Gary Patterson’s resolve to CHANGE lured Sonny Cumbie....

FirefightnRick

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/gil-lebreton/article5154216.html

Sure, Cumbie told Patterson last year that he would consider leaving his roots in West Texas to join TCU in its cosmic quest for more Big 12 touchdowns.

But first he had to know. Was Patterson, a notoriously defense-obsessed head coach, serious? Was he willing to commit completely to a high-horsepower makeover of the Horned Frogs offense?

Patterson was, Cumbie related Monday, as TCU continued its preparations for Wednesdays Peach Bowl.

Hes the one that went out and did his own research, and he came to the conclusion, Cumbie said.

If TCU was ever going to get over the Big 12 hump, Patterson realized, it was going to have to have a souped-up offense that could answer the Air Raid sirens that were going off around the league.

Hello!!!!.......Dan?

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

Think about it. The Big 12 is now "owned" by those two little church schools.

Yeah, well. Their enrollments may be little but their wallets are as thick as anyone.

You've heard of the T Shirt Alumni at tU and A&M? TCU has the Cobweb Alumni. They have so much money to saturate Tarrant County with their gear that you can't go into a building....ie grocery store, gas station, Big Box Chain,...without TCU gear falling and sticking to you everywhere you step.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On the positive side, Rally House is carrying our stuff and seems to be selling plenty of it.

I also see our gear on their ads during the Stars games.

That is the kind of exposure we have been begging for.

We aren't where we want to be (yet), but thank God we aren't where we used to be.

• Upvote 3

Peach Bowl Loses Consecutive Sell Out Streak.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/12/records-set-by-tcu-peach-bowl-loses-consecutive-sellout-streak.html/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Peach Bowls national bowl record of 17 consecutive sellouts came to an end Wednesday with an announced crowd of 65,706. TCUs small alumni base probably didnt help.

Rick

• Downvote 1

On the positive side, Rally House is carrying our stuff and seems to be selling plenty of it.

We aren't where we want to be (yet), but thank God we aren't where we used to be.

My husband hasn't stopped beating me (yet), but thank God he isn't cheating on me anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

All of today's games have had horrible attendance. In today's economy, which has Americans spending lots on discretionary spending, you have to reason that it's playoff or bust mentality at big schools. Poetic justice that ESPN is killing it for big programs.

Edited by MDH

Both the Fiesta and Peach Bowls were close to selling out.

The Orange Bowl on the other hand.

You get a look at the upper deck at the peach bowl? Fiesta was closer given UA fan base being right there and this being their 2nd big bowl ever.

All of today's games have had horrible attendance. In today's economy, which has Americans spending lots on discretionary spending, you have to reason that it's playoff or bust mentality at big schools. Poetic justice that ESPN is killing it for big programs.

I think the Texas Bowl this year is the only Bowl game that has been sold out.

Rally House in South Fort Worth does not have one Mean Green item for sale.

So I guess if you call improvement going from only able to buy at the book store to advancing to a couple of stores within 20 or 25 miles of campus in 14 years progress, well, revert to FFRs low expectation comment above.

It's a new year and I am SO ready for change.

Edited by UNT90

You get a look at the upper deck at the peach bowl? Fiesta was closer given UA fan base being right there and this being their 2nd big bowl ever.

At the beginning of the game the Peach wasn't full, but by the 2nd quarter it was.

I'd venture there were just as many Boise fans as AZ fans. Bronco Nation travels well.

Mac would probably implement triple option before he goes air raid.

With the plethora of running back talent and our inability to attract top QB's, it is definitely not the worst idea in the world.

GT is certainly making it work in talent rich Georgia.

I love Paul Johnson's offense and he appears to finally have the athletes to run it and compete with the SEC.

Rick

Ooh, I have one. FFR wishes for that offense here then criticizes the same offense in the thread on the Baylor collapse. No cute response from emmitt. Can't have it both ways.

It's always nice to know you're thinking about me, especially when I, until you mention me by name, could care less about you.

• Upvote 1

Ooh, I have one. FFR wishes for that offense here then criticizes the same offense in the thread on the Baylor collapse. No cute response from emmitt. Can't have it both ways.

Wrong again. I wish for our offense to get opened up, something I would think even the most ardent low-expectation supporter would want?

However it happens is fine with me, be it the spread or the triple option.

Rick