Could UNT get the combo of English and Kincade?

TheReal_jayD

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Surely he will go to SMU -- with the former coach being there.  This one seems sort of anticlimactic to me.

I don't think it's been mentioned. But English current coach is Snyder who was also New DC Mike Ekeler head coach during college. Maybe we had an inside track... Some one said on hear that Ekeler was one of Snyders favorites 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Surely he will go to SMU -- with the former coach being there.  This one seems sort of anticlimactic to me.

1 hour ago, Eagle-96 said:

That's my best guess also. Closer to home for both of them. SMU is bad and will afford the same early playing time opportunities that UNT will.

1 hour ago, NTAlum09 said:

I hope so too but there old high school coach Claude Mathis is an assistant at SMU.

1 hour ago, Eagle-96 said:

Bryce English a former 3-Star DT out of Desoto. He is transferring to be closer to his dad that was diagnosed with cancer. He could be granted a hardship waiver and be eligible in 2016. Offers from Kansas State, Arizona State, Arkansas, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Texas, UCLA, Wisconsin, TCU. He is a bowling ball at 5-11 330lbs:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Bryce-English-142443

Don't forget Nick Orr is at TCU. They could be considering Fort Worth as well.

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Don't forget Nick Orr is at TCU. They could be considering Fort Worth as well.

The only caveat to that is if it's a combo deal then TCU has Kenny Hill in 2016 and 2017. That might sway Kincade away from TCU. Again, if its between UNT, SMU, and TCU then it comes down to playing time vs a chance at winning a national title.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

The only caveat to that is if it's a combo deal then TCU has Kenny Hill in 2016 and 2017. That might sway Kincade away from TCU. Again, if its between UNT, SMU, and TCU then it comes down to playing time vs a chance at winning a national title.

Smu has davis one more year then Ben Hicks should be ready for SMU. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

I agree but TCU doesn't make a ton of sense. If he was going to transfer and sit out a year why go to a place you probably wont play at (TCU). Might as well stay at ole miss and see if there's an injury. Thinking its a 2 horse race between us and smWho and both twitter accounts I've seen more unt things retweeted. I think Littrell is about to land this combo!

Edited by p_phelps

2 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I agree but TCU doesn't make a ton of sense. If he was going to transfer and sit out a year why go to a place you probably wont play at (TCU). Might as well stay at ole miss and see if there's a injury. Thinking its a 2 horse race between us and smWho and both twitter accounts I've seen more unt things retweeted. I think Littrell is about to land this combo!

I believe Kincade also stated that he wanted to be closer to home to take care of his mom but didn't specify further than that. So Ole Miss would seem to be out in that scenario.

55 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80492

Someone on their forum is thinking they are taking their talents to Denton. Let's cross our fingers!

Interacting with them on there, they don't seem to think the hardship waiver exists anymore because it was being abused. Can anyone confirm? 

ETA: Looks like they are right, just found this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ncaa-drops-immediate-eligibility-hardship-waiver-for-transfers-191437627.html

So English would have to sit a year as well I'm guessing. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes

6 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Interacting with them on there, they don't seem to think the hardship waiver exists anymore because it was being abused. Can anyone confirm? 

ETA: Looks like they are right, just found this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ncaa-drops-immediate-eligibility-hardship-waiver-for-transfers-191437627.html

So English would have to sit a year as well I'm guessing. 

The universities are saying, take that year, deal with whatever your family situation is. We know that when you transfer your probability of graduating goes down, so make sure you get your academics back up. But we don’t want to punish you so we’re going to extend another year of eligibility. We want to give you another year of scholarship, add another year to your scholarship total so that you end up being held harmless basically if you have to make that change.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2401548-ncaa-wont-accept-hardship-waivers-for-transfers-seeking-immediate-eligibility

1 minute ago, NTAlum09 said:

The universities are saying, take that year, deal with whatever your family situation is. We know that when you transfer your probability of graduating goes down, so make sure you get your academics back up. But we don’t want to punish you so we’re going to extend another year of eligibility. We want to give you another year of scholarship, add another year to your scholarship total so that you end up being held harmless basically if you have to make that change.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2401548-ncaa-wont-accept-hardship-waivers-for-transfers-seeking-immediate-eligibility

So it doesn't burn a year of eligibility but they won't be able to be immediately eligible anymore if I'm reading correctly? So he'd be eligible in 2017 and still have 3 years of eligibility after that. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes

1 minute ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

So it doesn't burn a year of eligibility but they won't be able to be immediately eligible anymore if I'm reading correctly? So he'd be eligible in 2017 and still have 3 years of eligibility after that. 

That is what I'm reading as well. It looks like this was implemented this year, after the abuse of these waivers the previous couple years before.

8 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

So Kincade has 2 years left then after 2017?