Culturally, nothing changes here until the leadership decides to do that. And those in leadership fear losing their positions for bucking the historic UNT status quo that strongly exists in the UNT Family.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

You can't say you weren't warned, Ben...I'm at 26 years of following the programs and their has only been one theme that has ever been present to make personnel decision--cost.

You mentioned that if we cannot afford to buyout $325k for Benford, we should go down to NAIA. Trust me, there are people at this place that would be completely fine with that, if it was feasible. Fortunately, those voices have really diminished over the last 20 years. But make no mistake, in leadership, faculty, and around Denton, there are still plenty of people who absolutely loathe UNT athletics and wish we would get rid of it to be like some kind of UT-D campus, focused solely on education and academics, but in the areas that we are known for.

Culturally, nothing changes here until the leadership decides to do that. And those in leadership fear losing their positions for bucking the historic UNT status quo that strongly exists in the UNT Family.

To hell with the "UNT Family." If being sub mediocre is what they are about then they can kick rocks. If students don't like it, transfer. If faculty doesn't like it, find another job. The culture in the art/music world, and I say this to not insult anyone, is to be absolutely minimal at most things aside from what they believe they are experts in whether that is art or music. Competitiveness is not wired into them unless it's an art show or music recital. If they're post college, they do not care about the work they do in business operational hours that affords them a living. They do that so they can write their next major hit in their $3,000 soundproofed guest bedroom in their rent house. We don't need a culture change, we need a culture shock. Strive to be the absolute best in everything that it is you do as an institution or as an individual. Otherwise, what's the point? 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

10 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

To hell with the "UNT Family." If being sub mediocre is what they are about then they can kick rocks. If students don't like it, transfer. If faculty doesn't like it, find another job. The culture in the art/music world, and I say this to not insult anyone, is to be absolutely minimal at most things aside from what they believe they are experts in whether that is art or music. Competitiveness is not wired into them unless it's an art show or music recital. If they're post college, they do not care about the work they do in business operational hours that affords them a living. They do that so they can write their next major hit in their $3,000 soundproofed guest bedroom in their rent house. We don't need a culture change, we need a culture shock. Strive to be the absolute best in everything that it is you do as an institution or as an individual. Otherwise, what's the point? 

ignoring all of the incredibly ignorant content, this is an awful sentence...both structurally and grammatically.

you can do better. 

strive to be the absolute best in everything. otherwise, what's the point? 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

9 hours ago, UNT90 said:

When we probably didn't have to, if you believe the rumors of Mac's behavior.

Maybe our athletic director just isn't as smart as theirs. Ever consider that?

I keep hearing this and yet have no clue what its about...what was mac doing? feel free to PM me if you dont want to put it out on the board.... 

5 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

ignoring all of the incredibly ignorant content, this is an awful sentence...both structurally and grammatically.

you can do better. 

strive to be the absolute best in everything. otherwise, what's the point? 

Sure I can. But I'm not on a CFB message board to spell check and edit. I'm here to have push an opinion that might help push change. But we are UNT afterall. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

13 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Sure I can. But I'm not on a CFB message board to spell check and edit. I'm here to have push an opinion that might help push change. But we are UNT afterall. 

You're not going to have push any opinions for change until you have push said opinions onto a banner in the sky's.  I thought people realized this already, but this UNT afterall  

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1