Coach Chico comments on all of the UNT 2014 Practices

Harry

I think you could claim that DT was also turnover prone based on his TD/INT ratio.

When it comes to McNulty starting this season I think back to Richard Abbe. The seasons leading up to last he really didn't do much. Then last season he blossomed a bit, made some plays and did what our defense needed him to do. Maybe the same will hold true for McNulty. Maybe he blooms into a world class bus driver this season.

Whomever is running the show at QB i think the certainty is that their leash will be very very short.

Don't think you can compare QB and DT. Also think Abbé had much more of a résumé than McNulty.

I do hope you are right about the leash part (as long as we yank the lease when needed not just try to readjust it).

Maybe we will have the old Morton(?)/Staubach alternating plays rotation.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, they aren't gonna be able to keep the redshirt off him or Willie. Too much talent to tuck away for a year. Putting hungry freshmen, particularly Willie, at the slot and let them do some YAC type routes (skinny posts, Stand-in, bubbles, etc.) would be ideal for them. I love this RB stable and this young WR corps. The future looks really, really bright.

• Upvote 2

Look at my boy Sam Rice showing up already now.

What would be interesting is if we could get Chico to do a top defensive performance list after they scrimmage. It would be neat to see who he felt most disrupted them on the other side.

did Aderius Epps transfer in or not? Haven't seen his name anywhere since Vito did the story on him several weeks ago.

Yes , he's here. I don't think he's working out with the team yet. I'd guess paperwork things have to all be in order 1st

Edited by NT03