Should Rick Villarreal be fired? Poll

UNT90

Should Rick Villarreal be fired?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think RV's time at UNT should be over?

I think it is probably time for change.  I don't agree with all the over the top venom used by a few to seemingly root for his firing.  No reason for all of the personal attacks, either.

TIgreen01 

Question: Has anybody on this board called our AD...fat & lazy? 

If not...well..."fat & lazy" is no way to go through life or run a mid-major G5 athletic department. 

We need someone smart & hungry to work the NT puzzle/problem.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No question that the time has come for change.   And after tonight, I think there's very little doubt that it needs to be wholesale change.   The team was certainly better this evening, but now is not the time to look within the program for answers.   It is fundamentally broken, and it needs to be repaired from the top down   I will always appreciate the positives that RV has brought during his tenure.  We would be foolish, however, not to  acknowledge his apparent limitations  in moving this program to the next step. 

• Upvote 2

To the ten that voted no, what will it take?

We parked in the parking lot at Fouts last night and walked over the bridge to the game at Apogee. 

The academic success of our student athletes is at an all time high.

Every sport we field has better facilities than it did when I graduated in 1995.

We have solid coaching in almost every sport.  Golf program is back.  Volleyball is doing well.  Soccer is outstanding.  Track/Long distance...on and on.

Our only problem right now is football.  And, RV, is not the only athletic director in history to make a hiring that went south in football.  The college football world is filled with them.

What I like best, though, is that we have done it all without getting into trouble with the NCAA.  We run clean programs.  That comes from the top.

In short, I look at what he had when I was a student here, and look at what has been done since Rick's been here.  It's night and day different, and not even close.

Most of you hyperfocus on football and basketball, which is your choice.  I choose to see the big picture.  Our athletic department is on a different planet from what it was when I was here.

Edited by HarringtonFishSmeller
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

We parked in the parking lot at Fouts last night and walked over the bridge to the game at Apogee. 

The academic success of our student athletes is at an all time high.

Every sport we field has better facilities than it did when I graduated in 1995.

We have solid coaching in almost every sport.  Golf program is back.  Volleyball is doing well.  Soccer is outstanding.  Track/Long distance...on and on.

Our only problem right now is football.  And, RV, is not the only athletic director in history to make a hiring that went south in football.  The college football world is filled with them.

What I like best, though, is that we have done it all without getting in trouble.  We run clean programs.  That comes from the top.

Our basketball teams have sucked something fierce for the last three years...

• Upvote 2