Texas Tech (12/29/14)

CMJ

It's time to right the ship and jordan and TJ will not let it sink easily.

We're what, 1-3 against the good schools ... 1-4 if you include Iona. I expect at a minimum a 10 point loss but won't be the least bit shocked if it by 15 or more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Meanwhile in Fort Worth.. TCU has entered the AP top 25 for the first time since 1998-99 at 12-0, under former LSU coach(replaced by JJ) Trent Johnson. That makes 2 DFW teams in the top 25 in basketball in 2014 with SMU and now TCU. Larry Brown makes close to 2 million a year while Trent Johnson makes close to 1.2 million, while Benford makes around $350,000 annually.

• Upvote 3

Meanwhile in Fort Worth.. TCU has entered the AP top 25 for the first time since 1998-99 at 12-0

Baby steps? TCU beat Prairie View. That's where it all started for them this year.

Maybe once Benford figures out how to clear that hurdle, we can get on a run and crack the rankings!

Meanwhile in Fort Worth.. TCU has entered the AP top 25 for the first time since 1998-99 at 12-0, under former LSU coach(replaced by JJ) Trent Johnson. That makes 2 DFW teams in the top 25 in basketball in 2014 with SMU and now TCU. Larry Brown makes close to 2 million a year while Trent Johnson makes close to 1.2 million, while Benford makes around $350,000 annually.

But Benford is cheap.

At UNT, cheap > winning.

MGB: Saturday evening notes and tidbits on the hoops front. SMU may have picked up big-time transfer: http://t.co/ljTVHj507U

— Brett Vito (@brettvito)

December 27, 2014

Maybe I'm nitpicking here , but why do we need to stay 2 nights in Lubbock? We did the same thing last year when we played at OU. For a program that has to pinch pennies just seems like a bad financial move. Just my 2 cents #BeatTech

https://twitter.com/brettvito/status/548985978036441088

Maybe I'm nitpicking here , but why do we need to stay 2 nights in Lubbock? We did the same thing last year when we played at OU. For a program that has to pinch pennies just seems like a bad financial move. Just my 2 cents #BeatTech

Need an extra day for sight seeing?

A little nugget from MGS for all you Benford haters:

In his third year at North Texas, Benford is the fourth fastest Mean Green coach to reach 30 victories since World War II. He needs just two more victories to tie North Texas Hall of Famer Charlie Johnson and Gene Robbins for 10th place in program history with 36 victories.

HOF'er!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

A little nugget from MGS for all you Benford haters:In his third year at North Texas, Benford is the fourth fastest Mean Green coach to reach 30 victories since World War II. He needs just two more victories to tie North Texas Hall of Famer Charlie Johnson and Gene Robbins for 10th place in program history with 36 victories.HOF'er!

Hopefully he pushes the top five during his stint here at north texas! Definetly looking good for Benford when you look at UNTs history.

• Downvote 7

A little nugget from MGS for all you Benford haters:

In his third year at North Texas, Benford is the fourth fastest Mean Green coach to reach 30 victories since World War II. He needs just two more victories to tie North Texas Hall of Famer Charlie Johnson and Gene Robbins for 10th place in program history with 36 victories.

HOF'er!

Lol.

I wonder if he ever reaches 40...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

https://twitter.com/brettvito/status/548985978036441088

https://twitter.com/meangreenmbb/status/549353365868515328

Now this tweet makes it sound like they're just now arriving in Lubbock.