I just must say how much I am loving these folks get caught with their pants down (pardon the pun) with this Ashley Madison breech.  I really wish they would just publish everyone's name in the papers or on Facebook or something.  Poetic justice at its best right here folks.

Married?  Want to have an affair?  Get divorced first!

Just back from Norfolk, VA and was enjoying reading the local paper discussing how many sailors names are showing up with Ashley Madison accounts after using their Navy.gov email addresses to keep this stuff away from their spouses.  Navy is investigating the possibility of charges due to the inappropriate use of government computers.  They are also looking in to possible consequences for those actually participating in these affairs.  For military folks with security clearances having an affair opens them up to potential blackmail and is a potential security risk.  Some careers along with more than a few marriages may be deep sixed over this.

But, I must say that I am seriously enjoying seeing all these cheating scumbags being exposed in their affairs.

My opinion, of course, others are free to see it any way they choose.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

On the one hand, these people kind of deserved to be outed given their behavior, but on the other hand, if we start to like and/or appreciate a data breach of any kind, we start to encourage more to happen. So this is bad and should be viewed as such, but it is hard to feel sorry for those who have been outed in the process.

• Upvote 3

I'm fully with @forevereagle on this one. I'm not a fan of leaking private info like this, regardless of how little empathy I have for the affected party.

Oh, I definitely get that...but in this case I will make an exception.  The divorce lawyers must be smelling blood!  Going to be some broke folks after all this is said and done and some careers lost.  Only sad part is the kids in the families of these jerks...and that would be both cheating men and women.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh, I definitely get that...but in this case I will make an exception.  The divorce lawyers must be smelling blood!  Going to be some broke folks after all this is said and done and some careers lost.  Only sad part is the kids in the families of these jerks...and that would be both cheating men and women.

That only makes me dislike this more. I'm not going cheer for divorce lawyers and Internet hackers/thieves.

• Upvote 2

You can cheat on a spouse on sites like eHarmony and Match just as easily as you can using Ashley Madison.  It's just that AM was just centered around on cheating a spouse/significant other is all.

Edited by UNTFan23

That only makes me dislike this more. I'm not going cheer for divorce lawyers and Internet hackers/thieves.

Well, if you don't like divorce lawyers....stick to your wedding vows.  Fairly simple.  No one is cheering here...just enjoying that these folks got caught.  Like I originally said...you want to cheat?  Great, be honest...tell your spouse and get a divorce first.

the word scumbag comes to mind when I think of cheating spouses and sites like this Ashley Madison crap.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This whole thing just shows the worst of humanity on every side.  But, IMO, the folks at Ashley Madison take the cake.

The ripples of the hack seem to go way past just cheating on your spouse.  It seems there are crimes of opportunity being committed now as a result.  There now seem to be cases of extortion against those who may have used the site (pulled from USAT article).  There are possibly even suicides and with maybe even hate crime being committed (pulled from numerous articles). 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/08/24/police-ashley-madison-hack-extortion-crimes-suicides/32269699/

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/08/24/ashley-madison-hack-may-have-led-to-two-suicides-police-say/

• Upvote 1

Well, if you don't like divorce lawyers....stick to your wedding vows.  Fairly simple.  No one is cheering here...just enjoying that these folks got caught.  Like I originally said...you want to cheat?  Great, be honest...tell your spouse and get a divorce first.

the word scumbag comes to mind when I think of cheating spouses and sites like this Ashley Madison crap.

There are scumbags on all sides of this story. I'll choose not to be excited for any of them.

• Upvote 3

I just must say how much I am loving these folks get caught with their pants down...

Hey Mark,

do you know that I could right now go and register an account with your email address on AshleyMadison.com right now, since they do zero email verification?  That's right, I could start the account creation process, abandon it, and AM still considers you a "member."

Since there are so few women on that site, they set up very few affairs.  The way they make their money is for people to either create an account, or start to create an account, and then panic.  They desperately want to delete their accounts, and the only way to do that is to pay AM to remove your account/email address.  Of course the double whammy is that AM didn't actually delete the email addresses, those accounts got stolen also.  

If someone had decided to prank you a year ago, and signed you up for an account, would you be laughing now?  Have you double checked and made sure someone already didn't do that?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Hey Mark,

do you know that I could right now go and register an account with your email address on AshleyMadison.com right now, since they do zero email verification?  That's right, I could start the account creation process, abandon it, and AM still considers you a "member."

Since there are so few women on that site, they set up very few affairs.  The way they make their money is for people to either create an account, or start to create an account, and then panic.  They desperately want to delete their accounts, and the only way to do that is to pay AM to remove your account/email address.  Of course the double whammy is that AM didn't actually delete the email addresses, those accounts got stolen also.  

If someone had decided to prank you a year ago, and signed you up for an account, would you be laughing now?  Have you double checked and made sure someone already didn't do that?

Yep...I would Alonzo.  Why?  Because I would know some jerk did it and not me.  And, so would anyone who knows me.  It would take a real jerk to do something like that and a very small person...not some "prankster".  As you know...it would be pretty easy to figure out the computer from which the registration was made.  Most jerks who would do such a thing would not be bright enough to "borrow" a computer...and might even have done it from their office..say at UNT.  Yes, Sir, I'd still be laughing my rear end off at these scumbags. Don't need to double check...don't care.  But, pray tell, why would someone do that a year ago since no breech was even anticipated at that time.  A tad too late now to be very effective with that sort of childish low life action.

You do, however, seem to know a lot about that site.

• Downvote 5

The most self righteous men I know seem to be the ones who are getting handy's at the strip club... Who cares what people do? Just support Mean Green Football. If you don't do that than you sir lack moral fiber!

• Upvote 1