TCU to play Ohio State in a home and home

untjim1995

N.Ill won the MAC in 2011 & 2012. They have been bowling every year since 2008. They have also been ranked. They would be considered a quality opponent.

And if you look at thier 2014 schedule, they have 5 home games, and 7 road games. @Ark & @northwestern. Money games with no return game.

They also have 2 money games @Iowa in 2018 & 2020. No return games.

UNT has 2 things we have to work around as far as scheduling. Becoming a quality opponent, and bringing in enough revenue so there wont be a need for money games.

5 home games and 2 money ganes in one season is next year for UNT, so very similar on that point, except we don't get any big name home opponents.

And make no mistake, it's MUCH easier to have a program defining win at home than on the road against P5 powers.

I'll give you that we haven't been competitive if you (the all encompassing you, not you specifically) will actually get upset when we have 3 consecutive bowl games under our belt and scheduling is still at ankle level.

Edited by UNT90

Dear RV,

Call Colorado, Kansas, or Mizzou and see if they have any interest in coming down here for a game. Call Nebraska and talk about a JerryWorld or Cotton Bowl game. Just try it...

Signed,

Apogee Season Ticket Holders who hate watching Texas Southern, Idaho, and NIcholls State

• Upvote 2

5 home games and 2 money ganes in one season is next year for UNT, so very similar on that point, except we don't get any big name home opponents.

And make no mistake, it's MUCH easier to have a program defining win at home than on the road against P5 powers.

I'll give you that we haven't been competitive if you (the all encompassing you, not you specifically) will actually get upset when we have 3 consecutive bowl games under our belt and scheduling is still at ankle level.

I think RV can get better opponents and 1 & 1s, but would rather make the money. And if we schedule a 1&1 with a P5 school, dont want it to be against a team that will be 2 guaranteed losses, when we need to hit 6.

Now, I cant defend 5 home games. Its obvious the money is needed to do something like that.

Hells damn bells, you all. You bitched for years and years about getting a home and home with SMU, RV does it, and you're happy for awhile. Now, you bitch about it.

After the first Army series, and the trip to West Point, you all fell in love with the idea of hooking them into a home and home series, which RV did. But, now you bitch about it.

He went off the beaten path of OU/Texas/LSU to get us games with Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and Iowa, and you were happy to be getting to see something other than Norman, Austin, or Baton Rouge. We're completing a home and home with Big Ten's Indiana this year that he got us. And, you're still bitching.

But, now...

...some kids down the block has a couple of new toys and you're all worked up in a fuss. What the f*ck? Except for San Diego State (2016 and 17), all of these fall into 2018 or later...the same time period RV and staff are working on now.

Settle the f*ck down. You don't have any idea what we may get. You don't have any idea who RV has asked, but has been rejected by. And, if the bar is set at Maryland, Utah, and San Diego State, then it won't be difficult to equal.

And, Texas A&M? What the hell is the matter with you people? They are already playing Arkansas at Jerry World every year from 2014 to 2024, plus a game at SMU in 2014. I think they've got the DFW recruiting base covered without scheduling yet another DFW area school. Wake the f*ck up!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this fan base is so damn easily led into pity parties and whatnot...I don't know how or why RV or Dan McCarney or anyone wouldn't jump at the chance to leave. Biggest damn bunch of ingrates in the college football landscape.

How you can sit in the new stadium, in full view of the scrap heap of Fouts, and still complain about anything RV does is beyond me. And, I was the biggest RV detractor in the fold before then.

Lay off the man. He's got done what needed to be done. He's doing what needs to be done. But, hells damn bells, from the hole we started in...forget it. Every last one of you complainers should be lined up and given a mule kick to the testicles.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Hells damn bells, you all. You bitched for years and years about getting a home and home with SMU, RV does it, and you're happy for awhile. Now, you bitch about it.

After the first Army series, and the trip to West Point, you all fell in love with the idea of hooking them into a home and home series, which RV did. But, now you bitch about it.

He went off the beaten path of OU/Texas/LSU to get us games with Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and Iowa, and you were happy to be getting to see something other than Norman, Austin, or Baton Rouge. We're completing a home and home with Big Ten's Indiana this year that he got us. And, you're still bitching.

But, now...

...some kids down the block has a couple of new toys and you're all worked up in a fuss. What the f*ck? Except for San Diego State (2016 and 17), all of these fall into 2018 or later...the same time period RV and staff are working on now.

Settle the f*ck down. You don't have any idea what we may get. You don't have any idea who RV has asked, but has been rejected by. And, if the bar is set at Maryland, Utah, and San Diego State, then it won't be difficult to equal.

And, Texas A&M? What the hell is the matter with you people? They are already playing Arkansas at Jerry World every year from 2014 to 2024, plus a game at SMU in 2014. I think they've got the DFW recruiting base covered without scheduling yet another DFW area school. Wake the f*ck up!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this fan base is so damn easily led into pity parties and whatnot...I don't know how or why RV or Dan McCarney or anyone wouldn't jump at the chance to leave. Biggest damn bunch of ingrates in the college football landscape.

How you can sit in the new stadium, in full view of the scrap heap of Fouts, and still complain about anything RV does is beyond me. And, I was the biggest RV detractor in the fold before then.

Lay off the man. He's got done what needed to be done. He's doing what needs to be done. But, hells damn bells, from the hole we started in...forget it. Every last one of you complainers should be lined up and given a mule kick to the testicles.

PREACH

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But, now...

I like this post. I like it a-lot.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

But, now...

So a new stadium was all you needed to be satisfied? When we had to have it to compete in college football, even at the low FBS level? With expectations like these, you wonder why we have sucked for so long?

I don't think it's crazy to expect to schedule as well as N. Illinios. Maybe you do. Maybe you just don't care about who you watch other than UNT at Apogee.

Canonizing a man for replacing a dilapidated, 70 year old piece of crap high school stadium on his 2nd try (some would argue that the 2nd try wasn't really even his) is a bit much, don't you think?

Oh, and even though you are crazy stupid wrong on this, it's good to see you posting again.

So a new stadium was all you needed to be satisfied? When we had to have it to compete in college football, even at the low FBS level? With expectations like these, you wonder why we have sucked for so long?

I don't think it's crazy to expect to schedule as well as N. Illinios. Maybe you do. Maybe you just don't care about who you watch other than UNT at Apogee.

Canonizing a man for replacing a dilapidated, 70 year old piece of crap high school stadium on his 2nd try (some would argue that the 2nd try wasn't really even his) is a bit much, don't you think?

Oh, and even though you are crazy stupid wrong on this, it's good to see you posting again.

What I'm saying is look at what you are complaining about: Northern Illinois picks up series with San Diego State, Utah, Maryland, and BYU. And, TCU gets Ohio State.

Rick V got the home and homes people were clamoring for a few years ago - SMU and Army. These contracts are done years in advance. That's why Northern Illinois and TCU are announcing series for 2018 and beyond.

In the recnet past, Rick has gotten plenty of what we wanted: regional home and homes with Houston and Tulsa, home and homes with MAC schools Ball State and Ohio, and a home and home with Big Ten's Indiana.

You can't talk about A&M coming back to Dallas when they are already going to be here 12 times for over the next 11 seasons. Newsflash: They aren't scheduling TCU either. (SEE HERE: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-12/tcu-horned-frogs.php AND HERE: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sec/texas-am-aggies.php PLUS Arkansas as an annual SEC conference game in Arlington until 2024)

Look at TCU's schedules. They've got FCS schools SFA and South Dakota State in the future. And, a low level Minnesota, which I'd say is about even to our home and home with Indiana.

Every is working on 2018 and beyond. I made a list in March of what some schools that have yet to fill their 2018 and beyond OOCs. Just because TCU gets Ohio State and Northern Illinois announces a few of their series doesn't mean Rick isn't working on our 2018 and beyond.

You guys are like my kids. We go out to a store or to someone else's house, and they want, want, want something else they see available or that other people have. They already have closets and a garage full of sh*t to play with. And, every birthday, Christmas, Easter, vacation, trips to sporting events, and State Fairs and whatnot, I'm getting them more sh*t because they are my kids and: (1) I love them and like to see them happy, and (2) they constantly nag me about more things, so it's always on my mind.

Don't you think by now that Rick loves this University and wants its sports fans to be happy in a similar way that I want my kids to be happy? I'd love to spoil them with every toy and thing they want. But, sometimes the price is too high. They get plenty, though.

And, we nag and nag and nag at Rick, so it's on his mind. Would he like a home and home with Ohio State? Yes, he would. And, how do you all know he hasn't asked and been turned down? He offers what he has to offer.

TCU has some Big 12 clout behind it now. Is it Rick's fault that our school's brass put their collective heads up their ass from 1983 to 1995? TCU hustled, enduring several conference changes from 1996 on. Congrats to the for finally scoring an Ohio State-like visit.

But, you all have no idea whether we will or not. My point is, you don't have any idea right now who is asking. What do you think they do all day, sit around and watch re-runs of the 2003 New Orleans Bowl?

Rick Villareal has done some pretty done gone miraculous things at this school as far as athletics go. I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt as far as scheduling goes.

He's doing fine and no different than anyone else. Hell, two seasons ago Oklahoma was in such a scheduling pickle that they had to take a roadie to UTEP to open the season. Scheduling isn't just snapping your fingers and saying, "Come to our school."

Give the man his due and show a little faith in him. Honestly.

• Upvote 1

Fake Lonnie, if can't see any reason to complain about RV with the dismal mess basketball has become then there isn't any point in discussing RV and his job performance with you.

Basketball? Would you trade the new facilities we have in all sports, take Fouts back, if God himself appeared and said, "I'll give your UNT basketball program a place in the NCAA tournament every season until the day you die your earthly death if you give your shiny new facilities back?"

What I'm saying is look at what you are complaining about: Northern Illinois picks up series with San Diego State, Utah, Maryland, and BYU. And, TCU gets Ohio State.

Rick V got the home and homes people were clamoring for a few years ago - SMU and Army. These contracts are done years in advance. That's why Northern Illinois and TCU are announcing series for 2018 and beyond.

In the recnet past, Rick has gotten plenty of what we wanted: regional home and homes with Houston and Tulsa, home and homes with MAC schools Ball State and Ohio, and a home and home with Big Ten's Indiana.

You can't talk about A&M coming back to Dallas when they are already going to be here 12 times for over the next 11 seasons. Newsflash: They aren't scheduling TCU either. (SEE HERE: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-12/tcu-horned-frogs.php AND HERE: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sec/texas-am-aggies.php PLUS Arkansas as an annual SEC conference game in Arlington until 2024)

Look at TCU's schedules. They've got FCS schools SFA and South Dakota State in the future. And, a low level Minnesota, which I'd say is about even to our home and home with Indiana.

Every is working on 2018 and beyond. I made a list in March of what some schools that have yet to fill their 2018 and beyond OOCs. Just because TCU gets Ohio State and Northern Illinois announces a few of their series doesn't mean Rick isn't working on our 2018 and beyond.

You guys are like my kids. We go out to a store or to someone else's house, and they want, want, want something else they see available or that other people have. They already have closets and a garage full of sh*t to play with. And, every birthday, Christmas, Easter, vacation, trips to sporting events, and State Fairs and whatnot, I'm getting them more sh*t because they are my kids and: (1) I love them and like to see them happy, and (2) they constantly nag me about more things, so it's always on my mind.

Don't you think by now that Rick loves this University and wants its sports fans to be happy in a similar way that I want my kids to be happy? I'd love to spoil them with every toy and thing they want. But, sometimes the price is too high. They get plenty, though.

And, we nag and nag and nag at Rick, so it's on his mind. Would he like a home and home with Ohio State? Yes, he would. And, how do you all know he hasn't asked and been turned down? He offers what he has to offer.

TCU has some Big 12 clout behind it now. Is it Rick's fault that our school's brass put their collective heads up their ass from 1983 to 1995? TCU hustled, enduring several conference changes from 1996 on. Congrats to the for finally scoring an Ohio State-like visit.

But, you all have no idea whether we will or not. My point is, you don't have any idea right now who is asking. What do you think they do all day, sit around and watch re-runs of the 2003 New Orleans Bowl?

Rick Villareal has done some pretty done gone miraculous things at this school as far as athletics go. I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt as far as scheduling goes.

He's doing fine and no different than anyone else. Hell, two seasons ago Oklahoma was in such a scheduling pickle that they had to take a roadie to UTEP to open the season. Scheduling isn't just snapping your fingers and saying, "Come to our school."

Again, we had to buy home games in 3 straight years to avoid having 3 consecutive years of 5 home games. Those games were against 2 FCS teams and Idaho, arguable the worst FBS team last year (and that was only scheduled one year out, so quit with the excuse that RV didn't know how bad they would be). Who was responsible for that scheduling fiasco? Someone besides an AD that had been here for 10 plus years at the time?And we STILL got a 5 game home season (with another to come in 2015) in 2012.

Tell me, did RV love us less when HE caused THAT scheduling crap heap?

Past performance is an indication of future success. Pardon me if I have a hard time trusting someone to schedule when he has done a high school level job of it in the past. It's not like a record isn't available here.

Do your job, and do it better than your peers. I know that is a new concept for UNT athletics, but one I hope they someday adopt.

Edited by UNT90

I know you all like harping on 2015. Okay, fine. Fair enough. But, even that can be fixed.

If I were Rick, I'd do one of two things:

(1) Move the game
Seeing as Tennessee has three home OOCs that year, so they are already fine schedule wise. So, I'd ask them to move our game to another year down the road.

Taking a look at both of our current future schedules, I'd ask for it to be pushed to one of the year we play Army here, so that we're not making two long road trip for OOC.

That would mean asking Tennessee to move it to 2019 or 2021 or beyond. As of today, Tennessee has no OOC home games scheduled for those years yet: Our only scheduled road OOCs in those seasons, so far, is SMU. That'd be a good trade off, right?

In fact, I'd be inclined to say, let us out of 2015 and we'll go there in 2019 and 2021. Iowa is already paying us for 2015 and 2017 visits, and our other @ OOCs in those years are SMU. So, what's the harm?

(2) Just buy out of it
Does this hurt? Yes. But, other schools have done it in the past and survived. We've got more bowl money coming in the future from our new conference. So, if we have to go this route, many the financial blow is softened a little bit by that.

This thing can be fixed. There is plenty of time. The year OU got stuck with going to UTEP, someone backed out on them in, if I remember correctly, February or March, just about half a year before the game was scheduled. So, Rick has plenty of time to remedy the 2015 schedule dilemma.

Would have satisfy you, if he could get Tennessee moved and an OOC home game to replace it?

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Also, at to the 2015 schedule:

One of the away games is at SMU. So, we're not talking about having to have fans travel far to it. It's a cheap away game to go to. Get Tennessee moved, and you are looking at only Iowa as a long trip. And, even that trip is in the same time zone.

So...

...relax and see whether or not Rick can get this thing fixed up for ya. I bet he does...or, my name isn't Orville Redenbacher!

Also, at to the 2015 schedule:

One of the away games is at SMU. So, we're not talking about having to have fans travel far to it. It's a cheap away game to go to. Get Tennessee moved, and you are looking at only Iowa as a long trip. And, even that trip is in the same time zone.

So...

...relax and see whether or not Rick can get this thing fixed up for ya. I bet he does...or, my name isn't Orville Redenbacher!

Now I know you are trolling me.

Well done.

Basketball? Would you trade the new facilities we have in all sports, take Fouts back, if God himself appeared and said, "I'll give your UNT basketball program a place in the NCAA tournament every season until the day you die your earthly death if you give your shiny new facilities back?"

Umm... Yeah.

Am I the only one?

No, you aren't...because interest, attendance and season ticket sales would bring us shiny new facilities in time anyway

Right, along with a nice slice of money from the NCAA basketball tournament.

This AD is backward thinking. That was on full display in the podcast. RV doesn't seem to get that brining a regional P5 power to UNT would create a buzz among not only UNT alums, but alums from other universities that live in DFW that UNT has finally put its big boy football pants on and is changing their approach to college football.

Plus, we might actually sell out a game at Apogee.

Sad thing is UNT is doing the exact opposite. That was made clear last night when RV said he would rather get paid to play a P5 on the road than to do a 1 and 1.

And, yes, that is exactly what he said. Go back and listen to the podcast if you don't believe me.

Is he really all that different than Helwig when it comes to scheduling?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Regarding your kids. Give them a raise on their allowance and tell them that the new policy is, (excluding birthdays and Christmas), all new toys are coming out of their allowance.

Regarding Rick loving the fan base like you love your kids.........you have GOT to be kidding......... <_< I'd have an easier time believing that Sharknados really are a possible weather phenomenon .

And finally. Rick did not get us Apogee, the SGA (led by UNTFlyer) did,

• Upvote 4

Just because I like to add fuel to the fire :

https://twitter.com/collierszlive/status/497412386014625792

But, but, but...

RV is such a nice guy.

He seems to think a new conference and new stadium doesn't necessarily come with increased expectations from the fan base.

It should.

It would at other universities in CUSA.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1