Denia concerned about Sack n Save; Dead convention center idea

Harry

Don't think you know what a master planned development is. One neighborhood is not a master planned community.

Here's one for you: http://www.forestargroup.com/real-estate/property-view/id=462

It is a series of neighborhoods, that were planned on previously undeveloped area... So most of Denton outside the previously mentioned campus area.

That's actually in Corinth though. According to the City-Data map, it's in that dead zone where it's within both Denton and Corinth city limits. City Council would have to approve one and have shown they won't. I'm not saying I'm against these developments, but the fact remains.

cm338.png

Either way, the fact remains you have to search to the far edges, to the suburbs of Denton to find even typical real estate developments.

Far edges? Denton isn't some sprawling metropolis.. It's about a 5 miles radius around the city center. Denton is Denton, it's all just one city and most of Denton is pretty typical suburban housing/suburban amenities except for the city center you mentioned.

• Downvote 2

YOU ARE HIGH

If he were high, I don't think he'd have such a low opinion, although for myself, nothing beats red burritos from Del Taco when in that state of consciousness. At least, that's what I've heard, since I would have no firsthand knowledge because that would be illegal, at the very least at the federal level, even if in a state where such things are legal for recreational purposes.

I never thought I'd see the day when I would have to travel to Colorado to enjoy more freedom.

• Downvote 2

If he were high, I don't think he'd have such a low opinion, although for myself, nothing beats red burritos from Del Taco when in that state of consciousness. At least, that's what I've heard, since I would have no firsthand knowledge because that would be illegal, at the very least at the federal level, even if in a state where such things are legal for recreational purposes.

I never thought I'd see the day when I would have to travel to Colorado to enjoy more freedom.

I'm glad Del Tacos started opening up around here. Their 99 cent chicken soft tacos are excellent and while not the highest quality, $2 fish tacos are a great fix if you're looking for something quicker and cheaper than Fuzzy's.

That depends on which freedoms you wish to exercise.

In Colorado:

No state permit to purchase a gun

No firearm registration

No Assault weapon law

Concealed Carry License for handguns

Open carry legal outside Denver for both rifles and handguns without permit

OK to conceal loaded pistol in vehicle

Castle Doctrine

Peaceable Journey Laws

State and corporate income tax rate of 4.63% (boo!)

BUT...Property tax rate generally less than 1%

Top speed limit 75mph

At-will employment

I'm honestly trying to think what other Texas freedoms would be unique. What am I missing?

Ok, the most intriguing thing I've read in this thread is.....

People actually like Del Taco??????? If I'm in need of a good colon cleanse, it's always Taco Bell for me.

You're forgetting the qualifier of altered states of consciousness. Also, for us left coasters, it's childhood comfort food. I can't for the life of me understand why anybody not deemed mentally incompetent by a court of law would eat Taco Bueno, but they do...in droves. Que sera sera, or perhaps, quesadilla quesadilla.

You're forgetting the qualifier of altered states of consciousness. Also, for us left coasters, it's childhood comfort food. I can't for the life of me understand why anybody not deemed mentally incompetent by a court of law would eat Taco Bueno, but they do...in droves. Que sera sera, or perhaps, quesadilla quesadilla.

Taco Bueno > Del Taco

For us Texans, it's childhood comfort food.

It's fast-food tacos & such. If you're looking for something fast/cheap, Taco Bueno & Taco Cabana are your places for Tacos. If you want legit tacos, they're all over, but you're normally investing alot more time & a little more money for them.

Taco Bueno > Del Taco

It's fast-food tacos & such. If you're looking for something fast/cheap, Taco Bueno & Taco Cabana are your places for Tacos. If you want legit tacos, they're all over, but you're normally investing alot more time & a little more money for them.

Don't worry. Kid and I generally only eat at taquerias. She gets kinda cranky if we get through a weekend without one. I keep meaning to try estrella up on McKinney, but I always forget.

Ok, the most intriguing thing I've read in this thread is.....

People actually like Del Taco??????? If I'm in need of a good colon cleanse, it's always Taco Bell for me.

Del Taco's value bean and cheese burrito and their bacon breakfast burrito with a cherry coke are great. Everything else from that place is pure poison.

In Colorado:

No state permit to purchase a gun

No firearm registration

No Assault weapon law

Concealed Carry License for handguns

Open carry legal outside Denver for both rifles and handguns without permit

OK to conceal loaded pistol in vehicle

Castle Doctrine

Peaceable Journey Laws

State and corporate income tax rate of 4.63% (boo!)

BUT...Property tax rate generally less than 1%

Top speed limit 75mph

At-will employment

I'm honestly trying to think what other Texas freedoms would be unique. What am I missing?

With recent bans on standard capacity magazines it's trending the wrong way. (This is why MagPul is leaving that state)

Though I do like the open carry status of Colorado...

YOU ARE HIGH

psy.gif

Maybe if I still lived in CO. :D

In N Out really is not a good burger. I mean, it's good when you're drunk or high, as suggested by oldguy, but that's about it. I'd take Kincaid's over it every day of the week, except for maybe Saturday where I'd treat myself to Rodeo Goat.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

Taco Bueno > Del Taco

No doubt about it.

Taco Bueno > Del Taco/Taco Bell

Bueno's refried beans are freakin' awesome and make all the difference in their food vs the other fast food chains. Nothing beats a beef muchaco when in need of a quick fix.

In N Out really is not a good burger. I mean, it's good when you're drunk or high, as suggested by oldguy, but that's about it. I'd take Kincaid's over it every day of the week, except for maybe Saturday where I'd treat myself to Rodeo Goat.

Yes sir. Nothing like the burgers in Fort Worth.

Here's one for you: http://www.forestargroup.com/real-estate/property-view/id=462

It is a series of neighborhoods, that were planned on previously undeveloped area... So most of Denton outside the previously mentioned campus area.

Not in the City of Denton. You need to get out more and actually learn something about the city you are trying to knock. If you think Denton is like Frisco, Plano, Allen, etc. or any of the master planned communities like Savannah, etc. you really are needing some "local" knowledge badly.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

psy.gif

Kincaid's is fine, but it was much better back in the day when it was actually a working grocery store. Big difference between then and now. And Rodeo Goat is great for sure, but it is not fair at all to compare it to In and Out Burger or any of the other fast food chains.

Might as well say Pappas Steakhouse is better than Golden Corral. Two entirely different animals in burger types....In and Out doesn't use goat cheese on burgers for one, nor are their patties hand formed or half as large. Rodeo Goat is one of a kind...thankfully...In and Out, while a very good fast food burger is not even in the same catagory of restaurant as Rodeo Goat.

Not in the City of Denton. You need to get out more and actually learn something about the city you are trying to knock. If you think Denton is like Frisco, Plano, Allen, etc. or any of the master planned communities like Savannah, etc. you really are needing some "local" knowledge badly.

It is in City limits of Denton. http://www.cityofdenton.com/home/showdocument?id=3676

I'm not saying that it is like Frisco, Plano, Allen because of the obvious reason that it has two colleges and more history in the square area. I'm saying that it has many areas that look just like any other suburb in DFW. I'm not sure how this is "knocking" Denton. I obviously lived in Denton for 4 years and I loved living there, but I didn't think it was just completely de-tached from the rest of DFW and doesn't share similar qualities as many of it's surroundings. Denton is in an interesting spot because it's not far enough away to be just considered a college town but not quite a surburb either.

Speaking of Raznor ranch, the new housing development there feels pretty master planned to me.. and within the inner loop of Denton. http://rayzorranch.com/location.php

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Downvote 1

Might as well say Pappas Steakhouse is better than Golden Corral. Two entirely different animals in burger types....In and Out doesn't use goat cheese on burgers for one, nor are their patties hand formed or half as large. Rodeo Goat is one of a kind...thankfully...In and Out, while a very good fast food burger is not even in the same catagory of restaurant as Rodeo Goat.

In N Out is not a very good fast food burger, sorry. Fatburger and Burgerhouse are good fast food burgers. Whataburger and Griff's are above average. Even Wendy's is better than In-N-Out.

It's not that it's a bad burger, but it's nearly the same as McDonald's. People in CA talk about the place like it's a mecca, but that's because they grew up with it. It's a very average fast food burger.

Edited by ColoradoEagle