Congrats to Coach Darrell Dickey

Harry

Memphis beats BYU in the bowl!

MIAMI (AP) — They battled for 60 minutes, then again for two overtimes and literally fought after the final play.

And for Memphis, the end result was a win 76 years in the making.

Paxton Lynch threw four touchdown passes and rushed for three more scores, Jake Elliott kicked a 54-yard field goal to end the first extra session and Memphis wasted a pair of double-digit leads before rallying to beat BYU 55-48 in the inaugural Miami Beach Bowl on Monday.

"It wasn't always pretty," Memphis coach Justin Fuente said.

No, but it was memorable — largely for the right reasons, though also for a scene that got out of hand at the end.

read more: http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/sports/national/article_36e2ea84-8aac-11e4-b866-ebecf16cd6c4.html

Agree. Congratulations for your part in the Memphis win over BYU! With the new stadium and athletic facilities in place at UNT I will always wonder what Coach Dickey could have done at UNT, how far he could have taken us. I met Coach Dickey and Coach Mills, and another coach(can't remember his name) when they came to visit me at my office in the old hometown. He was in Southeast Texas recruiting. Mills came down several times and had pretty decent results.

• Upvote 3