SI predicts NT to play Texas State...Please NO!

SouthBendGreen

I'm missing something in this scenario. The Heart of Dallas Bowl matches a CUSA team against the seventh pick from the Big 10. Iowa only needs to win one of their last three games to be bowl eligible and would become #7 after Ohio State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, and Nebraska.

That's why it is Sports Illustrated and not Sports Reported.

I'm missing something in this scenario. The Heart of Dallas Bowl matches a CUSA team against the seventh pick from the Big 10. Iowa only needs to win one of their last three games to be bowl eligible and would become #7 after Ohio State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, and Nebraska.

It's the matchup that we wanted vs. Mac's alma mater. Besides, he's experienced at beating the Hawkeyes having beaten them something like four straight times when he was at Iowa State.

Very true. But as mentioned they really need to pick up that win Saturday because they play Purdue. After that it's Michigan and Nebraska. Obviously they could win any of those games, but much more difficult after the Purdue game.

I'm still of the camp to win out and get some help to land in the conference title game and eventually the Liberty Bowl.

It is still so surreal to me that we are having these sorts of topics. It would be rather interesting to get a snapshot of topics on the first page of the forum from 11/05/08 to 11/05/13.

It isn't a dream!! Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

It is still so surreal to me that we are having these sorts of topics. It would be rather interesting to get a snapshot of topics on the first page of the forum from 11/05/08 to 11/05/13.

It isn't a dream!! Go Mean Green!

Just Photoshop Teflon Todd's face inside a flushing toilet bowl and you've got exactly what you're looking for.

:D

Edited by Got5onIt

So, Texas State has wins over South Alabama, Georgia State, and Prairie View. I know PV is a FCS school and Georgia State should be a transitional school. I'm not sure about the status of South Alabama but I think they are in their second year of transition. With that said, Texas State has wins over 2 schools that are transitional schools and so do those count as regular wins or not?

I REALLY don't want Texas State. It might be fun in some ways, but I'm ready for a shot at an AQ name. Depending on the outcome of the conference championship scenario, beating a big name school is likely our only chance at cracking the Top 25 for the first time since the 70's. I'd be surprised if we got more than a couple of votes at 10-3 with a bowl victory over Texas State.

Edited by foutsrouts

So, Texas State has wins over South Alabama, Georgia State, and Prairie View. I know PV is a FCS school and Georgia State should be a transitional school. I'm not sure about the status of South Alabama but I think they are in their second year of transition. With that said, Texas State has wins over 2 schools that are transitional schools and so do those count as regular wins or not?

I think that USA is a full FBS now. I believe last year was their transition year.

That's because Wisconsin was predicted to be a BCS At Large team to play in the Orange Bowl which then moves the rest of the Big Ten teams up one slot.

Who do the players want to play in a bowl game? That's what I want. I want our players to be rewarded for a great season and to prove their meddle and seasonal improvement on the field so that the seniors feel as accomplished as the possibly could feel before walking off that field one last time.

Something tells me texas state would not be in that fairytale, but I still think our players would crack some heads.

• Upvote 3

TXST may win some (overall) votes for:

- Their 9/1/12 (30-13) routing over the University of Houston. Voting boards are fickle.

- Their 9/28/13 (42-21) routing over the University of Wyoming (albeit non-conference but still a "w" in the win column). The game didn't finish until 1:00 AM Sunday (weather delay in San Marcos) so by this time reporters had already closed out their stories (received little/no media coverage).

http://www.txstatebobcats.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Edited by Boko Dweller