Ummmm....

SSP

I am going to re watch this game, and take notes on every Throwing situation and what McNulty did.  His short passes were thrown to the wrong side of the receivers to far in front, to low, to wide.  Even a simple 5 yard hitch by our tight end (Loving), which we completed 190982309209 times in a row, was thrown behind him causing him to make a RIDICULOUS 1 handed grab.  It is just atrocious and I can't believe anyone who donates as much money as some on here do would sit there and not say a dang thing to RV.  I gave 25 bucks, got to much stuff to pay off, and don't make enough money.  Even if I did, I would not give the university's athletic program my money right now.  I can't see how there is no uproar over the garbage being put on the field.  Thought we were SO deep at RB? We have Jimmy, and Ivory.  Didn't even see Rex is he hurt again? So much poop man so much poop. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Think we got a bad no-call in the end zone on our first drive.

Kidsy just made a boneheaded move on that punt.

I'd still like to see a replay on that fumble that nearly went out of bounds.

Going back to our run right, run left, incomplete (INT) strategy on the first possession of the second half when you have a chance to tie the game and take back the momentum is the worst idea ever. Canales should be the first one fired.

Shame Smith was never even given a chance, even after 38-10.

• Upvote 2

If you're the guy that jumped up and stormed off after that horrible 4th down throw, prompting me to consider joining you, then yeah.

Young Alumni Row 5.

I'm on the 1st row in section 106. My son was with me in his mean green jersey. I had a tan shirt & shorts, meangreen hat. i did leave right after that 4th down throw, too.

• Upvote 2

Oh and less a program is either one of the 10-15 bluebloods or a program is gaving a great year, the home opener is usually the seasons ceiling in attendance. So, folks, 19.6k is probably as good as it is going to get. Don't be surprised to see 2-3 sub 15k games. Possibly 10k. 

I thought you quit?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

From Rice perspective..

I thought NT should feel like we did after Texas.   We played well but lost turnovers and a few big plays and thus lost the scoreboard.   I thought you outplayed us in the 1H and once the turnovers happened, the sideline and emotion got lost and the team fell apart.   You were moving the ball at will against us.  I don't know why you got away from the up-tempo gameplan.  I don't know why your OC got away from what we were giving you and why there were not more throws to Harris.    Corey Coleman at Baylor is going to be smiling all week after watching what Harris did to our secondary today.      He is a really good player.

If our QB and gameplan would have been same last week as this week, we would have won against the Horns.   It was not b/c of the competition today.  Both our OC and the QB had a materially better game today.     We ran a bunch of wrinkles off our base package that many of us have been waiting to see.   It resulted in many big plays.    

Good luck the rest of the way.   Clean-up the turnovers and you will surprise some folks along the way.    I know alot of negativity here just like there would be on Rice board if same thing happened but I do think you are closer than you think.   There is talent on both sides of the ball.

• Upvote 7

Even 2012 against Texas Southern?

Considering he only threw on 3rd and long that game, absolutely.

From Rice perspective..

I thought NT should feel like we did after Texas.   We played well but lost turnovers and a few big plays and thus lost the scoreboard.   I thought you outplayed us in the 1H and once the turnovers happened, the sideline and emotion got lost and the team fell apart.   You were moving the ball at will against us.  I don't know why you got away from the up-tempo gameplan.  I don't know why your OC got away from what we were giving you and why there were not more throws to Harris.    Corey Coleman at Baylor is going to be smiling all week after watching what Harris did to our secondary today.      He is a really good player.

If our QB and gameplan would have been same last week as this week, we would have won against the Horns.   It was not b/c of the competition today.  Both our OC and the QB had a materially better game today.     We ran a bunch of wrinkles off our base package that many of us have been waiting to see.   It resulted in many big plays.    

Good luck the rest of the way.   Clean-up the turnovers and you will surprise some folks along the way.    I know alot of negativity here just like there would be on Rice board if same thing happened but I do think you are closer than you think.   There is talent on both sides of the ball.

Kind words indeed. But with the schedule we have and our inability to win road games, we win 2 this year (maybe). At Tennessee and at Iowa loom large, as does at Marshall. Home against WKU is also a sure L. 

Mayve we squeak out a win against UTEP or UTSA at home, but that is really hard to see at this point.

Even the FCS we paid for an easy win is anything but. Portland St. beat Wash St. and the pirate on Wash St.'s home field. Portland St is a ranked (#19) FCS team. 

Throw in sure road losses to La. Tech, Middle TN, and a greatly improved USM (who beat us at Apogee last year) and this is a disaster. 

Edited by UNT90

Watching the game replay this morning.  Not surprisingly, our defense was outmatched.

And the Harris tipped interception to start the 3rd was a bad throw by McNulty.  No doubt about it.  McNulty was looking right at Harris and then threw the ball a couple of yards off target and Harris tried to dive for it and unfortunately tipped the ball right into a defender's waiting arms.

• Upvote 2