Here's what worries me about UTSA

Harry

Lol... Nice one... zing!

I am somewhat concerned about your defense in reality. Marshall is ranked toward the top of CUSA defensively as is UNT. Marshall did keep us in check... although that game did come off what was a disappointing loss that should've been a milestone win. I think the team was down in the dumps, on top of traveling to a tough stadium... and also missing one of our main playmakers.

Coming into the UNT game, the boys are on a high, and coming off the bye week, they'll be ready to roll. UNT should see the best of what UTSA has to offer.

Better go check your stats. Marshall is pretty bad on defense. I think they are towards the bottom in total defense. Like 10th.

Exactly. Right now we respect UNT, but you guys seemingly have ZERO respect for UTSA. We'll have to earn it, just like we've earned it every single step of the way (in our wins AND losses).

Here is what you don't understand, kitty.

Even if the seas part on the 26th and a miracle win happens for UTSA (it won't), that still earns you zero respect.

You want respect? Raise money for an on canpus stadium. Build one. Upgrade your other terrible facilities. Do anything besides possess a TV market to show that you belong in this conference.

But no, you have to raise money from donors for a fountain. A FOUNTAIN!!!'

I figure if I say this 1,000,000,000,000 more times, your tiny little Roadkill brain will finally process the message.

#maybetooootimistic

Edited by UNT90

Even if the seas part on the 26th and a miracle win happens for UTSA (it won't), that still earns you zero respect.

You want respect? Raise money for an on canpus stadium. Build one. Upgrade your other terrible facilities. Do anything besides possess a TV market to show that you belong in this conference.

I figure if I say this 1,000,000,000,000 more times, your tiny little Roadkill brain will finally process the message.

#maybetooootimistic

Okay... I meant respect from rational people... like the football team and coaches, and normal adult UNT fans.

ZB3OtaU.png

Someone on a previous post made this graphic. Of course... the moderator locked it before I got to read it and respond. While it was funny, I did some research, and found that your beloved Mean Green football has only won a total of 4* games against FBS opponents with winning records since 2003.

2013 - Ball State and Rice

2012 - UL-Lafayette

2007 - W. Kentucky*

* W. Kentucky was a transitional FBS school

Source - ESPN

So again, while funny, the graph above would have been better for me, had there been a comparison between the two programs. Next weeks game will either close or widen the gap. I am hoping UTSA wins but I believe UNT is tough this year and wouldn't take that bet. Just wanted to give you guys a little perspective.

Edited by tommybohama

Better go check your stats. Marshall is pretty bad on defense. I think they are towards the bottom in total defense. Like 10th.

Based on total defense (yards per game)

http://www.cfbstats.com/2013/leader/24312/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html

1 East Carolina

2 North Texas

3 Marshall

4 Florida Atlantic

5 Tulane

6 Rice

7 Louisiana Tech

8 UTSA

9 Tulsa

10 Florida International

11 Middle Tennessee

12 Southern Mississippi

13 UTEP

14 UAB

Edited by warcat

1. North Texas 6 499 1125 386 1624 4.2 8 270.7 2. East Carolina 6 660 1129 435 1789 4.1 10 298.2 3. Florida Atlantic 6 887 1008 395 1895 4.8 16 315.8 4. Louisiana Tech 5 625 1119 363 1744 4.8 12 348.8 5. Tulane 6 756 1435 427 2191 5.1 13 365.2 6. UTSA 6 876 1318 436 2194 5.0 14 365.7 7. Rice 5 977 855 362 1832 5.1 10 366.4 8. Tulsa 5 933 1005 363 1938 5.3 16 387.6 9. FIU 5 752 1229 348 1981 5.7 17 396.2 10. Middle Tennessee 6 1234 1238 476 2472 5.2 20 412.0 11. Marshall 5 995 1120 393 2115 5.4 13 423.0 12. UTEP 5 1320 953 326 2273 7.0 23 454.6 13. Southern Miss 5 1126 1325 399 2451 6.1 31 490.2 14. UAB 5 1262 1322 328 2584 7.9 24 516.8

In conference play only they are 11th giving up 423 a game

Edited by Mean_Green09

ZB3OtaU.png

Someone on a previous post made this graphic. Of course... the moderator locked it before I got to read it and respond. While it was funny, I did some research, and found that your beloved Mean Green football has only won a total of 4* games against FBS opponents with winning records since 2003.

2013 - Ball State and Rice

2012 - UL-Lafayette

2007 - W. Kentucky*

* W. Kentucky was a transitional FBS school

Source - ESPN

So again, while funny, the graph above would have been better for me, had there been a comparison between the two programs. Next weeks game will either close or widen the gap. I am hoping UTSA wins but I believe UNT is tough this year and wouldn't take that bet. Just wanted to give you guys a little perspective.

Why limit the North Texas wins to just 10 years? North Texas is celebrating its 100 year anniversary.

Okay... I meant respect from rational people... like the football team and coaches, and normal adult UNT fans.

Really?! How has that whole respect thing been going for you guys with"rational people?"

From the size of the collective chip on y'all's shoulder, I'd say pretty piss poor?

Let me guess, you expect respect after beating Tulsa and Tulane, but all you got was "I can't believe we lost to KFC St. You guys still suck!!!"

Wonder why that is? See my above post. Again. Read slowly (cause that's really all you guys can do, after all). Let every word soak in. And them go do something about it.

You suck now, you'll suck next year, and continue to suck until you build one freaking building.

Just an embarrassment to the conference.

#maybetooootimistic

A young UNT90 (For the sake of the story we'll call him Sally. Such were the wishes of his parents) sits alone in a park, under the watchful eyes of his parents, building facilities he has always dreamed of. Sticks and twigs make up the rather large facility designed to support a future University of North Texas Football team.

"What are you building Sally?" his mom asks sternly.

"A stadium for all of my football players!" answers a suddenly bewildered Sally.

"Son, what have I always preached to you and Mommy about?" his father demands.

Sally stares blanking back at his disapproving father already knowing the consequences of his mistakes.

"IT HAS TO BE ON CAMPUS SALLY!!!" screams his father. His father now has a bulging vein on the side of his right eye. It grows green and pulses as a young Sally cries and pleads his father not to put him in the dark room again. Sally's pleas have gone unheard as the rage of his father has become uncontrollable. His mother falls to her knees knowing their frail little boy may not survive the night.

Hours later Sally is staring into a pitch black room. He's been here before and knows the despair the next 24 hours will bring. He knows the quickest way through it is to sleep and work through his past mistakes to make Daddy happy. He falls asleep surprisingly quickly. He dreams of miraculous on campus stadiums and impressing daddy by persecuting those without them. The desire in his dream become more lurid and creepy as the hours pass. Sally unknowingly prematurely ejaculates to visions of grandeur and images of a winged shape stadium at the endzone of his stadium. He dreams of putting down and condemning others in a virtual community that doesn't exist yet just like his father would do.

Lights flash as the door to the dark room opens. Sally awakes as 24 hours have come and gone in an instant. Sally rises to his feet, pants still wet from his accident, and greets his dad. He walks toward the light reborn. He is no longer Sally. On this day in Denton in 1990, UNT90 is born.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

A young UNT90 (For the sake of the story we'll call him Sally. Such were the wishes of his parents) sits alone in a park, under the watchful eyes of his parents, building facilities he has always dreamed of. Sticks and twigs make up the rather large facility designed to support a future University of North Texas Football team.

"A stadium for all of my football players!" answers a suddenly bewildered Sally.

Sally stares blanking back at his disapproving father already knowing the consequences of his mistakes.

"IT HAS TO BE ON CAMPUS SALLY!!!" screams his father. His father now has a bulging vein on the side of his right eye. It grows green and pulses as a young Sally cries and pleads his father not to put him in the dark room again. Sally's pleas have gone unheard as the rage of his father has become uncontrollable. His mother falls to her knees knowing their frail little boy may not survive the night.

Hours later Sally is staring into a pitch black room. He's been here before and knows the despair the next 24 hours will bring. He knows the quickest way through it is to sleep and work through his past mistakes to make Daddy happy. He falls asleep surprisingly quickly. He dreams of miraculous on campus stadiums and impressing daddy by persecuting those without them. The desire in his dream become more lurid and creepy as the hours pass. Sally unknowingly prematurely ejaculates to visions of grandeur and images of a winged shape stadium at the endzone of his stadium. He dreams of putting down and condemning others in a virtual community that doesn't exist yet just like his father would do.

Lights flash as the door to the dark room opens. Sally awakes as 24 hours have come and gone in an instant. Sally rises to his feet, pants still wet from his accident, and greets his dad. He walks toward the light reborn. He is no longer Sally. On this day in Denton in 1990, UNT90 is born.

What just happened?

Hurts to miss that one.

tumblr_m8t40oVbmM1qbdyg9o3_250.gif

Those creative writing classes down at the rec are really paying off. Either that, or its the crack.

Probably the crack.

Cool story...

I'd give it a C-

Otherwise known as a doctoral thesis at Roadkill U.

• Upvote 2

P0GPM.gif

• Upvote 4

Why limit the North Texas wins to just 10 years? North Texas is celebrating its 100 year anniversary.

Well ESPN only goes back to 2003. Also, to compare the last 100 years is irrelevant. UTSA has only been in existence since 1969. It was meant to shed light on the fact that while UTSA only has 1 win of that nature. UNT has only 3 or 4 in that same time frame... and longer. I was meant as a dig to the original poster and his or her oversight to UNTs own mediocrity.

• Downvote 1

Well ESPN only goes back to 2003. Also, to compare the last 100 years is irrelevant. UTSA has only been in existence since 1969. It was meant to shed light on the fact that while UTSA only has 1 win of that nature. UNT has only 3 or 4 in that same time frame... and longer. I was meant as a dig to the original poster and his or her oversight to UNTs own mediocrity.

Maybe you guys can ask your daddy if you can take the burnt orange out of your color scheme?

I mean, since you are all grown up. Or are you?

elmo-tl_dr.gif

• Upvote 4

Want historical data about just about any college football team, try here --> http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com

Is Plumm aware he's got offspring in San Antonio? You need to work on your varying fonts, sizes, and colors, young man.

• Upvote 1