Interesting Coaches Show Note

MGNation92

Just as a thought for everyone to think about, and possibly have questions for next time. Hank came up to me at the coaches show tonight and said that if anyone had questions they could pick up the mike and ask, as long as the questions "showed some tact". So I would suggest, for those willing come up with some questions,  to show up and ask them because even though it's clearly not advertised, it is open mike. Or you could pull a Ben Gooding and just get up and punch the entire panel in the face mid sentence. Your call

• Upvote 5

Just as a thought for everyone to think about, and possibly have questions for next time. Hank came up to me at the coaches show tonight and said that if anyone had questions they could pick up the mike and ask, as long as the questions "showed some tact". So I would suggest, for those willing come up with some questions,  to show up and ask them because even though it's clearly not advertised, it is open mike. Or you could pull a Ben Gooding and just get up and punch the entire panel in the face mid sentence. Your call

It is always a good idea to take the high road. If not you are too easily marginalized as a nut. 

I don't know young Mr. Gooding, however if he or some other student called out the team and the coaches as quitters I would applaud him.

The truth hurts, no matter how you package it!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

It is always a good idea to take the high road. If not you are too easily marginalized as a nut. 

I don't know young Mr. Gooding, however if he or some other student called out the team and the coaches as quitters I would applaud him.

The truth hurts, no matter how you package it!

In no way are these kids quitters. They work hard for a trash system, with coaches who seem to be blind to the reality of the situation. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

"coach, you've repeatedly talked about how important decision making and limiting mistakes is to you in your evaluation of the quarterback position, yet your current number one holds a negative, both on the season and his career, touchdown:interception ratio, with a number of those interceptions coming in such bad spots that they lead directly to defensive points for our opponents...so then by what metric in your evaluation does your number one maintain his place? and if a quarterback who falls short of the bar you've set in your evaluation of the position is truly the best option on the roster, where does the responsibility for that lie? recruiting? player-development?"

• Upvote 5

"Thats a great question, thanks for asking CBL. It really comes down to my days in Iowa, when you didn't need a quarterback to win a national championship at Florida. Andrew McNulty gives us the best Iowa but I could see where Florida, national championship, Iowa in the Florida."

"thanks coach, that really clears things up and puts my mind at ease ahead of our impending loss to an FCS team. just a quick follow-up...some buddies and I have been debating this...were you at Florida in 2008 when they won a national championship?"

"thanks coach, that really clears things up and puts my mind at ease ahead of our impending loss to an FCS team. just a quick follow-up...some buddies and I have been debating this...were you at Florida in 2008 when they won a national championship?"

"Ah yes I remember that time. Back when men were men, Iowa was Florida, and they are a really good football team"

• Upvote 3

"If Florida had Iowa taking snaps under center, would Grey Goose?"
"That's a solid question.  Here's a ring.  What kind of question is that, anyways?"

"Coach, if you had a 12 Florida buses on the field at once, would you win a national title?"
"Is mini-Iowa driving?  No question in mind: we'd Fry them.  Be Strong, fans.  Charlie Strong."

SNL_0716_10_Bill_Swerskis_Super_Fans_EST

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

"Thats a great question, thanks for asking CBL. It really comes down to my days in Iowa, when you didn't need a quarterback to win a national championship at Florida. Andrew McNulty gives us the best Iowa but I could see where Florida, national championship, Iowa in the Florida."

Here coach.  Drink some Grey Goose.  You're not yourself when you're thirsty.
robin-williams.jpg

In no way are these kids quitters. They work hard for a trash system, with coaches who seem to be blind to the reality of the situation. 

I haven't seen evidence of hard work. I don't know where anyone can see hard work w/ a team that is 0-4 who has been blown out in nearly every game. Bad fundamentals and low football IQ. Those aren't indicative of a hard working team. I blame the coach for letting this situation get out of hand, but the players are not totally innocent. This isn't a high school team. This is a FBS football team. They are young men, not kids.

If I offended anyone then get thicker skin, this is a UNT football forum. It isn't a happy place...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I haven't seen evidence of hard work. I don't know where anyone can see hard work w/ a team that is 0-4 who has been blown out in nearly every game. Bad fundamentals and low football IQ. Those aren't indicative of a hard working team. I blame the coach for letting this situation get out of hand, but the players are not totally innocent. This isn't a high school team. This is a FBS football team. They are young men, not kids.

If I offended anyone then get thicker skin, this is a UNT football forum. It isn't a happy place...

There is a lot of difference in effort and talent. 

• Upvote 2

"If Florida had Iowa taking snaps under center, would Grey Goose?"
"That's a solid question.  Here's a ring.  What kind of question is that, anyways?"

"Coach, if you had a 12 Florida buses on the field at once, would you win a national title?"
"Is mini-Iowa driving?  No question in mind: we'd Fry them.  Be Strong, fans.  Charlie Strong."

SNL_0716_10_Bill_Swerskis_Super_Fans_EST

McNulty vs a Hurricane?   

McNulty!

• Upvote 1

There is a lot of difference in effort and talent. 

I agree, yet how can you evaluate talent without effort? You can forgive lack of size, speed, or even talent. Lack of effort is harder to stomach.

Edited by GM1998