GMG.com St. Patrick's Day Parade in Dallas

greenjoe

I know everyone is fired up about the HOD Bowl game, but I'd like to see the GOMEANGREEN.COM family of posters come together and put an entry in the 2014 St. Patrick's Day Parade in Dallas. St.P Day is Monday March 15.

If we start thinking about this now, we can get entered, and bring out some green and maybe some HOD posters to decorate cars or trucks or maybe a cool green bus.

Just a thought at this point but I think it would be fun to make this an annual event.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

I know everyone is fired up about the HOD Bowl game, but I'd like to see the GOMEANGREEN.COM family of posters come together and put an entry in the 2014 St. Patrick's Day Parade in Dallas. St.P Day is Monday March 15.

If we start thinking about this now, we can get entered, and bring out some green and maybe some HOD posters to decorate cars or trucks or maybe a cool green bus.

Just a thought at this point but I think it would be fun to make this an annual event.

GO MEAN GREEN

You might double check your date, greenjoe. St. Patrick's Day is always the 17th, and "The Greenville Ave. St. Patrick’s Parade is traditionally held the Saturday preceding St. Patrick’s Day, March 17th around 11:00 am."

http://www.greenvilleave.org/st-patricks-day/

40 miles max is what I heard was being predicted. Anyone know if they ever got the brakes finally fixed? It's been three months.

Rick

Doubtful. Missed most of the football season. Brake issues on a car that isn't really driven…..just …parked. Poor car need better owners.

This is a great idea. We have annual threads about things we can do as fans to market the team and this is the best idea I've seen yet.

Low cost, easy to do, and it involves tailgating.

Couple of thoughts. This could be a fund raiser of GMG.com, assumming Harry and Co. want to do this.

Management Team (GMG.com): signs up for the float spot, sets up registration/donation paypal style account.

Construction Team (Volunteers): truck to pull the float, the float, decorates the float, transports the float to the parade.

Riding Team (Paid members): Pays $50* per rider to cover float construction costs, throws/give-a-ways, and GMG.com banner.

*construction team members can be given a rider discount.

Donations (anyone): As part of the registration/donation system folks should be able to donate funds to help defer cost and increase the number of throws/give-a-ways.

I'm down to help build, ride, and donate. So PM me to get this started.

This is a great idea. We have annual threads about things we can do as fans to market the team and this is the best idea I've seen yet.

Low cost, easy to do, and it involves tailgating.

Couple of thoughts. This could be a fund raiser of GMG.com, assumming Harry and Co. want to do this.

Management Team (GMG.com): signs up for the float spot, sets up registration/donation paypal style account.

Construction Team (Volunteers): truck to pull the float, the float, decorates the float, transports the float to the parade.

Riding Team (Paid members): Pays $50* per rider to cover float construction costs, throws/give-a-ways, and GMG.com banner.

*construction team members can be given a rider discount.

Donations (anyone): As part of the registration/donation system folks should be able to donate funds to help defer cost and increase the number of throws/give-a-ways.

I'm down to help build, ride, and donate. So PM me to get this started.

Based on Greenville Avenue Area Business Association (GAABA) website application for last year:

The Greenville St. Patrick's Day Parade should be Saturday, March 15th.

The deadline to sign up for the parade should be February 25th.

The entry fee is $500 for non-profits, $1,000 for everyone else. $200 for a second float.

• Upvote 1

I hear the Mean Green Tailgating Machine has a driving radius of 10 miles

Really? Rudy's asked us if we could park it their this year. As Soundman said, it has made more than a 10 mile trip with no problem and has even made a trip to Irving (on the tollways for that matter) with no problem and above the speed limit.

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 1

Really? Rudy's asked us if we could park it their this year. As Soundman said, it has made more than a 10 mile trip with no problem and has even made a trip to Irving (on the tollways for that matter) with no problem and above the speed limit.

Just make sure that jumper cables and extra cans of gas are readily available... :thumbsu:

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...