"Remember the Apogee" T-shirt

Ben Gooding

Our win over you was no more of an upset than your win against Rice.

I know admitting that a 3 year old program belongs on the same field as UNT is a tough pill to swallow though, so Ill cut you some slack.

That's debatable.

ULM once beat Arkansas.

I'm not saying we're SEC quality. We're not, at all. But does ULM belong on the field with SEC? Hell no.

But "one game does not a seaaon make."

• Upvote 1

Our win over you was no more of an upset than your win against Rice.

I know admitting that a 3 year old program belongs on the same field as UNT is a tough pill to swallow though, so Ill cut you some slack.

NT was favored in both games. But since you're from a branch campus, I'll cut you some slack on the math.

• Upvote 3

That's debatable.

ULM once beat Arkansas.

I'm not saying we're SEC quality. We're not, at all. But does ULM belong on the field with SEC? Hell no.

But "one game does not a seaaon make."

So youre not SEC quality but youre bringing up an example that includes an SEC team? Great logic there, genius. Your music school background is showing.

NT was favored in both games. But since you're from a branch campus, I'll cut you some slack on the math.

Youre going off what Vegas had to say? They favored us against Rice too and I wouldnt call their win over us a "major upset".

You are in the same conference as us, finished with the same conference record, lost head to head therefore finished behind us in the division standings. Head to head against the other Top 3 members of of the division you went 1-2, we went 2-1. I'm sorry but that doesnt exactly scream out superiority to me. Keep being delusional though, like I said I understand why you wouldnt want to accept the simple truth that a 3 year old program has caught up to you.

• Upvote 2

Did I mention the LaTech fans have been on the block much longer and know how to understand the ebbs & flows of NCAA football?

I don't think they would consider a regular season game against UNT as their Super Bowl and troll GMG.com for any mention of their school.

Gets it.

MeanGreenTexan is a straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

• Upvote 1

Did I mention the LaTech fans have been on the block much longer and know how to understand the ebbs & flows of NCAA football?

I don't think they would consider a regular season game against UNT as their Super Bowl and troll GMG.com for any mention of their school.

Too bad we can't give more than one "up" vote.

It may not do it for you, but a lot of football fans in Texas will buy into 2 Texas football teams going at it.

I can see la tech being a rivalry too. The whole Texas/Louisiana thing and the location.

Theres still a whole lot of fans that keep up and root for Texas teams. We all know lots of these types of fans. As long as UTSA wins, they will be a rival. Like it or not.

It is bad business to not market it that way. Whats the use in having a team in Texas if you arent going to play it up. Rice vs UNT on Halloween...im sure it had a lot to do with two Texas teams.

Disagree with some of this.

Additionally, I think rivalries fuel marketing...not the other way around.

I stopped visiting this thread for about a week because I don't ever want to temper enthusiasm, even if I don't agree with it. MeanGreenTexan has made this thread a daily go-to again.

I can see UTSA being the next MTSU or NMSU: conference affiliation and competitive battles give this meaning and excitement. But at the end of a conference era, membership will go separate ways and the next generation of fans won't know we ever played football. To get there, though, the games will need a heck of a lot more substance than the crap football played in the first game.