North Texas Head Football coach job posting

dml7007

"Bachelor's Degree and five years of combined experience in coaching football at the NFL or NCAA Level required.  Experience in recruiting at the collegiate level and the ability to interact with the general public.

The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:

* Master's Degree"

Wow, didn't think I'd be a candidate but I have a bachelor's & master's...

I can interact with the public, generally...

I also have years of coaching experience at both levels and won several championships as well as achieved the highest rated recruiting class in the nation.*

*That is of course if you count EA Sports videogames

Greg better update his coach tracker on Mean Green Nation, a new leader has emerged!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Allow me to display my ignorance. Does experience "at the NCAA level" include at the JC level?  Or do JCs have their own organization?

It would not be unusual for someone to "tailor" the job description to target a select group or exclude a group.

Edited by EagleMBA

NJCAA

Thanks for the info. So it looks like those on this board promoting high quality, good recruiting, winning JC coaches are out of luck. I am not promoting any but I always thought it didn't hurt to look. Looks like they are trolling for a "name" coach.

We should all apply and see if one of us gets lucky for a phone interview. 

Then when one of us confirms the time, fifty of us walk in. Then we lead RV out a la French Revolution but without a guillotine. 

Wait, am I in the wrong thread? 

Edited by meanJewGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Does this mean the coach does the scheduling? 

You have a better idea?

"May assist in preparing and distributing team programs, schedules, etc. "

OK Coach, remember that programs are $5.00 each. After you sell 50 and hand the money over to RV,  you can come down to the field and get ready for the game. 

Well, maybe this explains why the we so often didn't seem to have a game plan.  Mac hadn't gotten the programs printed up and handed out in time to do the "etc".

We could offer a solution of coaching by committee.. 5 of us coach every game.. I bet we could beat 0-7 or at least tie it and one of us could figure out how to schedule just 5 home games 

Edited by UNTpolitico

Did it say the position requires two eyes?

Quite the opposite:

"The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of . . .  disability. . . in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices." [emphasis added]

I'm all for joking about things, but not about that, especially something directed at Coach Mac and challenges he had with his health while here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think that up to $1,000,000 per year salary will attract a large quantity of applicants, but I am unsure as to the quality of candidates. Harry is right in there are only 128 D1 jobs, so we should get a lot of resumes. I also think that there is tremendous pressure on R.V. to get it right this time, and if I were him would welcome our President providing a second pair of eyes as well as spreading the responsibility. If this hire fails for what ever reason even R.V.'s staunch supporters might stop and give pause.Personally , even though I am in this boards minority on the subject,I have every confidence in his ability to do so.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I think that up to $1,000,000 per year salary will attract a large quantity of applicants, but I am unsure as to the quality of candidates. Harry is right in there are only 128 D1 jobs, so we should get a lot of resumes. I also think that there is tremendous pressure on R.V. to get it right this time, and if I were him would welcome our President providing a second pair of eyes as well as spreading the responsibility. If this hire fails for what ever reason even R.V.'s staunch supporters might stop and give pause.Personally , even though I am in this boards minority on the subject,I have every confidence in his ability to do so.

What is the basis for your confidence?

• Upvote 1