Proof of how bad things were in the locker room...

Ryan Munthe

So bad we don't even have locks in there?

Sounds like we need COPS in there.

What kind of shit is this? Could an outsider gain access or do we have scum like that in the family?

Mac's complete dereliction of his duties has permanently ruined his image to me. I mean say what you want about recruits, 2013 was fun. It's just so obvious now that Mac just absolutely abandoned this team LAST year. Truly unforgivable. I feel scammed.

FIXED.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the insight SSP. We need an attitude change in that locker room. If the players aren't on board then there is the door, good luck in FCS. I am tired of seeing guys on the sideline goofing off and having a grand old time when we are getting plowed on the field. It is EMBARRASSING. There is nothing funny about getting your ass whipped. Don't get me wrong, there are some players who give a crap and have some pride in their play. We just need more of them.

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the insight SSP. We need an attitude change in that locker room. If you aren't on board then there is the door, good luck in FCS. I am tired of seeing guys on the sideline goofing off and having a grand old time when we are getting plowed on the field. It is EMBARRASSING. There is nothing funny about getting your ass whipped. Don't get me wrong, there are some players who give a crap and have some pride in their play. We just need more of them.

My dad told me Jimmy Johnson used to kick players off the team if they acted too happy or joked around after a loss. His philosophy was that players should never be comfortable with losing. I think the new coach needs to implement this policy. 

• Upvote 1

I didn't really know it got that bad last year, but not surprised.

Read Pony fans thread before our game if you want the truth. It isn't allowed to be spoken here. His contract should have been voided, not paid off.

Typical Rick Villarreal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the insight SSP. We need an attitude change in that locker room. If the players aren't on board then there is the door, good luck in FCS. I am tired of seeing guys on the sideline goofing off and having a grand old time when we are getting plowed on the field. It is EMBARRASSING. There is nothing funny about getting your ass whipped. Don't get me wrong, there are some players who give a crap and have some pride in their play. We just need more of them.

The next coach will run off a large portion of this roster. Once you have proven that you will quit and that poor character is allowed to run amok on the sidelines and in the locker room, the new sheriff in town has very little choice but to run off anyone who won't conform to his ways.

Don't feel sorry for anyone who leaves here, whether its to transfer or quit football altogether. It needs to happen. Although I think we are closer to bottoming out as a program, if it hasn't happened already, getting rid of some of the quitters on this roster will get this needed process to happen before things can get improved. This year, at Kansas, David Beaty inherited one of the worst P5 teams of all-time, leading to an 0-12 season. But that bottoming out and roster updating is necessary for the program to move forward. Maybe he won't get things turned around up there, but this season had to happen for them. Similar to SMU having to go 2-10 under Morris. You just have to have a retrenching year where the record doesn't matter, but getting experience and getting stronger and faster will pay off in the years to come. Years ago, South Carolina hired Lou Holtz and his first team went 0-12. But the next year, he went 9-4 and beat Ohio State in a NYD bowl game. So don't fret if we only win 2 or less games next year. It will be all about having a complete retrenching. Without a QB or a defense of any talent or size right now, that's what you have to try and find pieces for to get in better shape for 2017 and beyond.

• Upvote 4

The next coach will run off a large portion of this roster. Once you have proven that you will quit and that poor character is allowed to run amok on the sidelines and in the locker room, the new sheriff in town has very little choice but to run off anyone who won't conform to his ways.

Don't feel sorry for anyone who leaves here, whether its to transfer or quit football altogether. It needs to happen. Although I think we are closer to bottoming out as a program, if it hasn't happened already, getting rid of some of the quitters on this roster will get this needed process to happen before things can get improved. This year, at Kansas, David Beaty inherited one of the worst P5 teams of all-time, leading to an 0-12 season. But that bottoming out and roster updating is necessary for the program to move forward. Maybe he won't get things turned around up there, but this season had to happen for them. Similar to SMU having to go 2-10 under Morris. You just have to have a retrenching year where the record doesn't matter, but getting experience and getting stronger and faster will pay off in the years to come. Years ago, South Carolina hired Lou Holtz and his first team went 0-12. But the next year, he went 9-4 and beat Ohio State in a NYD bowl game. So don't fret if we only win 2 or less games next year. It will be all about having a complete retrenching. Without a QB or a defense of any talent or size right now, that's what you have to try and find pieces for to get in better shape for 2017 and beyond.

It pains me to make the comparison, but TCU went through the same process entering the Big 12. 

But don't you dare be brash on Twitter or on the field, or you're a piece of trash.  
Give me the goof-offs & quitters over guys like that.

Right guys??

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But don't you dare be brash on Twitter or on the field, or you're a piece of trash.  Give me the goof-offs & quitters over guys like that.

Right guys??

Oh, does your pendulum have a stop in the middle? I've only seen them where it's possible to swing very far in both directions...

Edited by Army of Dad
swig, swing, what's a 'n' between friends?
  • Upvote 1

But don't you dare be brash on Twitter or on the field, or you're a piece of trash.  Give me the goof-offs & quitters over guys like that.

Right guys??

Ask that question again when the Mean Green players have done something to be brash about. Nobody likes the showboat whose team is losing by 30 points.