Trevor Thompson status?

Andrew

isnt this the freshman kid? wasnt he always on the team? I think there was a JC kid that isnt gonna make it in this year. 

He is a walk on who disappeared from the roster online and was not playing in the basketball madness exhibition. He was however sitting a row over from me at the event. Billysee commented that he is no longer on the team, but it's odd he was just in a practice photo and a recent photo shows he had a locker in the locker room. Just curious what the real situation is. 

• Upvote 1

I have noticed on Facebook per players posts that he was in the most recent team photo and he has a name plate and locker in the locker room. Maybe Vito can help, but is he on the team? We desperately need some post help. 

If the ability of the entire team to do well this season comes down to a walkon, we're in trouble.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Practice maybe, but it is VERY unlikely that he sees any playing time this year. He wont be a contributor. 

If Brice goes down he is going to get some solid minutes. Like last year we are one post injury from disaster. His height is needed. Maybe he never touches the floor, but we need him to be ready.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Based upon what I was told he would not be receiving minutes and it's very likely he won't travel with the team. 

So Gross could travel last year as a freshmen in a stacked position and get minutes on the road, but in a position we lack depth at a player who could have been on scholarship won't even travel with the team? Who exactly are you talking to? I am not saying it's not possible, but that does not add up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So Gross could travel last year as a freshmen in a stacked position and get minutes on the road, but in a position we lack depth at a player who could have been on scholarship won't even travel with the team? Who exactly are you talking to? I am not saying it's not possible, but that does not add up. 

You need to PM @Mean_Green09 to find out what happened with Thompson.

You need to PM @Mean_Green09 to find out what happened with Thompson.

why? I believe that when he found out Thomas was not going be qualify he wanted the scholarship and was denied. He was upset but has worked his way back into good grace. Can he not say any reasons on the boards?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

why? I believe that when he found out Thomas was not going be qualify he wanted the scholarship and was denied. He was upset but has worked his way back into good grace. Can he not say any reasons on the boards?

Maybe he didn't want to publicly throw a player under the bus?

• Downvote 1

Maybe he didn't want to publicly throw a player under the bus?

I don't think it would be throwing him under the bus. A lot of players would do the same and usually be turned down and be frustrated. It's not the first time it has happened and it won't be the last. Just happy to have him on board. Hoping he has the opportunity to contribute if it's needed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If Brice goes down he is going to get some solid minutes. Like last year we are one post injury from disaster. His height is needed. Maybe he never touches the floor, but we need him to be ready.

he ain't playing this year, he has height and that's it. Has a TON to work on to be a D1 basketball player.

Ben Knox player so never say never haha. I am fine with him not playing if Brice and Fuller are the real deals.

Ben Knox had multiple offers coming out of HS ( Oops looks like 1 offer from us) I played against the guy, actually thought he could hack it at D1 level particularly Sun Belt level, he could just chose to go another direction.  This guy is a totally different situation than Knox. FWIW

Edited by GMG24

Ben Knox had multiple offers coming out of HS ( Oops looks like 1 offer from us) I played against the guy, actually thought he could hack it at D1 level particularly Sun Belt level, he could just chose to go another direction.  This guy is a totally different situation than Knox. FWIW

I thought Thompson had a few non division 1 offers just like Gross.  His highlights look much better than Knox.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I coached against Thompson he has a decent mid range game, not much vertical lift, length is  his biggest asset.  At the HS level it was enough at the D1 level I don't personally think he has the athleticism or shot making ability to make a difference.  I hope I am wrong but seems like the reason he is a walk on and not a D1 scholarship athlete.  

Andrew, I went to SMU home opener.  I am interested to compare their athleticism with ours.  They look like a D1 basketball team, have length that can elevate, and guards who can attack and make shots.  Their game day atmosphere is incredible.  

Andrew, I went to SMU home opener.  I am interested to compare their athleticism with ours.  They look like a D1 basketball team, have length that can elevate, and guards who can attack and make shots.  Their game day atmosphere is incredible.  

.... Really? Smu would beat us and I am sure they are much more athletic than we are. We are built around smaller guards who can shoot and distribute the ball. We do have combs for athleticism, but he is all we have in the paint. Brice and Fuller have a lot of work to do. KAtenda did not even play. 

• Upvote 1