Idaho (11/23/15)

CMJ

The refs weren't just atrocious guys. They called the game the way most rules read. 90% of the screens that were set tonight illegal, there was hands and body all over dribbler and post player that's a foul you can't do it. Don't like the whistles? Then quit doing it. Deandre needs to get his head out of hind parts. The refs had JUST told him and the other guy who was jawing to knock it off then 2 seconds later there goes deandre with a double T. I didn't enjoy the game bc of all the foul calls, however most were correct.  Which arc is the charge arch for college? We have two anyone know why? If the circle is the wooden colored on then Reese charged, if not and its the white one it should be a block and that was a bad call.  Only call I had a big problem with was the illegal screen on Brice, he just melted the dude and set a good screen like big guys are supposed to. Nothing dirty or illegal. Anyway not sure if I'll be able to make it or not. Blaming this on the refs is not possible.  They called it even on both sides, we missed free throws, they didn't until the end.  

• Upvote 1

Please tell me the coward who keeps giving out negative ones is playing in the basketball game. Please make yourself know and sign up for the game. I love to see what cowards can really do when they cannot hide behind the computer screen. Makes me want to dunk it right over them... If I were 6 years younger :)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 28

The refs weren't just atrocious guys. They called the game the way most rules read. 90% of the screens that were set tonight illegal, there was hands and body all over dribbler and post player that's a foul you can't do it. Don't like the whistles? Then quit doing it. Deandre needs to get his head out of hind parts. The refs had JUST told him and the other guy who was jawing to knock it off then 2 seconds later there goes deandre with a double T. I didn't enjoy the game bc of all the foul calls, however most were correct.  Which arc is the charge arch for college? We have two anyone know why? If the circle is the wooden colored on then Reese charged, if not and its the white one it should be a block and that was a bad call.  Only call I had a big problem with was the illegal screen on Brice, he just melted the dude and set a good screen like big guys are supposed to. Nothing dirty or illegal. Anyway not sure if I'll be able to make it or not. Blaming this on the refs is not possible.  They called it even on both sides, we missed free throws, they didn't until the end.  

Shooting 60% from the charity stripe is not going to help us in close games like this.  The team is actually 58.3%, which just makes me want to scream.  I love Jeremy Combs but he needs to improve his FT shooting as he's sitting at 38.1% for the season right now.

• Upvote 3

Shooting 60% from the charity stripe is not going to help us in close games like this.  The team is actually 58.3%, which just makes me want to scream.  I love Jeremy Combs but he needs to improve his FT shooting as he's sitting at 38.1% for the season right now.

Pittman has probably missed half the teams missed free throws.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Don't forget UTA who beat Ohio St & Memphis 

Seeing them and SFA doing well in basketball makes it 10X worse. Even with JJ we could never win a Tourney game like SFA did. People say those schools would love to have football... Maybe they would, but highly doubt they'd want a 1-10 Football team and losing basketball. Schools like us need basketball. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seems all I've heard about is the greatness of Ja'Michael Brown. First time I've seen him in action and he looked horrific against an unathletic backcourt. Scoreless in a ton of minutes, at least 3 unforced turnovers, gambling with lazy defense swiping from behind.

J-Mychal Reese with the 1/9 assists/turnovers ratio. So much for the killer PG tandem. 

Combs looked good and played his ass off. Brice is a real asset on the defensive end.

Bottom line we blew a game against a far less athletic/talented team. Same old story.

Reese had bad assist/turnover ratio at A&M, and was played at the two mostly there. I don't see him putting up great assist numbers.

• Upvote 2

Brice kept this from being a 20+ point stomping with his defensive presence.  All he does is force the other team to take bad shots and Idaho's shooting % was proof of that.  I'm fine with him scoring 2-4 points a night if he averages 4 blocks and a dozen or more rebounds per game.  The awkward shots he forces are as good as made baskets for us.

I expected a lot more from Fuller, and the coaching staff apparently did to after they decided to bench him almost the entire 2nd half after giving him another start.  Maybe in a couple more years he can turn into a Roger Franklin type and be a high volume rebounder, baseline scorer, and emotional leader.  I'll be very confused if Benford decides to start him again tomorrow.

Not sure what to think about Holston's lack of stats, very intrigued by Deckie.  Ward and Pittman have no business being on the floor unless we are either winning or losing by 25 points with 2 minutes remaining in the 2nd half.

I missed the 1st game vs Jarvis, so maybe i missed a few circus show dribbles against an inferior opponent.  Just not sure why I'm not seeing the skill-potential I keep reading about Brown.  I hope he can someday produce some awesome stats, but he's not even close to being a difference maker like CJ was during his freshman season.  All I saw tonight was a couple playground dribbles followed by missed jumpers and a crucial last minute turnover that was simply dribbled out of bounds... not that any of Reese's turnovers during the game weren't just a crucial, this just seemed like the worst possible timing.

I bet even Ray Natili was scratching his head when he saw how many fouls were called in the Super Pit tonight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It was facetious. He was 1-8 one night and that in itself is awful, especially considering the amount of time he is actually on the court.

Combs accounts for a huge chunk of the team's missed Free Throws. He's 8 for 21. He leads the team in attempts which means he's getting fouled a lot. To help the team in games like this, even making half his shots could put the team over the edge and win some close games, like in tonight's case.

Seeing them and SFA doing well in basketball makes it 10X worse. Even with JJ we could never win a Tourney game like SFA did. People say those schools would love to have football... Maybe they would, but highly doubt they'd want a 1-10 Football team and losing basketball. Schools like us need basketball. 

SFA has a football team...

• Upvote 1

This schedule looks much more formidable than it did preseason. N. Iowa looks like a sure loss, as does UTA. And those games won't be close. S. Illinois is 4-0 and beat Sam Houston on the road. 

Hard to find more than 13 wins on the schedule right now.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Combs accounts for a huge chunk of the team's missed Free Throws. He's 8 for 21. He leads the team in attempts which means he's getting fouled a lot. To help the team in games like this, even making half his shots could put the team over the edge and win some close games, like in tonight's case.

He really, really needs to work on that. I hope he realizes it. It is more a mental thing than a physical thing. I would have him shooting free-throws all day long.

2. I like the brown kid at PG and Reese at 2 guard (or rotate them at PG) we need more scorers in 

I adimittedly get pretty lax with capitalization, too...but damn man...I think here maybe an edit would be appropriate

Please tell me the coward who keeps giving out negative ones is playing in the basketball game. Please make yourself know and sign up for the game. I love to see what cowards can really do when they cannot hide behind the computer screen. Makes me want to dunk it right over them... If I were 6 years younger :)

I gave you all 17 negative votes for this post...and in a game to 10 I'd drop 20 on your ass. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

This schedule looks much more formidable than it did preseason. N. Iowa looks like a sure loss, as does UTA. And those games won't be close. S. Illinois is 4-0 and beat Sam Houston on the road. 

Hard to find more than 13 wins on the schedule right now.

You haven't even seen the team play and you're talking about 13 wins. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I hate to see a domestic played out in public like this. 

We all knew he could create the monster, but no one ever expected him to control him. Between this and the Kramdrew ugliness, it's been a tough couple of weeks for message board family trees.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 4

You haven't even seen the team play and you're talking about 13 wins. Gtfo. 

Lol.

Just because I haven't "seen them play" doesn't mean I don't know the talent, specifically the lack of talent at the 4 and 5. 

Have you been through the schedule, son? 

And weren't you the same person that said we would beat every team we played in the Mean Green Classic?

Assist to TO ratio from our point guards has been really bad, especially for the level of competition we have played so far. The only inside offensive threat is Combs, and he is undersized for our conference (although a player I definitely am happy UNT has). 

While there are some pieces, this is far from a complete team. 

I'm thinking about coming up for the N Iowa game. I doubt anything that happens when I see this team live will change my opinion. 

Oh, and just about all of the talent evaluators kinda agree with me. Just check and see where we are predicted to finish in CUSA if you don't believe me.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Lol.

Just because I haven't "seen them play" doesn't mean I don't know the talent, specifically the lack of talent at the 4 and 5. 

Have you been through the schedule, son? 

And weren't you the same person that said we would beat every team we played in the Mean Green Classic?

Assist to TO ratio from our point guards has been really bad, especially for the level of competition we have played so far. The only inside offensive threat is Combs, and he is undersized for our conference (although a player I definitely am happy UNT has). 

While there are some pieces, this is far from a complete team. 

I'm thinking about coming up for the N Iowa game. I doubt anything that happens when I see this team live will change my opinion. 

Oh, and just about all of the talent evaluators kinda agree with me. Just check and see where we are predicted to finish in CUSA if you don't believe me.

that'll be a long drive...

• Upvote 2