OK We Have a Gentleman's Wager with RowdyTalk.com!

Harry

I think what he wrote didn't come out as intended. UTSA has like 3 or 4 seniors starting and not many on their roster. They have 40+ juniors listed, so they should be pretty good next year if they can replace Soza.

Yes next year will be good for UTSA however in 2015 after UTSA graduates the 40+ seniors we will struggle similar to what La Tech is going through this year

We are a new program still cash strapped and...

You mean North Texas might actually be a little ahead of UTSA? According to most of your posters you are at our level and about to zoom past us. The fact that North Texas can in fact pull such of such a commitment, while you guys can't buy a cannon because the city won't let you fire it in THIER stadium should prove there is still a gap.

...looking to move quickly to develop facilities that rival any Division 1 school.

Aren't you the guy who posted that you hoped the school could afford a Kibbie Dome in twenty years? Did you mean any facilities in 1-AA? Because I agree a Kibbie Dome in twenty years will really give you a leg up on Lamar.

Rudy...in 2008 the law was changed for veterans.

Veterans are now encouraged to salute during the National Anthem.

http://www1.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=1609

That may be the new law, but I as a veteran, I can't stand guys that salute.

When we were in, if you were out of uniform, you put your hand over your heart. If you're not in uniform, or not wearing a cover, don't be nasty and salute.

Former President Bush came to UNT a few years ago, and I came in my dress blues. A bunch of the veterans saluted during the national anthem, but I, as per protocol, just stood at the position of attention because I wasn't wearing a cover. I was cringing for them the whole time. Saluting without a uniform or without a cover just looks nasty.

• Upvote 1

You mean North Texas might actually be a little ahead of UTSA? According to most of your posters you are at our level and about to zoom past us. The fact that North Texas can in fact pull such of such a commitment, while you guys can't buy a cannon because the city won't let you fire it in THIER stadium should prove there is still a gap.

Aren't you the guy who posted that you hoped the school could afford a Kibbie Dome in twenty years? Did you mean any facilities in 1-AA? Because I agree a Kibbie Dome in twenty years will really give you a leg up on Lamar.

North Texas is ahead especially in facilities and athletic budget but UTSA is already moving to catch up with other CUSA schools. I was simply refuting you comment that Alamodome is nothing to brag about when it is currently a low-cost and effective facility that UTSA can have for as long as they want

I believe I stated that I wanted something similar to the Kibbie Dome but not nearly as small. I personally like that outdoor/covered stadium design.

That may be the new law, but I as a veteran, I can't stand guys that salute.

When we were in, if you were out of uniform, you put your hand over your heart. If you're not in uniform, or not wearing a cover, don't be nasty and salute.

Former President Bush came to UNT a few years ago, and I came in my dress blues. A bunch of the veterans saluted during the national anthem, but I, as per protocol, just stood at the position of attention because I wasn't wearing a cover. I was cringing for them the whole time. Saluting without a uniform or without a cover just looks nasty.

It's unfortunate that you do not understand the reason why a law was made to allow it.

Fortunately, it's still your right to place your hand over your heart rather than salute.

I only ask that you recognize that the veterans that choose to salute are not doing it out of disrespect.

North Texas is ahead especially in facilities and athletic budget but UTSA is already moving to catch up with other CUSA schools.

I think that is all anyone on this board he ever wanted to hear. Very different story on RT where people are saying NT is not worthy of being UTSA's rival.

I believe I stated that I wanted something similar to the Kibbie Dome but not nearly as small. I personally like that outdoor/covered stadium design.

If you had ever been to the Kibbie Dome, you would know you want nothing like it.

It's unfortunate that you do not understand the reason why a law was made to allow it.

Fortunately, it's still your right to place your hand over your heart rather than salute.

I only ask that you recognize that the veterans that choose to salute are not doing it out of disrespect.

I understand that it seems like a cheap ploy by Congress to smooze veterans.

I wouldn't put forward that any veterans that choose to salute improperly are being disrespectetful, just inappropriate and nasty.

I understand that it seems like a cheap ploy by Congress to smooze veterans.

I wouldn't put forward that any veterans that choose to salute improperly are being disrespectetful, just inappropriate and nasty.

Hundreds of veterans worked many years to get the right to salute the flag their brothers and sisters died for. It is your actions that are inappropriate and nasty.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I think that is all anyone on this board he ever wanted to hear. Very different story on RT where people are saying NT is not worthy of being UTSA's rival.

If you had ever been to the Kibbie Dome, you would know you want nothing like it.

Too bad all the facilities and budget did was earn UNT a seat in CUSA, just like UTSA. I wonder who will call us up when we are done with our facilities? Can't wait to leave UNT behind tbh.

Hundreds of veterans worked many years to get the right to salute the flag their brothers and sisters died for. It is your actions that are inappropriate and nasty.

Agreed. So don't go smearing it by saluting inappropriately just so you can say "HEY! LOOK AT ME. I'M A VETERAN"!

Real veterans know what they did. They don't have to pass laws so everyone pays attention to them in a crowd everytime the national anthem plays

• Upvote 3

Too bad all the facilities and budget did was earn UNT a seat in CUSA, just like UTSA. I wonder who will call us up when we are done with our facilities? Can't wait to leave UNT behind tbh.

Lolz.

You guys will be drawing 8k in a couple of years.

Leaving us behind???

Hahahahahahaha

You lose Orr, Abee, Chancellor and Thompson along with about 20 other seniors. You should worry about maintaining your own success before worrying about UTSA, little girl.

See, that's just it. There are more than enough contributing Sophomores and Juniors on our team that I seriously do not expect the least bit of drop off next year.

• Upvote 3