MGB: Littrell completes coaching staff

Brett Vito

6 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

surprised tech hired him we were not stellar on the DL.

That's probably because the juniors and seniors he was working with (from 2011 and 2012) were a bunch of linemen who either had one other FBS offer or no other FBS offers, then we signed just one in 2013, and had zero d-line commits when he took the job with about a month left before signing day 2014.

He was not dealt a good hand, but he recruited well for the next d-line coach.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

That's probably because the juniors and seniors he was working with (from 2011 and 2012) were a bunch of linemen who either had one other FBS offer or no other FBS offers, then we signed just one in 2013, and had zero d-line commits when he took the job with about a month left before signing day 2014.

He was not dealt a good hand, but he recruited well for the next d-line coach.

So who on the d line can we consider as his guys?

26 minutes ago, Aldo said:

So who on the d line can we consider as his guys?

Tauaalo, Rod Young, Howard, Combs, Wheeler. Tillman Johnson committed and signed with KP, so you can maybe give him credit because there had to be some contact there, but Johnson's lead recruiter was Chico.

He also seemed to be very involved with Bryce English.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Tauaalo, Rod Young, Howard, Combs, Wheeler. Tillman Johnson committed and signed with KP, so you can maybe give him credit because there had to be some contact there, but Johnson's lead recruiter was Chico.

He also seemed to be very involved with Bryce English.

I know he was mentioned on the linebacker out of Florida! Good luck coach!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, southsideguy said:

surprised tech hired him we were not stellar on the DL.

Seems after Chico left he was our point man for recruiting. He got English here. We will be running a very similar offense to Tech, I wonder if old Klifford wanted to peek at who Harrell and Littrell were looking at since we turned down Kincade.

Edited by Cr1028
peak not equal to peek
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

No evidence of that at all.

While I wouldn't call it proof, I wouldn't say there's no evidence, either.  Obviously, Devante had plans to do something huge with Bryce English on Jan. 5th.  We know what Bryce English did on Jan. 5th--he committed to UNT.  But something discouraging happened to Devante before Jan. 5th, so he had to find other plans instead of committing to UNT with Bryce.

So again, while it's not proof as such, the evidence does point in a clear direction.  That said, it's all academic.  Devante is going somewhere that looks to be a good fit for him, and we look to have other good opportunities at the QB position.  Hopefully, everybody wins.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

While I wouldn't call it proof, I wouldn't say there's no evidence, either.  Obviously, Devante had plans to do something huge with Bryce English on Jan. 5th.  We know what Bryce English did on Jan. 5th--he committed to UNT.  But something discouraging happened to Devante before Jan. 5th, so he had to find other plans instead of committing to UNT with Bryce.

So again, while it's not proof as such, the evidence does point in a clear direction.  That said, it's all academic.  Devante is going somewhere that looks to be a good fit for him, and we look to have other good opportunities at the QB position.  Hopefully, everybody wins.

According to the Vito article on 1/5, he said he was talking about it with his family, but UNT was still "his top choice".  I don't know that he would say that if there were no offer. 

He probably wanted to come here, but it sounds like someone gave him good advice to bypass the UNT offer to sit for 1 year, then only have 1yr to play, and instead, go play 2 yrs at Grambling.

I guess we'll never know.   Agree, I hope we do well and I hope he does well too!

• Upvote 1