Your #1 Mean Green Christmas Wish List Request For Santa

PlummMeanGreen

There are many wishes from me but this one for sure:

For Coach McCarney to peruse the assistant football coaching staffs of UL and ULM and hire the best assistant coach but moreso, the "one" most celebrated recruiter extraordinaire between both school's staffs after Coach Mac's research to determine who that one assistant coach (and top recruiter) would be.

Reason For This? Wouldn't some agree that we need to upgrade our state of Louisiana/Deep South recruiting? Might it be that 2 or 3 recruits from that region could make a huge difference in any annual recruiting class at North Texas? (I mean it's not that that the Louisiana schools are hardly ignoring the state of Texas recruiting fields to sign some of our best).

*This all contingent if UNT even has an opening for such a hire; that is, if we lose an assistant or 2 who get hired away from us after our bowl game thus leaving an opening on our staff for such a hire.

Just One More, Santa...

This kind of pre-game Apogee Stadium entrance for "OUR" Mean Green football team In the near future &:

Put Denton, Texas, America On The Richter Scale!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2cvTkw9rZ0

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

I could care less if we recruit Louisiana well or not. I love the attention to and the success we are having in Dallas/Fort Worth, East Texas and Southeast Texas. These three areas have much, much, much more talent than Louisiana ever thought about having, so keep our attention focused on these areas.

My wish would be for our alumni base to wake up and fully support this team. The alumni I am referring to are the DFW area alums that have been asleep for years, those that graduate prior to 2000 and rarely tasted success. Wish 1A would be for these alumni to reconnect with UNT, join the MGC, purchase season tickets and fill Apogee to the rafters creating a waiting list for tickets and the need to fast track plans to expand Apogee.

Wish #2 would be for Denton, the city/county governments and the citizens at large, to get on board and make North Texas Denton's team and end the mindless fighting every time UNT decides to expand, add facilities of any kind, etc...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ryan has had a very impressive season. Dude is an unsung hero and really has played his butt off this year.

It's unfortunate that we don't give him the full appreciation he deserves, but I know Orr and those linebackers appreciate your son to death.

Mr. Boutwell, speaking of Ryan since I think he deserves that title, has probably gone through more than any of the seniors, is definitely an unsung hero. Asked to play out of position at DT at a more normal for him 248 lbs., and not one complaint and he has held his own and succeeded. My hat is off to Ryan Boutwell, not only for this year, but for his entire career. If anyone is deserving of this bowl game it is him.

My top 10 gifts for UNT Christmas, 2013

10) A flying worm t-shirt that isn't a shirt of a helmet on a shirt.

9) The proper shade of green on my toenails for my new years day pedi.

8) A fake moustache from Paschall's, but dyed green and without the skinny jeans.

7) A memorial wall for the millions of birds who've given their lives to the electrical needs of Apogee...

6) ...which is earthquake proof and resistant to the collateral damage of the fracking well next door

5) Tony's hot, steaming balls in a bucket

4) A guarantee that there will be a fried chicken concession at the bowl game

3) A ground breaking ceremony on the Todd Dodge Indoor Practice Facility, funded by the Southlake Dragons booster club of Houston

2) A Richard Abbe diving over the line touchdown in the bowl game a la Richard Perry in Super Bowl XX

1) Pie...I mean, c'mon. Who doesn't love pie?

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2

That UNT appears in the HEART OF DALLAS BOWL against a quality opponent.

I think that would help tremendously with:

My wish would be for our alumni base to wake up and fully support this team. The alumni I am referring to are the DFW area alums that have been asleep for years, those that graduate prior to 2000 and rarely tasted success. Wish 1A would be for these alumni to reconnect with UNT, join the MGC, purchase season tickets and fill Apogee to the rafters creating a waiting list for tickets and the need to fast track plans to expand Apogee.

I'm with you on that wish 110%, UNTLifer.

We weren't very good prior to 2000 and Fouts was a dump. I still went to a lot of games, but was definitley in the minority.