MGB: UNT picks up commitment from Allante Holston

Brett Vito

Someone at the guard position can't be coming back.

If you think about it we have just replaced players with players of similar size and position. Brice replaces Armani. Deckie replaces TJ, and Allante replaces Jordan Williams. We now need a post player to replace Collin Voss and we will have replaced every position layer with someone of similar size and hopefully abilities.

In fact Brice and Deckie are taller and longer. Both should hit the boards at least as well if not better.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

If you think about it we have just replaced players with players of similar size and position. Brice replaces Armani. Deckie replaces TJ, and Allante replaces Jordan Williams. We now need a post player to replace Collin Voss and we will have replaced every position layer with someone of similar size and hopefully abilities.

In fact Brice and Deckie are taller and longer. Both should hit the boards at least as well if not better.

Awesome!!! Benford replaced veteran parts of a sub .500 team with similar players...this can ONLY end well

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I don't look at it that way Andrew. We didn't have any centers on the team. Brice fills one of two needs there. Deckie does not replace TJ (who played out of position at the point). We should be better there with J-Mychal Reese & JaMichael Brown. Deckie, in my opinion, doesn't replace anyone but provides additional depth at the 2 (w/ DeAndre Harris, Carrington Ward and Anefiok.) We're in bad shape if we're hoping to play a 6-2 or 6-3 guard at SF. From what little I have seen on video, I like the potential signing of Holston. He appears to be as good of a shooter as the often inconsistent Jordan from outside. I love how he looks to penetrate to the hole every opportunity. (Something Jordan should have been coached to do more of).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

As a follow-up to Cooley's post, I posted a thread that looks at how many ships we currently have available:

To summarize, you can have 13 on scholarship and up to this Holston commit we are at 12... If TJ returns we are at 13.

Cooley is right, we need size! I like the signings we have but we need a big man to replace Voss. We can't expect a true freshman, albeit a talented one in Brice to carry the load by himself. Honestly we may need 2 and that would require us to lose a scholarship player.

As a follow-up to Cooley's post, I posted a thread that looks at how many ships we currently have available:

To summarize, you can have 13 on scholarship and up to this Holston commit we are at 12... If TJ returns we are at 13.

Cooley is right, we need size! I like the signings we have but we need a big man to replace Voss. We can't expect a true freshman, albeit a talented one in Brice to carry the load by himself. Honestly we may need 2 and that would require us to lose a scholarship player.

I agree we need size, but at this rate we will be taller and longer than last year. Vito had an article saying Deandre who is 6'3 might be the small forward. That is undersized, but I do not see why Anefiok at 6'5 could not play small forward.

• Upvote 1