Rangers trade news

https://twitter.com/BarfieldRage/status/407973925717438464/photo/1

https://twitter.com/stopthewave/status/407969034949246976/photo/1

Who will I show my kids on the field and tell them to be like? A brown!!!???

Not in my States of America.

"JD is probably too young to remember this,but I remember what Yu Darvish's granddaddy did to Pearl Harbor." Fake Nolan Ryan
  • Upvote 4

Joe Nathan is going to Detroit, and AJ is going to the Red Sox. They also traded Craig Gentry today to the A's for Michael Choice!

This is why I MIGHT spend the money to go to ONE game a year. Piss On 'Em!

Rick

You want a franchise that falls in love with and over-valued players past their prime, there is one that is literally down the street from The Ballpark that is just what you are looking for.

Churning the roster, concentrate on pitching, and getting younger and better bats is what this team needs to do. and they sare doing it.

It does suck for the kiddos. 2 of their fan favorites gone in a couple of years.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4

You want a franchise that falls in love with and over-valued players past their prime, there is one that is literally down the street from The Ballpark that is just what you are looking for.

Churning the roster, concentrate on pitching, and getting younger and better bats is what this team needs to do. and they sare doing it.

It does suck for the kiddos. 2 of their fan favorites gone in a couple of years.

I just get tired of the turnover to the point we just don't go as much any more.

It's not like changing players the past tree years has improved anything.

So again, piss on 'em.

Rick

• Downvote 8

I just get tired of the turnover to the point we just don't go as much any more.

It's not like changing players the past tree years has improved anything.

So again, piss on 'em.

Rick

What specific turnover are you talking about from previous seasons? You'd be ok with giving Josh 125 million? Do you initially overpay Napoli like Boston was going to do last year when he can't catch anymore and you're putting your hopes on Mitch? Yes it all turned out well for Boston but after his super hot start he came back to reality and was what he's been most of his career. Do you want Michael Young back? I loved his service here but there wasn't anymore room for him anymore and the only way Wash couldn't play him anymore was for JD to get rid of him.

I'm just really curious as to why you think the turnover has been for the worse.

Remember we still have one of the best pitching staffs in the league. Let's not forget the guy who should be the face of the franchise for the next decade plus in Elvis. How about the greatness of Belts? Still a top 5 minor league system. Still a butt load of money in a top 4 media market. Oh and I can't believe I forgot to mention the Prince Fielder acquisition. And we haven't even reached winter meetings yet. JD is far from done.

I'm sorry but it's a hell of a time to be a Rangers fan right now.

• Upvote 4

What specific turnover are you talking about from previous seasons? You'd be ok with giving Josh 125 million? Do you initially overpay Napoli like Boston was going to do last year when he can't catch anymore and you're putting your hopes on Mitch? Yes it all turned out well for Boston but after his super hot start he came back to reality and was what he's been most of his career. Do you want Michael Young back? I loved his service here but there wasn't anymore room for him anymore and the only way Wash couldn't play him anymore was for JD to get rid of him.

I'm just really curious as to why you think the turnover has been for the worse.

Remember we still have one of the best pitching staffs in the league. Let's not forget the guy who should be the face of the franchise for the next decade plus in Elvis. How about the greatness of Belts? Still a top 5 minor league system. Still a butt load of money in a top 4 media market. Oh and I can't believe I forgot to mention the Prince Fielder acquisition. And we haven't even reached winter meetings yet. JD is far from done.

I'm sorry but it's a hell of a time to be a Rangers fan right now.

It's my opinion that I don't give a shit about what free agency has done to baseball. It's allowed teams like New York to make a mockery out of it. I just get sick of it. Go and get your jibbies over it all you want. For me, I'm learning not to care anymore.

Rick

• Downvote 6

Why does time advance? Why do players get old? Why didn't Curt Flood just jump into traffic? Why must we be able to measure declines and player value better than ever before? What is WAR? Where is Captain Sorensen? Why are prospects so uncertain? Why do guys who can't win with one roster fit better with well constructed teams? What is Moneyball? Can I have a Moneyball? Who does Billy Beane think he is? What does Peter Gammons know? What in the heck is a Baseball Prospectus? Why should I care? Who am I? Is it cold? Global Warming, amirite? When did gum get so soft? Will having a competitive team with no guarantees and flexibility be worth it if we never win? Do I have a corresponding idea for a move? No, but I hate everything I see.

• Upvote 4

It's my opinion that I don't give a shit about what free agency has done to baseball. It's allowed teams like New York to make a mockery out of it. I just get sick of it. Go and get your jibbies over it all you want. For me, I'm learning not to care anymore.

Rick

That is totally fine and you're entitled to your opinion. We're having a discussion about baseball that is all. I gave you my thoughts and opinions and you said you wanted to piss on the Rangers. I simply wanted to know what things specifically did you or do you not agree with in terms of the decisions they made and why.

Not really sure how the Yankees have made a mockery of free agency. They're not breaking any rules. The market is dictating salaries in baseball. While I do think the salaries are crazy in the sport, the market is dictating what these players are making.

I guess I go back to thinking that this team has won 90+ games the last 4 seasons including 2 WS appearances. And despite all the crap and holes this team had in 2013 they still managed 91 wins. Yes they didn't win the division but I've accepted the fact that Oakland is one heck of a team. In all my years of being a die hard Rangers fan I just can't be anything but positive of what's happened since JD took over, what's happening now, and what's going to continue to happen with this ownership and front office. And again I hate to bring this up again but the winter deals are far from over. Lots of activity that will go on.

The foundation is in place and super strong IMO. Hopefully once they start winning more games on the field you'll reconsider and have the desire to watch the great game at the temple.

He had a lot of promise just a few years ago that just never panned out in Toronto. He can't play defense worth a lick but if he finds his bat then he may turn out to be something. I remember Texas having interest in a while back and even in some trade talks. As a last resort option I certainly do not mind him. Hopefully Alfaro continues to be on the fast track development wise tho he's still realistically at the very least a year and a half away of sniffing the bigs.

Rick

So, for a realistic summary...you hate what free agency has done to baseball and salaries, but you're pissed we didn't keep the expensive free agents at high salaries?

• Upvote 3

You mean like watching my favorite player labeled all washed up and leave to go win a World Series with the Royals? Nah, I would t know anything a out that.

Rick

Sundberg was my favorite player at the time also, but he still went to KC and hit .245. He wasn't going to be the major factor behind the Rangers winning a World Series at that time. He was a good, servicable player on a bad team, Rangers, that go the opportunity to join an established club, the Royals, and be a part of a World Championship team. George Brett, Hal McCrae, Willie Wilson, etc... and a great pitching staff won that WS. Good for Sunny, because the ownership group of the Rangers were idiots.

• Upvote 2

Sundberg was my favorite player at the time also, but he still went to KC and hit .245. He wasn't going to be the major factor behind the Rangers winning a World Series at that time. He was a good, servicable player on a bad team, Rangers, that go the opportunity to join an established club, the Royals, and be a part of a World Championship team. George Brett, Hal McCrae, Willie Wilson, etc... and a great pitching staff won that WS. Good for Sunny, because the ownership group of the Rangers were idiots.

I suppose what you guys feel about Sunny is what I thought when Pudge left from here. He's my favorite Ranger ever. To this day I actually still am a little bitter. He should have never worn another uniform but Hicks and John Hart ran him out. That being said however it was the best for Pudge to go elsewhere and be the integral part in the Marlins championship the next season and have some good years in Detroit.

Luckily this organization has a great ownership group and front office team where winning baseball should be able to continue for the foreseeable future with a very strong nucleus and farm system in place. Many of us forget what this organization used to be.

They'll still suck.

Seattle isn't far from competing IMO. Just need a few more of their young bucks to figure it out and have their pitching improve. Cano is going to hate the fact that he goes from playing in a cupcake RF 81 times a year to Safeco. Seattle has money and isn't a small market. Also a great sports town.

So, for a realistic summary...you hate what free agency has done to baseball and salaries, but you're pissed we didn't keep the expensive free agents at high salaries?

I want a salary cap. It's helped footbal, it might bring back interest in baseball? Not sure?

Luckily we have Little League, high school and junior college ball here where I live. The Ranger game is about 8th or 9th down on my list of things to do during the summer.

Rick

I want a salary cap. It's helped footbal, it might bring back interest in baseball? Not sure?

Luckily we have Little League, high school and junior college ball here where I live. The Ranger game is about 8th or 9th down on my list of things to do during the summer.

Rick

Yes, lets have a salary cap, revenue sharing, and redistribute the wealth. Commie.

• Upvote 2

Rick

So you don't care, yet you feel compelled to keep coming to this thread and talking about the subject.

• Upvote 3

Robinson Cano to Seattle. 10 years 240 million.

Thank you Seattle for this move. You will officially suck for the foreseeable future. What a desperate move by them.

As far as the Choo - Cruz debate. I'm on team Cruz. I look at them as players and I think Choo is slightly better, but I have a soft spot in my heart for Cruz, and I think he is clutch when it matters.

Thank you Seattle for this move. You will officially suck for the foreseeable future. What a desperate move by them.

As far as the Choo - Cruz debate. I'm on team Cruz. I look at them as players and I think Choo is slightly better, but I have a soft spot in my heart for Cruz, and I think he is clutch when it matters.

Seattle may not be far away either. They've never been afraid to spend money. It's a great sports market and town as well.

Choo is a great fit here. Ideally I'd like them to both sign Cruz and Choo but the issue is that Nelly has already stated that he wants to play the OF. Maybe they can bag both and have Nelly be a DH and fill-in OF'er multiple times a week. I'm not hopeful they'll be able to pull that off but you never know.