MGB: Canales back coaching at the FBS level

Brett Vito

Have to disagree about Logan..... that place sucks.

Much like other areas of Utah it has scenic appeal for sure but that is where my kudos comes to an end.  I took this pic this last year right before we went out for dinner and drinks. I guess the problem was that we had dinner at one spot and drinks at another.  Guess what? We had to order food in order to be served a drink and it wasn't the establishment's law it was the backyard ass state of Utah.

Having asked the bartender at one of the largest "bars" in Logan why they close at 10pm on a Saturday night he said it was "just because" and that people in that town drink at each other's houses (out of fear of being targeted by religious bigots no doubt).  That town is the anti-college town and I feel bad for anyone that get's stuck there.  I know Chico never cared to socialize at watering holes in Denton but I just can't imagine going to a public university that large in a state that basically smothers your ability to go out on the weekend and let loose. 

Utah is like some alternate universe where a minority can be spotted every few days and the entire state is run by a religious organization. 

Utah St.jpg

22 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Much like other areas of Utah it has scenic appeal for sure but that is where my kudos comes to an end.  I took this pic this last year right before we went out for dinner and drinks. I guess the problem was that we had dinner at one spot and drinks at another.  Guess what? We had to order food in order to be served a drink and it wasn't the establishment's law it was the backyard ass state of Utah.

Having asked the bartender at one of the largest "bars" in Logan why they close at 10pm on a Saturday night he said it was "just because" and that people in that town drink at each other's houses (out of fear of being targeted by religious bigots no doubt).  That town is the anti-college town and I feel bad for anyone that get's stuck there.  I know Chico never cared to socialize at watering holes in Denton but I just can't imagine going to a public university that large in a state that basically smothers your ability to go out on the weekend and let loose. 

Utah is like some alternate universe where a minority can be spotted every few days and the entire state is run by a religious organization. 

Utah St.jpg

Good to hear state's rights still exist.  It's why we visit such places we may not agree with instead of live there.

Rick

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

On February 25, 2016 at 0:53 PM, All About UNT said:

Utah St.jpg

Chico went to college at Utah St.  and played quarterback.  So he knows a little bit about it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Green Dozer said:

Chico went to college at Utah St.  and played quarterback.  So he knows a little bit about it.

Oh and I know that. I was referring to the comment that it was a great place. They play (currently) better football than us but that is where it ends as far as my endorsement of both the town and a place to be enrolled in "college"

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I think Canales is the reason RV only scheduled 5 home games last year.

He's gone. Let's blame him.

Canales was everything and everywhere.  Offensive coordinator and AD in fact, then co interim head coach, then interim head coach and AD in waiting, although some said he was co-interim and interim simultaneously, but only until the true AD corrected it in the next few minutes or days.  Still, who can really remember all the details of how it went down in those heady early days of his second interregmun.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1