2014 North Texas Football Schedule

All About UNT

Yes, it does. I think the catch is that you can only count 1 win against FCS opponents towards your bowl eligibility per year.

That is correct.

I think the other catch is that you can't count an FCS win towards your bowl eligibility in back to back years.

No, that's not right. Plenty of teams (think K-State, several SEC schools) play an FCS opponent every year, and they certainly wouldn't do that if it might prevent them from reaching bowl eligibility.

But something about what you're saying sounds vaguely familiar . . . I think you must be confusing it with some other rule, though.

2014 will be my first year as a student at North Texas. I was already excited when I got accepted, but in the mix of the football team's rise: it makes me more restless! I wish I could have attended the Heart of Dallas Bowl, but plan on attending every home game. Plus, I wouldn't mind taking trips to Austin, Houston and San Antonio.

As for the "rivalry" with UTSA, I hope it happens. I have a friend who will be attending UTSA and still hasn't let me forget the Roadrunners cost North Texas a berth in the Conference USA Championship Game.

Welcome to the board, and welcome to UNT!

As for your comments about a rivalry with UTSA . . . well, you're entitled to your opinion.

Yes, it does. I think the catch is that you can only count 1 win against FCS opponents towards your bowl eligibility per year. I think the other catch is that you can't count an FCS win towards your bowl eligibility in back to back years. So scheduling an FCS opponent in 2015 may not be in the cards. A lower rated FBS opponent like Idaho would be preferable anyways, for bringing a team in for one game.

Gary Patterson's first year as TCU's HFC they played NCAA 1-AA (now FCS) Northwestern State from Nachitoches, Louisiana, and got beat. You gotta' watch out for some of these teams at the lower level.

Also, for the 1st time in recent memory, we are not playing a home game on Texas-OU weekend (thankgod!)

We play at UAB on 10/11.

And also no home game the same weekend as the NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway - Nov. 2nd.

But... UT is playing UCLA at JerryWorld on Sep. 13th. :(

Edited by Stix
  • Upvote 1

2014 will be my first year as a student at North Texas. I was already excited when I got accepted, but in the mix of the football team's rise: it makes me more restless! I wish I could have attended the Heart of Dallas Bowl, but plan on attending every home game. Plus, I wouldn't mind taking trips to Austin, Houston and San Antonio.

As for the "rivalry" with UTSA, I hope it happens. I have a friend who will be attending UTSA and still hasn't let me forget the Roadrunners cost North Texas a berth in the Conference USA Championship Game.

Welcome!!!

The 2014 schedule has 14 playing weeks, which provides for two open dates for each team. The schedule is a one-year model, meaning that as the conference lineup changes for the 2015 season with the addition of Charlotte, opponents may change and locations of games for that season are not yet determined.

The 2014 schedule complies with C-USA scheduling policies as approved by the Board of Directors in October, 2007. In addition, the schedule provides the following:

• All teams start and finish their Conference schedule with two games of one at home and one away;
  • No team plays back-to-back conference road games in consecutive weeks;
  • The majority of schools alternate between home and away conference games throughout the schedule; and
  • Each of the schools primary and secondary special date requests were fulfilled.

Good God, why do we get both of the crappy Florida teams?

I am in Florida right now about a hundred miles north of

Boca Raton. I can't understand your lack of respect for the two Florida schools. Both have kicked our butts in recent years. FAU was bowl eligible in 2013. They are both great road trips and there never has been a D-1Florida school that did not eventually succeed. I personally think that over time they will be better than the other C-USA Texas teams. I will disrespect no one on our schedule as we've been on the other end of that equation for too many years!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Possible big party on Friday, November 28th, at the Westin Riverwalk for the pre-UTSA football game party and river lighting river parade viewing at the same time. The river will be looking great with all the Christmas lights hanging down from the trees for the event. Thanksgiving weekend too!

More on this later as I get the OK for things.

Question: how many will like to have a party the night prior to the game. They are questioning me about numbers. The room we looked at will have room to seat about 130 or so. We will be on the second floor with all the balconies for viewing the parade/ river. What do you think the attendance will be on that weekend for the game/party?

Need a band? Dancing? I have wiggle room on some things being its only March.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

tumblr_lxxta74Ik41r76lino1_400.gif

Just kidding. Welcome to the board MeanGreenMatt. I knew putting the spaces in my screen name would come back to haunt me. DAMN OCD! Keep your talons off my avatar. :)

Possible big party on Friday, November 28th, at the Westin Riverwalk for the pre-UTSA football game party and river lighting river parade viewing at the same time. The river will be looking great with all the Christmas lights hanging down from the trees for the event. Thanksgiving weekend too!

More on this later as I get the OK for things.

Question: how many will like to have a party the night prior to the game. They are questioning me about numbers. The room we looked at will have room to seat about 130 or so. We will be on the second floor with all the balconies for viewing the parade/ river. What do you think the attendance will be on that weekend for the game/party?

Need a band? Dancing? I have wiggle room on some things being its only March.

Awesome.

Wife & I plan on going ( As long as we have 5 + wins going into the game)

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

tumblr_lxxta74Ik41r76lino1_400.gif

Just kidding. Welcome to the board MeanGreenMatt. I knew putting the spaces in my screen name would come back to haunt me. DAMN OCD! Keep your talons off my avatar. :)

there's only 1 Mean Green Matt in my book!!

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...