McCarney fired

James329

No way I believe he was fired before the game.  Otherwise he would not have been out there.

RV had no choice if he wanted to make it through the weekend.  I still think he retires at the end of the year.

What say all you naysayers that assured us Mac would not be fired for another 1 or 2 years?  This is a different UNT.  Not Alabama, but not the old UNT.

Thanks Mac.  I appreciate the enthusiasm you brought to the program.  I was actually pulling for you.  I thought you could be a good face of the program.  Sorry it did not work out.  Good luck with the next chapter.

• Upvote 2

No way I believe he was fired before the game.  Otherwise he would not have been out there.

RV had no choice if he wanted to make it through the weekend.  I still think he retires at the end of the year.

What say all you naysayers that assured us Mac would not be fired for another 1 or 2 years?  This is a different UNT.  Not Alabama, but not the old UNT.

Thanks Mac.  I appreciate the enthusiasm you brought to the program.  I was actually pulling for you.  I thought you could be a good face of the program.  Sorry it did not work out.  Good luck with the next chapter.

No way. Guy is still sorta young, and has no pressure at all. Cushiest job ever

Mac- you did some good things while you were here.  I appreciate the passion and enthusiasm you had for UNT.  You were a great ambassador of the university.  As others have already pointed out, it takes much more then that.  I wish you the best- enjoy Florida.  

As the anger fades away, I do wish him the best. Just too much stubbornness there. I hope he stays in the game for a few more years as a position coach somewhere. As long as it's in a different zip code. 

• Upvote 1