17-0 at half - proud of the defense

Harry

This game was there for the taking.  I think the slick surface was a bit of an equalizer.  It's a shame we couldn't put any points on the board.   Dropped balls for first downs, not sticking their nose up into the pressure for others and trying to run around tackles instead, not staying with blocks.  Some guys came to play, others didn't. 

Opportunity missed.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Today, if the D had been able to do open tackling on top of the rest, they would have almost looked downright impressive and not anything like the D from the first 6 games. The O hard to believe but.... regression. With even one touchdown, this game would have actually felt somewhat on the line for Tennessee

Still though. You'd a told me we lose by 24 before the game, I'd a taken it in a hard beat.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

Carlos Harris catches the ball in the third quarter, on third down, he may have scored. It was 17-0 at that point. Got to make that play on the road. Not downing our guys, just think about what could have been. I am proud of the way they played. I am a Chico fan now!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Carlos Harris catches the ball in the third quarter, on third down, he may have scored. It was 17-0 at that point. Got to make that play on the road. Not downing our guys, just think about what could have been. I am proud of the way they played. I am a Chico fan now!

You got to be kidding, Tennessee just about laid down. 

You got to be kidding, Tennessee just about laid down. 

I am not kidding. Defense looked good. You don't go for it on 4th down numerous times if you are laying down.

I don't think they were as up for this game as they were at Alabama, but they didn't lay down.

• Upvote 3

I am not kidding. Defense looked good. You don't go for it on 4th down numerous times if you are laying down.

I don't think they were as up for this game as they were at Alabama, but they didn't lay down.

Yeah I saw something much different sorry, I saw a Tennessee that was not playing hard and looked like they were playing in an exhibition game. None of their players on the offense looked charged up or even frustrated. Nothing just like they were on cruse control and we did not mean anything to them. I can't get excited when playing against a team that has checked out and we lost 24 - 0. 

So did our defense look good against that yes, but what were we playing?

It was such an uninspired game it was sad to watch in many ways. Yet we made them Bowl Eligible. It was a bad game. . 

Edited by KingDL1

Yeah I saw something much different sorry, I saw a Tennessee that was not playing hard and looked like they were playing in an exhibition game. None of their players on the offense looked charged up or even frustrated. Nothing just like they were on cruse control and we did not mean anything to them. I can't get excited when playing against a team that has checked out and we lost 24 - 0. 

So did our defense look good against that yes, but what were we playing?

It was such an uninspired game it was sad to watch in many ways. Yet we made them Bowl Eligible. It was a bad game. . 

Come on, now. It's just a 2 point worse loss than UT back in the Booger days, and some celebrate that game like it was a conference clinching victory. 

That fake punt attempt will be folklore in about 3 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

We had a drive going in the second quarter and completed a third down pass. Harris had maybe 3 yards to run for the first down, and no one in his way, and for some inexplicable reason, decides to dance. End of drive, we punt. If we could have scored that drive, the game may have changed. I don't think we win, but it would have been a nice shot in the arm.

• Upvote 1