Coach Canales

gangrene

It was a mistake for Canales to kick a field goal when we were down by 21 in the third. But I do think he's done some good things since he became the first head coach we've ever had twice. I like the way he talked after the game today too. I hope he can make our beaten-down team believe in themselves.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It was a mistake for Canales to kick a field goal when we were down by 21 in the third. But I do think he's done some good things since he became the first head coach we've ever had twice. I like the way he talked after the game today too. I hope he can make our beaten-down team believe in themselves.

why again did he kick a field goal?  That was a puzzling decision.

why again did he kick a field goal?  That was a puzzling decision.

I'm assuming because earlier he went for it on 4th in the red zone and came away without points.  I don't think he wanted another trip with nothing to show for it.

EDIT: Hunter Green beat me to it.  What he said.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Looks like we are really good at three and outs, well until the 2nd & 3rd string defense shows up, they still picked us. 

Exactly.  We have become masters of scoring on the last possession with less than two minutes left in the game.  Can't move against anybody's ones.

UTEP won today.  As bad as have been, they improved to 3-4, beating FAU today.  Leftwich is back from an early season concussion and threw three TDs with no picks.  If he stays healthy, cross UTEP off the list of teams we could beat this season - and, it's a short list:  UTEP and UTSA.

If we can't move the ball consistently against UTSA, then...well, we're already at the bottom of the barrel.  There is no "then" really. 

We will 0-fer the season if we can't beat UTSA. 

Differing points of view, but I can see kicking field goals.  At this point in the season, it's all about having as many positives as possible.  We weren't going to win the game, so make it as respectable as possible...which we did.

I don't endorse Canales as the next head coach, but I think the team we've seen the past two weeks beats the McCarney-led team by at least 21 points.  I know longer think we are the worst team in the FBS and Canales has to have something to do with it.   Maybe I was watching the game through my Mean Green colored glasses, but I thought we gave Marshall a decent game, especially considering we got down early.

• Upvote 1

Differing points of view, but I can see kicking field goals.  At this point in the season, it's all about having as many positives as possible.  We weren't going to win the game, so make it as respectable as possible...which we did.

I don't endorse Canales as the next head coach, but I think the team we've seen the past two weeks beats the McCarney-led team by at least 21 points.  I know longer think we are the worst team in the FBS and Canales has to have something to do with it.   Maybe I was watching the game through my Mean Green colored glasses, but I thought we gave Marshall a decent game, especially considering we got down early.

Well, the CUSA pillow fight of the year is in Apogee next Saturday vs 1-6 nutsack. We'll see how bad our bad is then. 

Well, the CUSA pillow fight of the year is in Apogee next Saturday vs 1-6 nutsack. We'll see how bad our bad is then. 

LOL.  True.

The only reason I don't feel very good about getting a win next week is because we can't beat UTSA when we're good so I have a hard time convincing myself we'll beat them when we're bad.