If you had 5 days

Wag Tag

I imagine he has a shortlist of Texas HS guys he was looking at already. So if it were me, I'd do that. I'd hone in on the top-10 guys he thought could play at UNC, but were hesitant to commit. 

He probably hits them in person but on the way stops by the important HS on the way. He likely can't hit *every* HS with his time constraints, but likely hits on the ones he already has relationships with from whatever he has at UNC. That's what I'd do. Definitely swing by Guyer, Ryan, Argyle, a handful of DFW-area schools with good programs on the first day then head out to wherever the next closest guy on the aforementioned list. 

I would spend alot of time South of I-30 in Dallas County.  Skyline, SGP, Cedar Hill, Desoto, Lancaster

• Upvote 3

1.  Three Denton High Schools, Lake Dallas, Argyle, Celina, Keller schools

2. Southlake, Grapevine/Colleyville, Fort Worth/Aledo and Mansfield schools

3.  Dallas Schools like Desoto, Skyline, SOC, east to Mesquite, Allen, Plano, McKinney

4.  East Texas

5. Central Texas/Houston

Edited by UNTLifer

I coach in Killeen ISD with

Killeen

Ellison

Shoemaker

Harker Heights

Hewitt Midway

Belton

Copperas Cove

OOOOOUUUFFF lol Man, Killeen really hurt themselves when they split all those schools still a ton of talent but not what it used to be.  That sounds like a really competitive district.  If you ever need Football Basketball with PE cert holler at me.  lol

Go try and convince THIS KID that not only might he lose his recruiter and O coordinator next year but that he could possibly be waiting three years behind THIS KID before getting to start......vs...starting right away next year for us.

Hey I can dream can't I?

Rick

And that's if this kid doesn't come in and impress...

http://sports.yahoo.com/lsu/football/recruiting/player-Shawn-Robinson-155207

If I had 5 days, and I was moving to Denton from Washington state, I would combine business with pleasure and make a local scouting trip of talent to bring with me.

This prospect adds a dimension we didn't see last year...

200.gif

and his twin brother might be helpful too.

200.gif

Hey...talent is where you find it, it doesn't have to be homegrown.  Four years from now, we could be watching THIS on TV.

200.gif

In one of Tony Dungees books he talks about his thoughts on drafting to the NFL. He said they didn't worry too much about the combine. Their main thoughts were how did the athlete perform in college. If they were studs in college that transferred into the pros. I think a lot of kids get over looked because of size. 

On the other hand. NT can make them a lot stronger but speed is VERY difficult to develop. 

• Upvote 1

We talk about that all the time how good we would be with 2 schools here.  Where do you coach currently?  Im actually at Heights HS, and coach the safeties.

Griffin MS in The Colony, been coaching since 09 graduated in '13 while I was in school worked at a private school for 3 years did MS and HS football bball and track.  Then during student teaching they wouldn't let me stay on said it was too much, so I did just bball at another school (found out too late to do football) and I was head JV bball coach and #1 Varsity assistant.  The following year I started at Griffin been there since July 13. 

12 Brand new teacher duplexes. Sign on bonus, retention bonus, matching annuity, well above base it goes on and on. 

As as for how far west......... Where the land is flat and the oil wells look like trees. Crane America!

sounds good to me. You guys ever need a track coach and defensive guy holla! I know y'all have some pretty good track out west as well. We got some legit speed where I'm at now that makes me look good ha

• Upvote 1

Don't think anyone is looking at this kid.  He's from a small school, but a dominant one.  But check out his season stats.

Total Passing Yards 7315

Passing TDs 95

Passing Yards/Game 252.2

Pass Completions 525

Pass Attempts 718

Interceptions 9

Rick

On Fox SW now.  Canadian up 31-7 start of the 3rd.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick