Idaho (11/22/13)

CMJ

If CJ and Jordan can play like they are capable of and have before in the past few years we will be in line for a lot of wins this season... But as of now it's looking very dim :/

By God in heaven you've watched the program Johnny built you have got balls saying that, you have got balls saying that Andrew, you have got real nerves saying that you have got nerves saying that! That is utter unbelievable nerve. Nerve! That is nerve!
The whole audio is a great listen but if you listen start listening at the 6:40 mark it's a treat and all I can think of is Andrew when I'm listening tot hat caller.
  • Upvote 3

It's that much to say that CJ is not playing like a point guard and that he can play better? Really... I'm not bashing the kid but his minutes should be at the pg position but as of now Alzee has taken a lot of those minutes. Really not of line there. It is a fact. CJ has been a bit loose with the ball this year but I know he can bring it back, and when he does we should see some W's.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lots of blame to go around and someone in practice needs to be emphasizing defense. That is obvious. Until I see them practice I will not know where all the blame goes. Lots of things going wrong this season but every game leaves a slight hope at the very end. If we could play the whole game like we do the last 5 minutes we would be a very good team. Maybe we need an extra 5 on the clock haha

Am I suppose to come up with something...? It sucks. We have promise but as of now it sucks. I was thinking we start the season 4-2 maybe 3-3.... So we need this one and it's just not happening.

So, when players have talent that doesn't translate to the floor, whose fault would that be, Andrew?

• Upvote 1

People, people... Let's not fight.

This Benford Era could be over before we know it. If he gets fired midseason, do we want our last memories of this to be of us all fighting and arguing?

Let's cherish it while it lasts. It's practically a miracle to be brought this low this fast. Marvel at it! It's like we're witnessing the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs, live and in person!

So, when players have talent that doesn't translate to the floor, whose fault would that be, Andrew?

I would think a mix of both. It is their job on the floor to perform and the coaches job to prepare them. It's a mix of both. We can all agree tonight was a pretty poor showing. Yet the last x5 minutes every game we someone decide we want to win...

I've been one to try and give Benford some leeway. This is still early in the season and there's a lot of basketball left to be played.

I gotta say this though-- hearing Benford in post game state that he and his coaches told the players they had to defend the three is getting old. His job is not just to tell them what to do but to get them to execute.

Blaming the players? Benford? Really?

Shocked.

I mean, he even got RV to but into it.

Seriously, if this is what he is doing, he will lose the player's trust and this whole thing will melt down just like last year. Maybe then some will finally see the common denominator in this whole deal.

Edited by UNT90

I would think a mix of both. It is their job on the floor to perform and the coaches job to prepare them. It's a mix of both. We can all agree tonight was a pretty poor showing. Yet the last x5 minutes every game we someone decide we want to win...

No, Andrew, that is the other team just running out the clock.

Good god.

• Upvote 2